The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Post by mkhammer »

Castiron wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:28 am
Gandalf wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:20 am What are the views of people on here about the Marcus Danielson red card in the Sweden-Ukraine match?
Not sure what he could have done to avoid a follow through. It was a bit like Balbuenas one for us.
He won the ball, where was he supposed to put his foot? He's trying to clear the ball up field
Yeah I thought exactly the same.....Thought when Ref reviewed it would maybe be a booking for reckless not
excessive force..but no way deserved to walk for it.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Southgates set up was bang on..but much as like Saka, Foden for me all day long..
Germanys big stength/threat is the MF and Wingbacks,we totally nullified it,Dec and Phillips were immense in that.

Spect he'll switch back to a 4 against Ukraine to work Mount back in...more of a 4-3-3 thing.

Not much of game compared to others,but who gives a fuck..all about winning at moment,not pretty football,you start
winning confidently the pretty football comes.

Great result tho.. chuffed....great seeing crowds back having a crack people partying again,fuck knows we need cheering
up.

Still gonna take some winning,but we keep it tight defensively,keep clean sheeting.....you never know.. :D

h69

Post by h69 »

Gandalf wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:20 am What are the views of people on here about the Marcus Danielson red card in the Sweden-Ukraine match?
Thought it was an atrocious tackle. Way out of control (which is now a reason for a red) and deserved a red. Lucky he didnt break the guys leg and when you look at the slow-motion, it was close to a leg break as the leg bent the wrong way.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Towie wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:46 pm England finally beat Germans, thought Rice was immense.

Though I’m sure you know who will disagree. :roll:
Still think the tactics and selection are holding back Declans natural game and we still haven't seen the best from this England team ( doubt we ever will though ) , but will say in this match he was a lot better than his previous performances , which could be down to coming to terms what the manager wants from him and what he can do in that role .
But feel in all honesty we have been very lucky so far with the teams we have come up against , if luck has anything to do with it , their is no denying Germany in my eyes had the better chances yesterday , just didn't put them away , but overall they were shite .
Rice put everything on the line yesterday you could see he wanted it , final whistle he was knackered ! .
Last edited by Clayton on Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:41 am Southgates set up was bang on..but much as like Saka, Foden for me all day long..
Germanys big stength/threat is the MF and Wingbacks,we totally nullified it,Dec and Phillips were immense in that.

Spect he'll switch back to a 4 against Ukraine to work Mount back in...more of a 4-3-3 thing.

Not much of game compared to others,but who gives a fuck..all about winning at moment,not pretty football,you start

Great result tho.. chuffed....great seeing crowds back having a crack people partying again,fuck knows we need cheering
up.

Still gonna take some winning,but we keep it tight defensively,keep clean sheeting.....you never know.. :D
I imagine he will go with the form players. Be hard not to, so would not be surprised to see him field the same team with maybe Grealish starting. Three assists should have elevated him into contention. However he might like to keep Jack on the bench and give Mount a recall.

Of course, looking at the opposition - which is the bleeding point - another manager would get the attacking players on the pitch and win the game in a first half 45 min blitz.

However,we don't have another manager,we have this one. So the game in Rome against Ukraine might not be the easy 0-4 win that most people are suggesting it will be. I suppose a dull 1-0 win is all that's needed. I'm going to forget sexy football until it parades itself like a drunken whore, flashing a glmpse of pussy between those adorable thighs...

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:09 am
mkhammer wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:41 am Southgates set up was bang on..but much as like Saka, Foden for me all day long..

up.

I imagine he will go with the form players. Be hard not to, so would not be surprised to see him field the same team with maybe Grealish starting. Three assists should have elevated him into contention. However he might like to keep Jack on the bench and give Mount a recall.

Of course, looking at the opposition - which is the bleeding point - another manager would get the attacking players on the pitch and win the game in a first half 45 min blitz.

However,we don't have another manager,we have this one. So the game in Rome against Ukraine might not be the easy 0-4 win that most people are suggesting it will be. I suppose a dull 1-0 win is all that's needed. I'm going to forget sexy football until it parades itself like a drunken whore, flashing a glmpse of pussy between those adorable thighs...
Would imagine just be Trippier giving way ...or maybe him going left side and Shaw missing out in a flat 4 ,
and mount comes in...
Having Dec and Phillips playing so well together,the one stays one goes thing etc.. lets you change set ups pretty easy.
Dec was forward a lot more yesterday.they are knitting together really well.....Big fan of Henderson,but can't see a start
for him,says a lot.
Only Possibilty is will he rest some...still potentially 2 more games after this one,and you should really use your squad...
we'll see he's been right so far...

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

h69 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:07 am
Thought it was an atrocious tackle. Way out of control (which is now a reason for a red) and deserved a red. Lucky he didnt break the guys leg and when you look at the slow-motion, it was close to a leg break as the leg bent the wrong way.
😂 The ball was coming down out of the air, he has cleanly taken the ball by about a foot, his foot is already in the air. If anyone is to blame it is the Ukraine player
He's not watching the ball, he bottles the tackle and is cautious. It is a contact sport played at pace, not in slow motion ffs.
If he doesn't clear the ball, which is his job by the way, the Ukraine player wins the ball.
What should he do, just let the ball run by him.
Yes it looked terrible the way the guys leg bent but that was his fault for shitting out of the tackle.
Last edited by Castiron on Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:09 am

up.

BD , form players so surely Southgate should have selected the likes of Foden , Grealish , Sancho and Mount from the off along with Chilwell and Trippier .

I for one put our success so far down to poor opposition and Pickford playing the best he ever has , Germany had their chances yesterday , as did the Czechs and Scotland , a dam site more than us yet couldn't capitalise on them . The only team we have played with the same amount of chances was a very poor Croatia team , who went out to a Spanish team 3-5 who are nowhere as good as previous Spanish teams .
Up next Ukraine , how did they qualify ? , we all know Yarmolenko , but they are no great shakes as a team and we shouldn't have any problem getting past them but the way we are playing that is no certainty , if fit though Yarmolenko only needs a chance and as we know if he gets it he will take it .
Last edited by Clayton on Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

h69

Post by h69 »

Castiron wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:23 am
h69 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:07 am

😂 The ball was coming down out of the air, he has cleanly taken the ball by about a foot, his foot is already in the air. If anyone is to blame it is the Ukraine player
He's not watching the ball, he bottles the tackle and is cautious. It is a contact sport played at pace, not in slow motion ffs.
If he doesn't clear the ball, which is his job by the way, the Ukraine player wins the ball.
What should he do, just let the ball run by him.
Yes it looked terrible the way the guys leg bent but that was his fault for shitting out of the tackle.
None of that matters though. The rule does not take into account his job or what he should do. You don't like the rule fair enough.

The tackle was out of control......simple as that and that makes it a red card under the rules.

It does not matter If you win the ball, if you mean it or why it happened. His foot was high and he was not able to lower his foot in time which means he could not control it.

That is the rule unfortunately.