The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:39 am Southgate you cunt.
Still seething over that shit from yesterday.

After Russia 2018 I thought we’d found someone who played without fear and picked players on form and fitness only.

But no, the weight of expectation and his developing relationship with certain players has turned him into another Sven. He now has his little clique of “favourites”…. the death knell for almost every England manager.
And his “not lose” mindset seems to have gotten into the players heads. It reminds me of the early Moyes days.

Maybe, if we go on to have a good tournament we’ll look at last night as just a minor blip and a point gained.
But NOT hammering those fuckers and being happy for the final whistle is grating me at the moment 😡
You know what'll happen here Tone.
He'll drop his faves, the performance will improve slightly, and we'll progress to the knockout stages.
There will be fantastic write ups in the papers calling us world beaters, and he'll be proclaimed as the next Pep.
All the woke cunts, who know fuck all about football, will be singing "it's coming home."
He'll then revert back to aforementioned faves, we'll bow out. Plenty of back page pictures, heads bowed, fans crying, wokes happy that we tried our best.
He'll get a new contract, because he gives great blowjobs.
We'll beat Nepal 9-0 in a friendly and we'll be world beaters again.
Eat, sleep, repeat.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I love the caption beneath the photo of machine gun Kelly

Raheem Sterling was fuming after not being awarded a penalty against England

:lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:45 am
I love the caption beneath the photo of machine gun Kelly

Raheem Sterling was fuming after not being awarded a penalty against England

:lol:
Ah bless, did he scream and shout and break all his crayons.
Little useless cunt, he was arsehole lucky to score against Croatia and last night he was fucking dreadful.
Still, so long as he's lubed up, he'll always get a game, I suppose.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Bring back Terry Venables I say , he would have known how to get the best from the current crop of young English players . IMO Southgate is selecting the wrong players/tactics same as the first match . Do we really need Phillips in there next to Rice as well as Mount , I would just play the two . We could play Grealish in the center as a ten . Why is Foden on the right anyway why not on the left ? We have a natural right sided player in Sancho as well . And where have our attacking fullbacks disappeared to ? .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

After Russia 2018 I thought we’d found someone who played without fear and picked players on form and fitness only.

But no, the weight of expectation and his developing relationship with certain players has turned him into another Sven. He now has his little clique of “favourites”…. the death knell for almost every England manager.
And his “not lose” mindset seems to have gotten into the players heads. It reminds me of the early Moyes days.

Maybe, if we go on to have a good tournament we’ll look at last night as just a minor blip and a point gained.
But NOT hammering those fuckers and being happy for the final whistle is grating me at the moment 😡
The clique of 'favourites' is so apt. As soon as the squad was announced you knew Southgate's likely preferred starting front three would be Rashford,Kane,Sterling. Problem there, they were all off form. Sterling all season,Rashford six months and Kane the last two weeks.

Compounding that problem he then took too many fullbacks,Ben White ? and two injured players, later discarding Ward-Prowse and Lingard.

The media sat back, raised the odd question and then all agreed he knows what he's doing. I thought, Harry Kane is a golden boot winner,he will get his form back and we do have Grealish,Bellingham,Sancho,Foden and Mount so we should be fine.

Tournament starts and we have scored one goal, that a stab in the dark from a scuffed shot by a falling over Raheem Sterling and hardly a glimpse from Bellingam,Sancho or Grealish. And now we discover that Harry Kane is almost even more off form than his off form period at the end of the season. Cripes !

Now imagine if Gareth Southgate had been replaced in April by someone like Frank Lampard, then imagine Englands front three for the Czech game
as Grealish,Ings,Sancho with Mount and Bellinham prompting and Dec sitting. Or perhaps Ward-Prowse and Lingard.

But definitely not Henderson,Phillips,Rashford or Sterling.

So what does Southgate do now ? Well you might as well start Maguire next to Stones against the Czech's because your going to start him in the round of 16 and at least it gets him match fit'ish. There was/is never ever any need or good purpose to play Rice and Phillips, so ditch Phillips and free up a slot for someone creative. Probably time to restore Chilwell to LB. We don't need to see the other two again.

Which leaves the elephant in the room,the golden boot himself. Not GS's fault he is hopelessly out of sorts but leaving Ings behind is. Best he can do is play Grealish and Sancho either side and hope the £100M+ man can reflate himself price wise.

Failing that, we can all pin our hopes on Calvin-Lewin who I have only observed on MOTD highlights. Is that enough ? We might be about to find out...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:54 pm

The clique of 'favourites' is so apt. As soon as the squad was announced you knew Southgate's likely preferred starting front three would be Rashford,Kane,Sterling. Problem there, they were all off form. Sterling all season,Rashford six months and Kane the last two weeks.

Compounding that problem he then took too many fullbacks,Ben White ? and two injured players, later discarding Ward-Prowse and Lingard.

The media sat back, raised the odd question and then all agreed he knows what he's doing. I thought, Harry Kane is a golden boot winner,he will get his form back and we do have Grealish,Bellingham,Sancho,Foden and Mount so we should be fine.

Tournament starts and we have scored one goal, that a stab in the dark from a scuffed shot by a falling over Raheem Sterling and hardly a glimpse from Bellingam,Sancho or Grealish. And now we discover that Harry Kane is almost even more off form than his off form period at the end of the season. Cripes !

Now imagine if Gareth Southgate had been replaced in April by someone like Frank Lampard, then imagine Englands front three for the Czech game
as Grealish,Ings,Sancho with Mount and Bellinham prompting and Dec sitting. Or perhaps Ward-Prowse and Lingard.

But definitely not Henderson,Phillips,Rashford or Sterling.

So what does Southgate do now ? Well you might as well start Maguire next to Stones against the Czech's because your going to start him in the round of 16 and at least it gets him match fit'ish. There was/is never ever any need or good purpose to play Rice and Phillips, so ditch Phillips and free up a slot for someone creative. Probably time to restore Chilwell to LB. We don't need to see the other two again.

Which leaves the elephant in the room,the golden boot himself. Not GS's fault he is hopelessly out of sorts but leaving Ings behind is. Best he can do is play Grealish and Sancho either side and hope the £100M+ man can reflate himself price wise.

Failing that, we can all pin our hopes on Calvin-Lewin who I have only observed on MOTD highlights. Is that enough ? We might be about to find out...
The likely chummy draw incoming with the Czechs , which Whisky rightly alluded to earlier may well see that boring Cunt Southgate leaving Michael Chineggen on the bench anyway to both give him a kick up the Arse and to save him for the Swedes in the last 16 .

At least that way we’ll go out to a half decent side when we play the French or Italians or , inevitably, the Squareheads.

Well that’s what I’d do anyway and far be it from me to suggest it , I’d also be asking the master tactician that is Moysie for a few tips .

If you’re going to play for penalties at least learn how to do it properly eh ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Germany v Portugal game putting last nights fiasco to even more shame.

4-2 to Germany at the moment.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:41 pm Germany v Portugal game putting last nights fiasco to even more shame.

4-2 to Germany at the moment.
Quality game.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Good point that

Towie

Post by Towie »

Rice did nothing wrong last night, it was the kane, Stirling, Mount and Reece James & Luke Shaw that were completely useless.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.