Christian Eriksen

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Christian Eriksen

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:44 pm
DanishHammer wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:39 pm

He has not been vaccinated yet, and the reason for his collapse is not yet known.

Please stay calm all.
Good advice. There was a cardiologist interviewed on the radio this morning who was saying that Eriksen is going to be facing days of tests which, hopefully, will determine what caused his collapse. And by all accounts he could be playing football again. Apparently Daley Blind who is still playing regularly for Ajax and the Netherlands has some sort of de fibrillator fitted that can detect if his heart stops and sort of jolts it back to life.

And we've just been forced to put up with 4 more weeks of lockdown because some Patel or Mohammad has just sneezed in fucking Lancashire. ;)
My father in law has a de-fib fitted so I know that but could be true. It sends signals to a machine plugged in at home which then sends info wirelessly to the hospital. Clever shit
COYI!!!

h69

Re: Christian Eriksen

Post by h69 »

Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:28 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:29 am

Footballers are just human beings and push their bodies to the limit so if there is a weakness then it will likely be exposed.

I heard tonight that Daley Blind had a similar issue a few years ago and had a mini defibrillator device attached to his heart then. Also collapsed again in preseason this year but has since played 42 games. He has had myocarditis issues all his life apparently but did not know until he collapsed.

Some are lucky like Eriksen and Muamba and some are not like Foe and a few others.

Personally I sympathise. 13 years ago, I had a stroke and lost some of my peripheral vision. I was lucky to survive with minimal after-effects. After dozens of tests, It was found to be caused by a hole in my heart (a similar condition to what Asa Hartford and Kanu had).

So there are many people born with slight defects in their heart (1 in 7 apparently) but it is more likely to instiate itself in a sportsman pushing their body to the limits. This has been the case for years even before all this conspiracy nonsense.
Yep that's it, professional footballer worth millions to his club, cared for by a vast medical team, has a hole in his heart that was missed goodpost:)
Just like Kanu was and Asa Hartford were and many like them . Footballers are not screened for it the same way my kids won't be either.

And for your information, everyone has the hole in their heart when they are born (it is how the blood flows from the parent when the baby is in the womb) but in 1 in 7 people, it does not close up after birth. It is quite common but many suffer no effects so it is not part of any heart screening.

Sorry to disappoint with some facts.

This plus the fact that the fella has not had a jab.
Last edited by h69 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.