We should sell Soucek and Coufal now

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: We should sell Soucek and Coufal now

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:32 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:31 pm

I thought Soucek and Coufal were two of our better players behind Dawson,Rice and Fabs.Coufal shouldn't have even got ANY yellow card tonight..The Arsenal players got him his first booking and the ref sent him off for a perfect tackle.

VAR seems to be all about not undermining the Referee.

Should be shot!
Moyss said it was a penalty and Coufal was poor.
WELL,his bloody wrong

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:32 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:31 pm

I thought Soucek and Coufal were two of our better players behind Dawson,Rice and Fabs.Coufal shouldn't have even got ANY yellow card tonight..The Arsenal players got him his first booking and the ref sent him off for a perfect tackle.

VAR seems to be all about not undermining the Referee.

Should be shot!
Moyes disagrees with you my good man.
Well,his entitled to his opinion,but I think his wrong.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:35 pm
9898 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:32 pm

Moyss said it was a penalty and Coufal was poor.
WELL,his bloody wrong
Dermot doesn't. I dont think it was a pen so I agree with Gallagher but I think Moyes is right in saying it all could have been avoided if Coufal made better contact on it.

h69

Post by h69 »

This is why VAR won't work. We've made it so complicated it is unworkable and not fit for purpose. The reason to give the pen by VAR was because they ASSUMED that it was bad since the ref gave the red in the first place. In other words, they just went with the refs opinion and that influenced their decision. What is the point then ?

DERMOT SAYS: "For his first yellow card, it's a flailing arm from Coufal into Kieran Tierney. That's all it is but it's a yellow card. That is not a red card as he doesn't use his arm as a weapon. He doesn't throw it back. So I think Anthony Taylor makes the right decision.

"For the second yellow card and therefore a red, it's a massive controversial decision. It's a very debateable decision and for me I feel he's very, very unlucky to be giving the penalty away. What Anthony Taylor sees on the field, he sees Coufal get the top of the ball and the player then goes through and catches Lacazette on the shin.

"That's what he sees and that's what he makes his judgment on. I don't think he sees that a) he gets the ball and b) he gets the ball a second time with his trailing leg, which is why the ball goes to the left. The referee thought this through and ran it through his mind.

"The VAR then looks at it [Peter Bankes], and he thinks that because Anthony Taylor has given the penalty, he also believes he's got the top of the ball and then caught Lacazette. The VAR can't then intervene and can't turn it down.

"For me, it's not a second yellow and therefore it's not a red card. The reason I say that is because I've got the luxury of looking at the pictures. I thought the penalty was so dubious myself, that's why I think it's not a red card. The vagueness of the system is that once you've awarded the penalty, he's got the perception that it's a reckless challenge and therefore a second yellow card.

"Ultimately, he pays the price for the flailing arm on Tierney."

Why didn't Anthony Taylor go to the pitchside monitor?

DERMOT SAYS: "He can only go to the screen for the penalty judgement. He would have spoken to Peter Bankes about whether or not it was a penalty. They will have had this conversation and Anthony Taylor will have said that he felt it was a reckless challenge because he got the ball but he also took the player.

"The pictures do actually show that so you can't turn that down. That is where the VAR backs off, and regarding the red card, VAR can't intervene because the challenge was technically classed as a second yellow card. So the on-field decision has to stand."

hd1

Post by hd1 »

What absolute fucking nonsense.

It is supposed to sort out clear and obvious errors. They are making it up as they go along

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:00 pm What absolute fucking nonsense.

It is supposed to sort out clear and obvious errors. They are making it up as they go along
Yep, and no consistency in it’s use at all.

It is better run by UEFA and that is saying something.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:07 pm
hd1 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:00 pm What absolute fucking nonsense.

Referees judging referees ? Isn't that a bit like the old bill investigating complaints against other old bill ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:56 pm
Towie wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:07 pm

Referees judging referees ? Isn't that a bit like the old bill investigating complaints against other old bill ?
It's not quite as clear cut as that - and here's why.

The Police follow the evidence and then test whether the rules have been infringed.

The referees interpret the evidence and then apply that interpretation to the rules.

So in the first example it's all about what happend and in the second example it's about what somebody thinks has happened.

Of course some completely random clever bastard, might stick their nose in and say, why don't they just employ better thinkers...

Post by 9898 »

9898 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:10 am Soucek is so, so, so over rated. Absolutely nothing.
Coufal is decent but massively over rated and we have seen the best of him.

If we can get £20 million (money paid) for Soucek snap their hand off.
If we can get £15 million for Coufal snap their hand off.
Both will dip massively next 30 games.

Don't do a Diop. I told everyone he was shit from day one. People disagreed. At one point we could have got a little profit on him. Now everyone agrees with me that he is shit.
Don't make this mistake again.
Bumpity Bump.

FACTS
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

9898 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:02 pm
9898 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:10 am Soucek is so, so, so over rated. Absolutely nothing.
Coufal is decent but massively over rated and we have seen the best of him.

If we can get £20 million (money paid) for Soucek snap their hand off.
If we can get £15 million for Coufal snap their hand off.
Both will dip massively next 30 games.

Don't do a Diop. I told everyone he was shit from day one. People disagreed. At one point we could have got a little profit on him. Now everyone agrees with me that he is shit.
Don't make this mistake again.
Bumpity Bump.

FACTS
H & G
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.