We should sell Soucek and Coufal now

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: We should sell Soucek and Coufal now

Post by Clayton »

9898 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:10 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:12 am

So what do you suggest Moyes does to rectify the situation at the moment , change the formation ? , change the starting eleven ? , or both ? or do we need players in ? .
Let's see how you would do it to get this team on a upward trajectory .
Problem is Moyes has really 'Moyesed' the squad. 6'5 Italian donkey cente forward signed and 6'4 donkey in midfield.
I'd start by encouraging, rather than dismissing, talented players (Benrhama) to build their confidence that Moyes has put on the floor.
I'd let creative players create rather than burden them with defensive duties.
I'd stop having favourites.
I'd encourage a bit of pass and movement rather than Wimbledon 80's tactics.
I'd replace Soucek with Lanzini as the holding midfielder and let Rice play with freedom rather than babysit Soucek.
I'd play Bowen (not great but using what we have) through the middle as CF, but Moyes won't as he is too short.
I'd play Benrhama in a free role behind Bowen.
I'd play any right back except Coufal and Johnson.
I'd play Fornals (poor player but using what we have) central midfield and let him run about all day either instructions to win the ball and give it simple to Lanzini and Rice.
Nearly had me until Lanzini was mentioned as the holding midfielder and Rice ( our only DM ) was given a free role .

Post by 9898 »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:28 pm
9898 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:10 pm

Problem is Moyes has really 'Moyesed' the squad. 6'5 Italian donkey cente forward signed and 6'4 donkey in midfield.
I'd start by encouraging, rather than dismissing, talented players (Benrhama) to build their confidence that Moyes has put on the floor.
I'd let creative players create rather than burden them with defensive duties.
I'd stop having favourites.
I'd encourage a bit of pass and movement rather than Wimbledon 80's tactics.
I'd replace Soucek with Lanzini as the holding midfielder and let Rice play with freedom rather than babysit Soucek.
I'd play Bowen (not great but using what we have) through the middle as CF, but Moyes won't as he is too short.
I'd play Benrhama in a free role behind Bowen.
I'd play any right back except Coufal and Johnson.
I'd play Fornals (poor player but using what we have) central midfield and let him run about all day either instructions to win the ball and give it simple to Lanzini and Rice.
Nearly had me until Lanzini was mentioned as the holding midfielder and Rice ( our only DM ) was given a free role .
Lol. You're a 1980's caveman who thinks defensive midfielders need to be 6'4 destroyers. Games moved on. DM position is all about ball retention not leg breaking g tackles. Fornals would run about like a lunatic as its all he's good for anyway.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Areola

Coufal - Kehrer- Aguerd - Emerson

Rice - Soucek

Bowen - Paqueta - Fornals

Scamacca

Fabianski

Johnson - Zouma - Ogbonna - Cresswell

Downes - Vanaken

Cornet - Lanzini - Benrahma

Antonio

WHAT A FUCKING TEAM WE ARE READY FOR THE NEW SASON LADIES AND GENTLEMEN !!!

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

9898 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:57 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:28 pm

Lol. You're a 1980's caveman who thinks defensive midfielders need to be 6'4 destroyers. Games moved on. DM position is all about ball retention not leg breaking g tackles. Fornals would run about like a lunatic as its all he's good for anyway.
I didn't say anything about leg breaking tackles and being a destroyer , so don't to even attempt to read into my comment with something I didn't say , what I did say was that he is our only defensive midfielder ( has pace , reads the game well and can bring the ball out from defence , and can definitely "destroy" the oppositions attack with interceptions etc . .
Hoping Paqueta gets signed because I want to see a midfield trio of Paqueta - Rice - Fornals - shakeass , just wish we had much better wingbacks .

Having Lanzini in the midfield would be worse then having Soucek their . Now if you want to go sign Koopmeiners from Atalanta , to play your Lanzini role I will go with that one .

hd1

Post by hd1 »

9898 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:31 am Yes mate. Real season.
In this real season we are currently on course for under 30 point finish.
All hail Soucek
Under 30 points eh? You mean like Arsenal did last season? Oh hang on their 1st 3 games did nothing to predict their end of season points tally did it muppet :lol:

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

One way to answer your critics I guess.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Castiron wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:28 pm One way to answer your critics I guess.
He took it well.
Soucek and the goal that is. Not Numbers and your comment. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Soucek and Coufal were back to the players we knew they were tonight.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:39 pm Soucek and Coufal were back to the players we knew they were tonight.
Maybe second half , reckon Soucek took something at halftime as he appeared to be more alert when he came out after the break .

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Clayton wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:58 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:39 pm Soucek and Coufal were back to the players we knew they were tonight.
Maybe second half , reckon Soucek took something at halftime as he appeared to be more alert when he came out after the break .
Perhaps he needed a shit at half time.