RICE

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: RICE

Post by Brookbonds73 »

hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:17 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:07 pm It might have something to do with the yarmalenko's of this world. 100k a week for a handful of games over a three year period. But then again we paid Andy Carroll a king's ransom for virtually fuck all.
I don't get the relevance to Coufal?
While coufal's running his bollocks off, helping us to secure a 6th place finish. Yarmalenko's sitting on his arse probably getting three or four times his wages for doing fuck all
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:30 pm While coufal's running his bollocks off, helping us to secure a 6th place finish. Yarmalenko's sitting on his arse probably getting three or four times his wages for doing fuck all
Which is why they are looking to get Coufal on a better deal.

As for Yarma, I'm pretty sure he would rather be playing week in week out

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:23 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:38 pm

The only argument I can think of on that is a goal can win you 3 points or a trophy. A clean sheet can win you 1 point. But need both types in a team. That’s why I compared Rice to Maguire and not Sancho. Easier to compare with regards clean sheets etc
Well if you are comparing...

Maguire went for £85 million and he was 26 years old at the time.

Rice is only 22.

Make of that,what you will.
I would say it's not only how good the player is, it's what position they occupy. So we might imagine, a striker or CB would command a higher fee (generally) than a DM. Personally I can't imagine any club paying £100M to fill the role of DM in 2021.

I'm pretty sure Sullivan is aware of this fact, if he isn't, he soon will be.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Nice to see mini sullivan posting
Covid in the Boardroom

hd1

Post by hd1 »

jameskel wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:06 pm Nice to see mini sullivan posting
:lol: Another quality contribution to the debate

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:23 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:38 pm

The only argument I can think of on that is a goal can win you 3 points or a trophy. A clean sheet can win you 1 point. But need both types in a team. That’s why I compared Rice to Maguire and not Sancho. Easier to compare with regards clean sheets etc
Well if you are comparing...

Maguire went for £85 million and he was 26 years old at the time.

Rice is only 22.

Make of that,what you will.
That was part of my point when I 1st compared them Tel
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:34 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:30 pm While coufal's running his bollocks off, helping us to secure a 6th place finish. Yarmalenko's sitting on his arse probably getting three or four times his wages for doing fuck all
Which is why they are looking to get Coufal on a better deal.

As for Yarma, I'm pretty sure he would rather be playing week in week out
I always thought that if you wanted to keep your best players, you offered them a decent contract.
But then again if you wanted to get rid of a player you could of course offer him fuck all in the hope that he gets the hump and puts in a transfer request.
Strange one that.

As for Yarmo, I didn't see him running out the door on a loan to play first team football anywhere else.
Yet another strange one.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

jameskel wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:06 pm Nice to see mini sullivan posting
:lol: :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:10 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:53 pm He is a striker. By and large strikers cost the big bucks. The fees for Haaland and Kane , if they move, will probably be twice as high, at least, as any other fees agreed this window. ,
He is a forward, but more of a winger, not a target man like Kane or Haaland. Now whilst that may be splitting hairs Man Utd will still play Rashford or Cavani down the middle rather than Sancho
It's an established fact Sancho is a player who has created and scored goals in the Bundesliga. They are the players for whom tje top clubs will pay top dollar. Rice is very good at his job and will command a big fee when he is sold, but it will not be anything like some of the ridiculous sums that have been quoted. As always the market, and the negotiating skills of the various parties, will decide what the eventual price is.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:22 pm
I know the window hasn't really got going for anyone just yet but I literally have zero confidence in the clubs ability to sign anyone even remotely half decent judging by the names that are consistently being banded about. Smoke-fire and all that.
Let's just turn this on it's head for a minute. I broke the habit of a lifetime and spent about 15 minutes tonight watching some of the click bait crap on WHUTV and others. I listened to sum bloke waffling along, in a clip he seems to have recorded in his car, our own Gonzo waving his arms around a lot and some other bloke with a beard which sort of followed on from one of the clips and was, to people of a nervous disposition, quite scary.

The names that are being bandied about are only being circulated by all this click bait bollocks imo. Once a name is mentioned the rumour grows legs and develops a life of it's own. Let's face it it's all, by and large, rumour. I haven't got a clue who, if anyone, we will sign during this window. I don't have any contacts, at least contacts who will actually be privy to such information, and nor, I am guessing, do the click bait peddlers. So if I read, for the dozenth time we are about to sign Martin Braithwaite, Phil Jones or Uncle Tom fucking Cobley in all honesty I don't pay a lot of attention.

The only thing that surprises me tbh is that some people actually pay to see the stuff these blokes are churning out. Good luck to the guys raking the cash in but, please, they know no more than the rest of us cunts. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?