The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Post by hd1 »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:38 pm Stop being a Cunt then .

It’s not as if I accused you of being a Sully Nosher or anything.
Really?

:lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:47 pm The Holy waistcoat saw us go a goal up early doors and shat his frillies. That wasn't in the plan. His masterstroke was to 'grow into the game'.

Obviously not Italy's either as up until half time they were there for the taking if we'd have thrown caution to the wind and gone for broke. But not this boring cunt. Plan A's out of the window but who cares. Go over the top and charge naked at Gerry. Or Roberto in this case.

However, Roberto is a shrewd tactician who knew what changes to implement and when.

It's sickening the abuse that Rashford, Sancho and Saka have taken. I don't know if any of the senior players or Grealish said they didn't fancy taking a penalty or not. At least they stood up to be counted.

But it should never have got that far. Yet to me it almost seemed we were playing for them.

'Sir' Gareth Southgate ? For putting a smile back into the country ?

Fuck right off. I wasn't smiling. The best chance in 55 years against a bang average team without their best player and the cunt bottled it.

I was away for a few days on holiday. I'd found a pub in Cowes showing the game, managed to get a table and it was all set. A great crowd, no silly fuckers and jubilation awaited. I was even drinking shots with the youngsters ffs. I've not been as disappointed as the time they ran out brasso at Tesco.

At least the cabbie turned up and I was saved a four hour trek back in the rain when completely wankered.

The limp-wristed tosser should be shown the door not rewarded for failure. Second place means you lost. But the kow-towing old shitcunts afraid of being politically incorrect will extend the cunt's contract. And we'll be singing that fucking Coming Home song again in Qatar until the Quarter Finals when a team managed by a bloke without the tactical awareness of a clothes horse sends us packing.
Oh no !! Another "get rid of the manager" post. But, sadly, who would you suggest to be the incoming replacement. The "young and progressive" Scott Parker ? Chris Wilder's available after leaving Sheffield United. Steve Bruce isn't flavour of the month at Newcastle and might get the elbow, particularly if the camel drivers, and Amanda Staveley, do eventually get their club. Sean Dyche has probably taken Burnley as far as he can. How about him.?

You may not have noticed but there aren't too many succesful English managers doing the rounds at the moment. True, we re under no obligation to employ a chief coach who is English but we've been down that route before without success and, in any case, isn't it an utter embarrassment that the country which gave the game to the world can't find anyone to manage the national squad ?

I'm not a particular fan of Southgate but I think he deserves some credit for reaching a world cup semi final and a Euro final. And I think he deserves a lot of credit for bringing in talented young players in place of the selection policies of previous England managers who seemed to look no further than the usual suspects on the books of the CL qualifiers.

A bit like us and Moyes in fact. The illustrious Mr Newmarket and I at least agree that Moyes is as good as anyone we're likely to get and, as far as I'm concerned, Southgate is in the same category as far as the national team is concerned.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:48 pm
palerider wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:47 pm The Holy waistcoat saw us go a goal up early doors and shat his frillies. That wasn't in the plan. His masterstroke was to 'grow into the game'.

Obviously not Italy's either as up until half time they were there for the taking if we'd have thrown caution to the wind and gone for broke. But not this boring cunt. Plan A's out of the window but who cares. Go over the top and charge naked at Gerry. Or Roberto in this case.

However, Roberto is a shrewd tactician who knew what changes to implement and when.

It's sickening the abuse that Rashford, Sancho and Saka have taken. I don't know if any of the senior players or Grealish said they didn't fancy taking a penalty or not. At least they stood up to be counted.

But it should never have got that far. Yet to me it almost seemed we were playing for them.

Fuck right off. I wasn't smiling. The best chance in 55 years against a bang average team without their best player and the cunt bottled it.

I was away for a few days on holiday. I'd found a pub in Cowes showing the game, managed to get a table and it was all set. A great crowd, no silly fuckers and jubilation awaited. I was even drinking shots with the youngsters ffs. I've not been as disappointed as the time they ran out brasso at Tesco.

