RICE

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: RICE

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Wouldn’t blame him at all if he fucks off
But call me fucking crackers I think he will stay another season.

Around the 60 - 80M mark for the two cunts to trouser when it does happen.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:33 pm Wouldn’t blame him at all if he fucks off

My reliable source is telling me that Chelsea have offered Dortmund £135 million for Haaland. If that move goes through he won't be going to Chelsea this window. As that is clearly his preferred destination you may well have a point.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:25 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:33 pm Wouldn’t blame him at all if he fucks off

My reliable source is telling me that Chelsea have offered Dortmund £135 million for Haaland. If that move goes through he won't be going to Chelsea this window. As that is clearly his preferred destination you may well have a point.
Now that is interesting,135. I have no idea how much Lukaku is worth but I would rather have a real deal than a Norweigan who had a good season.

And if they went that route, then the Rice transfer would still be an option - from their point of view.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:31 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:25 pm

Now that is interesting,135. I have no idea how much Lukaku is worth but I would rather have a real deal than a Norweigan who had a good season.

And if they went that route, then the Rice transfer would still be an option - from their point of view.
I agree Lukaku is tried and tested. But imo this Haaland character is the real deal. And he's also several years younger. Lukaku's next deal will probably be his last big one but Haaland still has his best years in front of him. If Chelsea do land him they will be City's main challengers next year imo.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:03 am
JayK wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:56 am

Tbh, nobody is worth the money they generally go for, but if Maguire is worth £80mil then Rice is most definitely worth more than £60mil
Sancho has just gone for 73 million but a player is worth whatever another club are willing to pay. On the basis that Sancho hardly played in the Euro finals then Rice is worth more. If the little cunt says to Chelsea he wants 100m and Roman says 'Da' then he's worth 100m. If I put a fucking Happy meal toy for sale on Ebay for £100 and someone paid it then it's worth that. :lol:

I just wish they'd get on with it. I'm convinced the dwarf will agree to a fee of around 60m plus someone we don't need from the plastics 5 minutes before the end of the window just so there's no time to spend any of it.
That's true but mostly the fee is made up of what is left on the contract and potential. I'd say Jadon Sancho is ahead of Rice based on last season so it's a good watermark.

Chelsea's priority along with City is a striker so if they have any chance of Haaland then that is likely where the budget will go.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

h69 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:08 pm That's true but mostly the fee is made up of what is left on the contract and potential. I'd say Jadon Sancho is ahead of Rice based on last season so it's a good watermark.

Chelsea's priority along with City is a striker so if they have any chance of Haaland then that is likely where the budget will go.
The way I see it is that Rice at 22 with 3 years left on his contract, has now had 3 full seasons playing in the Premier League and is well established and respected as one of the best DM's in the league, also recognised by Southgate by picking him as a starter on a regular basis.

Sancho at 21 had a year left on his contract, has no Premier League experience and only plays a bit part in the England team. I appreciate he has played Champions League but it's a very different type of game. He may have potential but Rice is proven at the level.

IMO I don't see how Sancho is ahead of Rice at all.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:19 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:08 pm That's true but mostly the fee is made up of what is left on the contract and potential. I'd say Jadon Sancho is ahead of Rice based on last season so it's a good watermark.

The way I see it is that Rice at 22 with 3 years left on his contract, has now had 3 full seasons playing in the Premier League and is well established and respected as one of the best DM's in the league, also recognised by Southgate by picking him as a starter on a regular basis.

Sancho at 21 had a year left on his contract, has no Premier League experience and only plays a bit part in the England team. I appreciate he has played Champions League but it's a very different type of game. He may have potential but Rice is proven at the level.

I suspect that Sancho is viewed as a player who can hurt the opposition greater.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:53 pm I suspect that Sancho is viewed as a player who can hurt the opposition greater.
Obviously they are different types of players, one can set up goals, the other stops them. What's more valuable?

I would say both are equally valuable

JayK

Post by JayK »

hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:10 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:53 pm I suspect that Sancho is viewed as a player who can hurt the opposition greater.
Obviously they are different types of players, one can set up goals, the other stops them. What's more valuable?

I would say both are equally valuable
The only argument I can think of on that is a goal can win you 3 points or a trophy. A clean sheet can win you 1 point. But need both types in a team. That’s why I compared Rice to Maguire and not Sancho. Easier to compare with regards clean sheets etc
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:19 pm

He is a striker. By and large strikers cost the big bucks. The fees for Haaland and Kane , if they move, will probably be twice as high, at least, as any other fees agreed this window. ,