The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Towie wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:14 pm Rice did nothing wrong last night, it was the kane, Stirling, Mount and Reece James & Luke Shaw that were completely useless.

Agreed.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:04 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:21 am

Why is it contradictive?

Scotland weren't expected to get anything and did.

Stop being so picky in your old age Whiskyman, analysing every small detail written.
I reckon it's contradictory because you said it was the worst match of the tournament. Doesn't that suggest neither team did much to set the pulses racing ? Therefore------------.

Now can you see where I'm going with this. A crap game equals neither side playing well does it not ? ;)
One team were better than we thought they'd be,while the other was total crap.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:14 pm Rice did nothing wrong last night, it was the kane, Stirling, Mount and Reece James & Luke Shaw that were completely useless.
Thought Mount was one of our better players,but faded in last 25 minutes.

Chilwell played all through the qualifiers.He won the CL,but lost his place to a bloody right back and a player that has won f*ck all at one of the biggest clubs in the world in the last 7 years, play in front of him.

How many times have you seen the wing backs get to the by line in the last 2 games..I haven't seen it once..Chilwell does it all the time and chips in with goals too.

Has I said earlier in the thread, Southgate is so bloody negative.He dosen't play to our strengths,he would rather worry about what the opposition do,no matter who they are.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:33 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:04 am

I reckon it's contradictory because you said it was the worst match of the tournament. Doesn't that suggest neither team did much to set the pulses racing ? Therefore------------.

Now can you see where I'm going with this. A crap game equals neither side playing well does it not ? ;)
I think I understand now. One team was total crap but the team that couldn’t beat them deserves to be congratulated because they weren’t quite as crap as you thought they were.

I’m going to lie down now.

At least those sideways passing Germans gave us some entertainment today. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

What's pissing me off the most is the plaudits the Jocks are getting from pundits, the media and their fans. Oh do fuck off! They're celebrating a drab 0-0 like they've won the fucking universe.

Christ on a bike, no matter how piss poor England were the fact is that only a post and a not given penalty prevented them from winning the game. Scotland will leave the tournament not having scored a goal I betchya.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:59 pm

I think I understand now. One team was total crap but the team that couldn’t beat them deserves to be congratulated because they weren’t quite as crap as you thought they were.

Let me explain...Scotland were 10/1 with the bookies..They were the biggest outsiders to win a game in the tournament so far.

Both teams only created a couple of chances each...We should have created a lot more.Our full backs hardly got over the half way line.You can't say we put them to the sword.We lacked energy and purpose.Scotland's plan obviously worked.

In my opinion it was the most boring of the tournament.That`s my opinion and you are arguing that I'm wrong..It`s an opinion mate.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game today.They lacked edge against the French,even thought hey had plenty of the ball.They were excellent.You have to admire the Germans and you wouldn't be surprised if they ended up winning it.

Enjoy your lay down.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

On that evidence we might want to avoid the Germans. It looks like their second pick forwards are better than our second pick forwatds...or even our first pick

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:23 pm

Let me explain...Scotland were 10/1 with the bookies..They were the biggest outsiders to win a game in the tournament so far.

Both teams only created a couple of chances each...We should have created a lot more.Our full backs hardly got over the half way line.You can't say we put them to the sword.We lacked energy and purpose.Scotland's plan obviously worked.

In my opinion it was the most boring of the tournament.That`s my opinion and you are arguing that I'm wrong..It`s an opinion mate.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game today.They lacked edge against the French,even thought hey had plenty of the ball.They were excellent.You have to admire the Germans and you wouldn't be surprised if they ended up winning it.

Enjoy your lay down.
Oh FFS. I give up. I don't give a fuck what the odds on Scotland were . I agree with you the game itself was shit. A non event. 95 minutes or so of our lives we will never get back. So to give one of the teams a well done chaps, jolly good show seems a bit silly to me.

That is the fucking irony. Let's leave it at that can we please. ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:06 am
Towie wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:27 am

Finishing 2nd will avoid France/Portugal/Germany next round, finishing 2nd would give us probably Sweden.

Southgate is a genius.
I watched last nights game and also saw the Spain v Sweden borefest the other night when Sweden parked the bus.

If England and Sweden meet I hope there's something decent on another channel somewhere because I don't see that as being anything to look forward to.
Absolutely this
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:22 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:23 pm

Enjoy your lay down.
Oh FFS. I give up. I don't give a fuck what the odds on Scotland were . I agree with you the game itself was shit. A non event. 95 minutes or so of our lives we will never get back. So to give one of the teams a well done chaps, jolly good show seems a bit silly to me.

That is the fucking irony. Let's leave it at that can we please. ?
You started it :lol:

I always respect your opinion mate :lol: