RICE

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: RICE

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:45 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:23 pm

Well if you are comparing...

Maguire went for £85 million and he was 26 years old at the time.

Rice is only 22.

Make of that,what you will.
I would say it's not only how good the player is, it's what position they occupy. So we might imagine, a striker or CB would command a higher fee (generally) than a DM. Personally I can't imagine any club paying £100M to fill the role of DM in 2021.

I'm pretty sure Sullivan is aware of this fact, if he isn't, he soon will be.
Personally, I don't think that will be the case.

Man Utd decided to pay that,Chelsea could.if they were desperate for him to sign.I said in the post earlier,they have got Kante,so why would they want Rice?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:11 pm
hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:34 pm

Which is why they are looking to get Coufal on a better deal.

As for Yarma, I'm pretty sure he would rather be playing week in week out
I always thought that if you wanted to keep your best players, you offered them a decent contract.
No, that's only part of the story. Clubs offer players a decent contract in the hope they'll extend their existing one which will increase the fee the club can demand when an enquiry comes in. But when a player, such as Declan Rice declines to sign a new contract the club has to make a decision.

Which is do we sell now, when the player has 3 years left on his contract or allow the contract to run down season by season and, by doing so, dilute the fee they can expect to receive.

Contracts are these days more of a safeguard to the club, not the player.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:37 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:22 pm
I know the window hasn't really got going for anyone just yet but I literally have zero confidence in the clubs ability to sign anyone even remotely half decent judging by the names that are consistently being banded about. Smoke-fire and all that.
Let's just turn this on it's head for a minute. I broke the habit of a lifetime and spent about 15 minutes tonight watching some of the click bait crap on WHUTV and others. I listened to sum bloke waffling along, in a clip he seems to have recorded in his car, our own Gonzo waving his arms around a lot and some other bloke with a beard which sort of followed on from one of the clips and was, to people of a nervous disposition, quite scary.

The names that are being bandied about are only being circulated by all this click bait bollocks imo. Once a name is mentioned the rumour grows legs and develops a life of it's own. Let's face it it's all, by and large, rumour. I haven't got a clue who, if anyone, we will sign during this window. I don't have any contacts, at least contacts who will actually be privy to such information, and nor, I am guessing, do the click bait peddlers. So if I read, for the dozenth time we are about to sign Martin Braithwaite, Phil Jones or Uncle Tom fucking Cobley in all honesty I don't pay a lot of attention.

The only thing that surprises me tbh is that some people actually pay to see the stuff these blokes are churning out. Good luck to the guys raking the cash in but, please, they know no more than the rest of us cunts. ;)
Can this Cobley fella play up front? ;)
COYI!!!

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:22 pm
I know the window hasn't really got going for anyone just yet but I literally have zero confidence in the clubs ability to sign anyone even remotely half decent judging by the names that are consistently being banded about. Smoke-fire and all that.
Let's just turn this on it's head for a minute. I broke the habit of a lifetime and spent about 15 minutes tonight watching some of the click bait crap on WHUTV and others. I listened to sum bloke waffling along, in a clip he seems to have recorded in his car, our own Gonzo waving his arms around a lot and some other bloke with a beard which sort of followed on from one of the clips and was, to people of a nervous disposition, quite scary.

The names that are being bandied about are only being circulated by all this click bait bollocks imo. Once a name is mentioned the rumour grows legs and develops a life of it's own. Let's face it it's all, by and large, rumour. I haven't got a clue who, if anyone, we will sign during this window. I don't have any contacts, at least contacts who will actually be privy to such information, and nor, I am guessing, do the click bait peddlers. So if I read, for the dozenth time we are about to sign Martin Braithwaite, Phil Jones or Uncle Tom fucking Cobley in all honesty I don't pay a lot of attention.

The only thing that surprises me tbh is that some people actually pay to see the stuff these blokes are churning out. Good luck to the guys raking the cash in but, please, they know no more than the rest of us cunts. ;)
Think youve hit the nail whiskey. Used to watch some of them but there all the same and like you say the rumours are all shit.

Towie

Post by Towie »

JayK wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:45 pm

Well he is more of a winger, but I’m sure Moyesasauras can convert him to a striker. ;)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:06 am
JayK wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:45 pm

Well he is more of a winger, but I’m sure Moyesasauras can convert him to a striker. ;)
:lol:
COYI!!!

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:36 pm
jameskel wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:06 pm Nice to see mini sullivan posting
:lol: Another quality contribution to the debate
No debating with you. You are firmly in the arse crack of the owners.
Covid in the Boardroom

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:30 pm
hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:17 pm

I don't get the relevance to Coufal?
While coufal's running his bollocks off, helping us to secure a 6th place finish. Yarmalenko's sitting on his arse probably getting three or four times his wages for doing fuck all

The Gonz gets his teeth into not signing lucrative deals

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:41 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:30 pm

While coufal's running his bollocks off, helping us to secure a 6th place finish. Yarmalenko's sitting on his arse probably getting three or four times his wages for doing fuck all

The Gonz gets his teeth into not signing lucrative deals
They don't want to get things sorted Kris, because they're not fucking interested.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

True or not, I fucking despise that horrible,slimey, dwarf welsh cunt
Covid in the Boardroom