The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:03 pm
DanishHammer wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:54 pm

Worst game of the tournament
If Spain had a decent striker,we could have been calling it the BEST game of the tournament.

That was their problem,they have no end product,but they are one team that could go on and win it.
Even a top striker would’ve had next to no service
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

JayK wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:04 pm

If Spain had a decent striker,we could have been calling it the BEST game of the tournament.

That was their problem,they have no end product,but they are one team that could go on and win it.
They had 17 chances Jay.

Putting it into perspective, we had less than half of them chances.

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:09 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:04 pm

They had 17 chances Jay.

How many were good chances though Tel? How many by a striker? How many on target? How many from inside the area? I’d say Sweden def had the better chances and they were barely in the game
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

JayK wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:12 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:09 pm

They had 17 chances Jay.

How many were good chances though Tel? How many by a striker? How many on target? How many from inside the area? I’d say Sweden def had the better chances and they were barely in the game
I agree,that there was too much tapey tapey from them(800 odd completed passes),but the amount of times,they had freedom in the penalty area and didn`t score or create the chance.I'd be very frustrated if I was a Spanish fan.Still think they're a decent team Jay.

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:20 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:12 pm

I agree,that there was too much tapey tapey from them(800 odd completed passes),but the amount of times,they had freedom in the penalty area and didn`t score or create the chance.I'd be very frustrated if I was a Spanish fan.Still think they're a decent team Jay.
No doubt they’re a good team Tel. Any team who can keep a ball and string so many passes together gotta be half decent. As a neutral, I think Swedish fans gotta be much happier to keep them out so much and almost Nick it a couple of times. I woulda been doing my nut as a Spaniard. And even though 17 shots and 5 on target, with that much possession, it was boring as hell imo
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:27 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:19 pm Anyone else think the standard of refereeing so far is several notches higher than we get from most of the pricks on the PL list ?

Fair contact being allowed and no stopping for a VAR review every few minutes.
Been excellent Wm.

Like Wales,I thought Scotland were awful,apart from the first 10 minutes.

Czech Rep were ok.Schick scored a fabulous goal,while the reliable Coufal was excellent.

It will be different Friday though.. Biggest game in the world for the Scots.We must match their attitude.otherwise we could be in for a rude awakening. If we do that,well win by 3 or more.
Can't understand all the hype about England tbh. I thought they were all right and deserved to win. But the media hype is starting to get ramped up on the basis of one win against a pretty average side. Croatia aren't the side they were 3 years ago. That said, I guess you can only beat the side that's put in front of you.

Skirt wearers will finish bottom of the group imo. Just not enough quality, and no striker worth the name.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:39 pm

Been excellent Wm.

Czech Rep were ok.Schick scored a fabulous goal,while the reliable Coufal was excellent.

It will be different Friday though.. Biggest game in the world for the Scots.We must match their attitude.otherwise we could be in for a rude awakening. If we do that,well win by 3 or more.
Can't understand all the hype about England tbh. I thought they were all right and deserved to win. But the media hype is starting to get ramped up on the basis of one win against a pretty average side. Croatia aren't the side they were 3 years ago. That said, I guess you can only beat the side that's put in front of you.

Skirt wearers will finish bottom of the group imo. Just not enough quality, and no striker worth the name.
That’s the media for ya. They always hype us up
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

DanishHammer wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:54 pm

Worst game of the tournament

They do have at least one. Gerard Moreno. Just reading the Spanish press coverage of the game and they find it inexplicable that Moreno didn't start. They have an excellent midfield but their qualifying games were all too often decided by a single goal in games they totally dominated like tonight.

But they could easily have lost. And why, FFS, did the Swedish coach take of Izak who looked to be absolute quality, despite feeding off scraps, and the only player they have, apart from their keeper, who looked truly international class.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:54 pm

They do have at least one. Gerard Moreno. Just reading the Spanish press coverage of the game and they find it inexplicable that Moreno didn't start. They have an excellent midfield but their qualifying games were all too often decided by a single goal in games they totally dominated like tonight.

But they could easily have lost. And why, FFS, did the Swedish coach take of Izak who looked to be absolute quality, despite feeding off scraps, and the only player they have, apart from their keeper, who looked truly international class.
Isak was causing Spain problems even when usually surrounded by 3-4 Spanish players, he also pays in the Spanish league so probably the player most used to playing against that mind of defenders.. should have stayed on for 90 mins unless he was completely knackered, he was obviously prematurely subbed. 21 years old and scored 17 goals in la liga last season.. and you still dont know if the coach is gonna start him..

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:39 pm

Been excellent Wm.

Can't understand the hype? You're getting senile as you get older. Hype starts as soon as we get knocked out of the previous tournament :D England team song should be Bubbles. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............