RICE

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: RICE

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:29 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:27 pm

I'm sure Moyes knows who he would replace him with as his due diligence is pretty good and while I like Declan, he is not irreplaceable and we will have to move on when he leaves. Just dont get the obsession with offering him a contract with more wages with a get out clause in it so he can leave on the cheap.
The only party who benefits from a get out clause is the player. Unless the price of the get out is so high that it is a waste of time anyway.
Both benefit if the buy-out is set realistically. Jack Grealish £100M was adjudged value by both Aston Villa and Man City.

Conversely Harry Kane was not considered value over £100M by Man City and no one else was interested. Given his performances at the Euro's quelle surprise.

With Declan Rice it's an interesting one, because Chelsea,Man U and Man City could have offered a player going the other way but nobody registered
any firm interest. That tells me, it's either a timing issue or a valuation of £100M is too strong.

Maybe reducing the buy-out by £5M to £95M will tease an offer next summer.

Post by 9898 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:35 pm

The only party who benefits from a get out clause is the player. Unless the price of the get out is so high that it is a waste of time anyway.
Both benefit if the buy-out is set realistically. Jack Grealish £100M was adjudged value by both Aston Villa and Man City.

Conversely Harry Kane was not considered value over £100M by Man City and no one else was interested. Given his performances at the Euro's quelle surprise.

With Declan Rice it's an interesting one, because Chelsea,Man U and Man City could have offered a player going the other way but nobody registered
any firm interest. That tells me, it's either a timing issue or a valuation of £100M is too strong.

That's better.
You've cut out the 'funnies' and written a half decent post.
Well done.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

9898 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:45 pm

That's better.
You've cut out the 'funnies' and written a half decent post.
Well done.
Instead of giving a performance appraisal on my on-line activity (thanks btw) you need to address a conversation on the other board, you are having with IW. He publicly called you a cunt. I only thought it...but suddenly I'm the bad wheel,jeez

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

One of my ex works colleagues works for Chelsea on their player recruitment and contract negotiation team and they do have Rice very high on their wish list. They had ideally wanted to bring in Erling Haaland but ended up with Lukaku because Tuchel's priority was for a striker. That basically meant their budget wouldn't cover another major addition. Given that Tuchel is, apparently, a big admirer of Rice and Chelsea appear to be, if rumours are to be believed, Rice's preferred destination I expect that is where he will eventually end up.

Let's make the most of watching him while we can.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:08 am

One of my ex works colleagues works for Chelsea on their player recruitment and contract negotiation team and they do have Rice very high on their wish list. They had ideally wanted to bring in Erling Haaland but ended up with Lukaku because Tuchel's priority was for a striker. That basically meant their budget wouldn't cover another major addition. Given that Tuchel is, apparently, a big admirer of Rice and Chelsea appear to be, if rumours are to be believed, Rice's preferred destination I expect that is where he will eventually end up.

i'm told by my 'itk's' :lol: in East Manchester that City are now taking a keen interest.

Which was nice. We need a bidding war.

Also that Big Jesse wouldn't be interested in joining us should Rice be on the way north and that Everton would be his likely destination.

h69

Post by h69 »

That is not correct actually. When Grealish left, Purslow admitted that they set that value as they thought it would price teams out and they were disappointed it didnt. It was a mistake on their part and they were happy to admit it.

The only one who benefits from a sell on clause is the player as it allows him a way out for a certain price. I believe Rice is pissed off that our valuation of 100m put everyone else off so he wants a release clause inserted. I doubt he will accept it to be 100m then so he is saying he wants a lower price so he can leave.....and get a pay rise for it. So he is saying, I want to make it easier to leave next year and if you do, I will sign and get a pay rise for a year..... :roll:

In my opinion he can do one. Pay rise and commitment or sell next summer. Players and agents should not be dictating what we sell for and we do indeed want a bidding war which is killed if you put a release clause in a contract.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:48 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:08 am

i'm told by my 'itk's' :lol: in East Manchester that City are now taking a keen interest.

Which was nice. We need a bidding war.

Also that Big Jesse wouldn't be interested in joining us should Rice be on the way north and that Everton would be his likely destination.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if City are waiting in the wings. Fernandinho is getting on a bit now and ERice would be a good fit for them imo. And I imagine there is a certain appeal to working under Guardiola. However it has been widely suggested his preferred option is Chelsea so if I were a betting man that's where I'd be putting my money on him ending up.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?