The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:26 am
JayK wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:31 am Sounds like both Henderson AND Maguire gonna feature tonight and I’m convinced Southgate gonna go for the draw
It’s as though Southgate has been given a remit to get as many people watching the other game as possible.
Not a difficult task as at least the other game has something riding on the result. It's a sort of winner takes all because the winner will have 4 points and be guaranteed qualification for the knockout stages. Could even go through in second place if either England or the Czechs win by a big margin and turn the goal difference upside down.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:33 am IF both Mount and Chilwell are coronavirused out of the tournament do the rules allow the Holy waistcoat to get a couple more right-backs in as replacements ?
I'm not believing this story about PHE advising that Mounty and Chills must self isolate, because they had a chat in the tunnel after the game.
Something is decidedly fishy - did they all break curfew and nip to a speak-easy after the game, tie a few on and then end up in bed with a few lovely hostess types and then back late for breakfast.

I can see why that would annoy Alan in accounts...

And we are led to believe no Scotland players need to self isolate or even Steve Clarke, who was seen pitchside, hugging Billy Gilmour when he left the pitch...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:59 am
palerider wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:33 am IF both Mount and Chilwell are coronavirused out of the tournament do the rules allow the Holy waistcoat to get a couple more right-backs in as replacements ?
I'm not believing this story about PHE advising that Mounty and Chills must self isolate, because they had a chat in the tunnel after the game.
Something is decidedly fishy - did they all break curfew and nip to a speak-easy after the game, tie a few on and then end up in bed with a few lovely hostess types and then back late for breakfast.

And we are led to believe no Scotland players need to self isolate or even Steve Clarke, who was seen pitchside, hugging Billy Gilmour when he left the pitch...
Since the discovery of Covid and the emergence of the likes of Whitty and his scientific models when has logic ever been applied ? So why should we expect logic to be applied simply because a football tournament is taking place ?

Now go and secrete yourself in a dark corner and do something constructive my good man. Then come back and tell us all how many people in Darwen, Lancashire, sneezed more than three times yesterday. That way you will be able to convince many people you are doing something positive to ensure the survival of the human race.

Or at least the part of it that is of Asian descent and over 75 years old. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:06 am

Since the discovery of Covid and the emergence of the likes of Whitty and his scientific models when has logic ever been applied ? So why should we expect logic to be applied simply because a football tournament is taking place ?

Now go and secrete yourself in a dark corner and do something constructive my good man. Then come back and tell us all how many people in Darwen, Lancashire, sneezed more than three times yesterday. That way you will be able to convince many people you are doing something positive to ensure the survival of the human race.

Is sneezing a symptom then ?

I NEVER knew that 👍🏻😊
Bring back Jonathon !

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:55 am
It’s as though Southgate has been given a remit to get as many people watching the other game as possible.
Not a difficult task as at least the other game has something riding on the result. It's a sort of winner takes all because the winner will have 4 points and be guaranteed qualification for the knockout stages. Could even go through in second place if either England or the Czechs win by a big margin and turn the goal difference upside down.
Yep, that’s the game I’ll be watching.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:20 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:06 am

Is sneezing a symptom then ?

I NEVER knew that 👍🏻😊
According to PHE you can have the wrong type of sneeze, whereas PHS take a more balanced approach, along the lines of, are you actually positive...

It's all science to Alan from accounts, who just wants to please everybody and in any case is still counting his fullbacks...or lack of

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

You are right BD..It puzzles me on why the Scotland squad DON'T have to isolate,but 2 of the England members do?

Surely BOTH teams would have taken Covid Tests after the game,has it was part of the protocol?

JayK

Post by JayK »

JayK wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:31 am Sounds like both Henderson AND Maguire gonna feature tonight and I’m convinced Southgate gonna go for the draw
Tempted Tone. But I wanna see Coufal and Soucek
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:41 am

You are right BD..It puzzles me on why the Scotland squad DON'T have to isolate,but 2 of the England members do?

Surely BOTH teams would have taken Covid Tests after the game,has it was part of the protocol?
It’s advisory apparently chaps and Southgate taking the defensive approach here of course.
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:41 am

Until Mount and Chillwell test positive, I'm going with the theory that both have been excluded for other reasons and the Billy Gilmour connection is
just a tactical useful excuse.