Roman

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Roman

Post by garnett »

Bet your bollocks Mount is in his ear,worst thing that could have happened was those cunts win the champs league, but the German has not commented about him publicly to my knowledge.
Regardless of that I'm resigned to him leaving this window to whoever.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Why would Chelsea be interested in Rice,when they got the best defensive midfielder in the world already there?

The fact that Lampard didn't fancy Kante,is basically what cost him his job.

If Rice went,it will be City,but personally think he will stay another season at our place.

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

200 million AGAIN like last summer :shock:

Why can´t our owners own some oil veins too??? :x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:35 pm Why would Chelsea be interested in Rice,when they got the best defensive midfielder in the world already there?

If Rice went,it will be City,but personally think he will stay another season at our place.
Because the top teams don’t stand still. And Rice, at last imo, is better than Kovacic and Jorginho and would improve their squad. Which they need to do if they want to challenge for the title next season.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:06 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:35 pm Why would Chelsea be interested in Rice,when they got the best defensive midfielder in the world already there?

Because the top teams don’t stand still. And Rice, at last imo, is better than Kovacic and Jorginho and would improve their squad. Which they need to do if they want to challenge for the title next season.
He will be playing 2nd fiddle to Kante then.

Or are you suggesting Rice replaces probably the best holding midfielder in World Football?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:15 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:06 pm

Or are you suggesting Rice replaces probably the best holding midfielder in World Football?
Of course not. I'm saying that if he joined Chelsea he would be partnering Kante in their midfield and Kovacic and Jorginho would be seeking employment elsewhere.

Kovacic and Jorginho are very good players. Rice, at least imo, is a better one. Can't you see where this is going FFS. It's what top clubs do to ensure they stay top clubs.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:44 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:15 pm

Of course not. I'm saying that if he joined Chelsea he would be partnering Kante in their midfield and Kovacic and Jorginho would be seeking employment elsewhere.

Kovacic and Jorginho are very good players. Rice, at least imo, is a better one. Can't you see where this is going FFS. It's what top clubs do to ensure they stay top clubs.
Exactly.

You really don't have to have a crystal ball. Alex Kral is a holding midfielder. He may team up very well with Soucek but the dwarf doesn't do back ups. If Kral signs, Rice is off. At least we'll have got the replacement in first which is unusual for Statler and Waldorf.

Personally I'd like to have seen him join City. They need him. But Pep would prefer another tippy tappy winger I'm sure. And in any case, Declan wants to stay in London. I was hoping Tuchel didn't rate him but he does.

The club needs to hold out for top dollar though, not cave in when the bidding reaches 70 million and reports of Giroud being part of any deal are very worrying.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Strange we all bang on about cover in that defensive MF...we try and get someone in and that's wrong and means Dec is Offski,
they'll both be hear next year...
To improve and stay a Top 6 Club we need guys that should be starting, on the bench,not just players that can do a job maybe
if needed...

Perfect world...New Left Back,Cress is Benched....New CB alongside Oggy others are benched.....New Striker,Mickey is Benched..
New Goalie...Fab is benched...no room for sentiment,you wanna be successful.

We're gonna be playing a lot more games next season...we need a squad of PL ready Players.

h69

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:10 am Strange we all bang on about cover in that defensive MF...we try and get someone in and that's wrong and means Dec is Offski,
they'll both be hear next year...
To improve and stay a Top 6 Club we need guys that should be starting, on the bench,not just players that can do a job maybe
if needed...

Perfect world...New Left Back,Cress is Benched....New CB alongside Oggy others are benched.....New Striker,Mickey is Benched..
New Goalie...Fab is benched...no room for sentiment,you wanna be successful.

We're gonna be playing a lot more games next season...we need a squad of PL ready Players.
Thought that myself. This thread is comedy gold. We have two holding midfielders and we have European football next season. We try and get a third one and the club get crucified. We didn't a year ago when we didn't have European football and the club get crucified.

I think Rice will be here next season myself. Chelsea need a striker for a start plus a fullback and a CB but they may of course bid for him, they may not but if they do that is a lot of money out of their budget gone.

We need a third Holding MF, we need another CB, we need a second LB and we need a striker and that means we will have a couple of players in every position.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

palerider wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:06 am Has given Tommy 200 million to play with.

I can see where this is going with Alex Kral close to signing.
Wasn’t there a big row at Chelsea between fat Frank and the top brass because he wanted to sign Dec but they were strongly against spending so much money on a player they let go as a youngster?

Interesting to see if Tuchel holds more sway than Lampard.
Already a Champions League winner for them..... you’d fancy he will.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"