At least the cabbie turned up and I was saved a four hour trek back in the rain when completely wankered.

The limp-wristed tosser should be shown the door not rewarded for failure. Second place means you lost. But the kow-towing old shitcunts afraid of being politically incorrect will extend the cunt's contract. And we'll be singing that fucking Coming Home song again in Qatar until the Quarter Finals when a team managed by a bloke without the tactical awareness of a clothes horse sends us packing.
Oh no !! Another "get rid of the manager" post. But, sadly, who would you suggest to be the incoming replacement. The "young and progressive" Scott Parker ? Chris Wilder's available after leaving Sheffield United. Steve Bruce isn't flavour of the month at Newcastle and might get the elbow, particularly if the camel drivers, and Amanda Staveley, do eventually get their club. Sean Dyche has probably taken Burnley as far as he can. How about him.?

You may not have noticed but there aren't too many succesful English managers doing the rounds at the moment. True, we re under no obligation to employ a chief coach who is English but we've been down that route before without success and, in any case, isn't it an utter embarrassment that the country which gave the game to the world can't find anyone to manage the national squad ?

I'm not a particular fan of Southgate but I think he deserves some credit for reaching a world cup semi final and a Euro final. And I think he deserves a lot of credit for bringing in talented young players in place of the selection policies of previous England managers who seemed to look no further than the usual suspects on the books of the CL qualifiers.

A bit like us and Moyes in fact. The illustrious Mr Newmarket and I at least agree that Moyes is as good as anyone we're likely to get and, as far as I'm concerned, Southgate is in the same category as far as the national team is concerned.
I would suggest Frank Lampard would provide a better sporting experience, than the drab and dreary displays that were on offer this summer.

There is no excuse in churning out the style of football that England produced when you have that reservoir of talent available to use.

palerider

Post by palerider »

So you're happy with second best then ?

No doubt you love Bubbles, West Ham's anthem to failure.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

[/quote]

Of course he loves bubbles. Its reverse psychology to keep slagging it off so that we all sing it with great gusto just to disagree with him. :D :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:54 am

Accepting second best is very different to being happy with it. In fact I would probably cartwheel down the street if we ever achieved the giddy heights of being third best again, like we were in 1986, never mind second. But we are West Ham United, not the Manchester one. We don't challenge for championships, we get our jollies when we gallantly avoid falling through the trapdoor at the last minute. Except that last season was a notable exception. Yet we still, or a least many of us do, still whine and grizzle. You may disagree but I would rather watch the relatively successful football we played last year than the crap we've been served up by and large ever since I started supporting the fucking club.

So no, to answer your question I'm not happy with second best. But I like to think I'm realistic enough to accept that even second best is out of our reach and so I am happy to get to watch the occasional season when we compete at the top end of the table instead of our more traditional, and befitting of our dirge like anthem, domain.

Hope that explains it. ;)

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Just noticed that shrine to Rashford?
Is he dead ??

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:56 pm Just noticed that shrine to Rashford?
Is he dead ??
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not yet

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:15 am So you're happy with second best then ?

Of course he loves bubbles. Its reverse psychology to keep slagging it off so that we all sing it with great gusto just to disagree with him. :D :D
[/quote]

Gusto isn't a word I can associate with soapy water mate. As far as lyrics go it's hardly Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George is it ? FFs it's not even "You'll never walk alone" or even "Blue is the colour".

But I will concede it's better than that stupid "Good old Arsenal" crap. ;)

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:39 pm
tassiehammer wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:15 am So you're happy with second best then ?

Gusto isn't a word I can associate with soapy water mate. As far as lyrics go it's hardly Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George is it ? FFs it's not even "You'll never walk alone" or even "Blue is the colour".

But I will concede it's better than that stupid "Good old Arsenal" crap. ;)
[/quote]

You’ll never walk alone is shit and too common. Ours is much better than that
COYI!!!