Roman

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Roman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:43 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:35 am
Haaland or Kane. ? No brainer for me. Kane has a long standing ankle issue, is 8 years older, will not have a sell on value once a 4 or 5 year contract runs out (if his ankle survives that long). Imo If Chelsea get Haaland and City get Kane the title is London bound.
I would suggest following this scenario, Man City with De Bruyne,Foden,Kane, would be too strong...and they could add Grealish to their mix, just to make it a level contest...

I imagine Haaland would aquire the nickname 'norweigan wood'
Not a comparison with the Burnley striker I trust. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:42 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:43 am
I would suggest following this scenario, Man City with De Bruyne,Foden,Kane, would be too strong...and they could add Grealish to their mix, just to make it a level contest...

I imagine Haaland would aquire the nickname 'norweigan wood'
Not a comparison with the Burnley striker I trust. :lol:
I was on a completely different track - as can happen - but I like your allusion and I gave you an upvote to show I'm a friendly bastard...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

palerider wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:13 am 50/50 for me if Declan goes. As was already said, England players at the Euros will be in his shell-like telling him about the glorious benefits of having your bint threatened at knife point and drive-by shootings up norf. He of course knows Plastic country.

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. We're a good side without him but if he goes make sure the replacement's in first but if the stunted fucker's past dealings are anything to go by he'll have already played 5 games for his new club before the press conference on deadline day welcoming the return of Carlos Sanchez.
Funny you saying that,about knife crime.

Players are getting mugged for their watches, jewellery etc in London ALL the time.
It`s just very rare that it`s mentioned in the media.

Towie

Post by Towie »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:58 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:13 am 50/50 for me if Declan goes. As was already said, England players at the Euros will be in his shell-like telling him about the glorious benefits of having your bint threatened at knife point and drive-by shootings up norf. He of course knows Plastic country.

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. We're a good side without him but if he goes make sure the replacement's in first but if the stunted fucker's past dealings are anything to go by he'll have already played 5 games for his new club before the press conference on deadline day welcoming the return of Carlos Sanchez.

Players are getting mugged for their watches, jewellery etc in London ALL the time.
Sorry, but if it rarely mentioned in media, how do you know it is happening all the time?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:36 pm

Sorry, but if it rarely mentioned in media, how do you know it is happening all the time?
Wouldn't you like to know ;)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

You've obviously never seen Terry's extensive collection of Patek Philippe timepieces my good man. As for jewellery I have it on very good authority his missus always looks like a Piaget catalogue when he takes her down to his local for a bite to eat. To some people fencing is an olympic sport. But to our Terry I am told it is a very lucrative form of income. And well hidden from the taxman's prying eyes.

There are people of very dubious pedigree in deepest darkest Clophill mate. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

I haven't worn a watch, expensive or otherwise, for 20 years other than on a Mediterranean cruise during which I did sport a pricey gold one as I was hoping to impress some passing rich widow for a bit of back-scuttling and a bank transfer of ten grand.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:30 am I haven't worn a watch, expensive or otherwise, for 20 years other than on a Mediterranean cruise during which I did sport a pricey gold one as I was hoping to impress some passing rich widow for a bit of back-scuttling and a bank transfer of ten grand.
Don’t tell me , you couldn’t sit down for a week but it was worth it ?
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:18 am
palerider wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:30 am I haven't worn a watch, expensive or otherwise, for 20 years other than on a Mediterranean cruise during which I did sport a pricey gold one as I was hoping to impress some passing rich widow for a bit of back-scuttling and a bank transfer of ten grand.
Don’t tell me , you couldn’t sit down for a week but it was worth it ?
And to pay 10K for the pleasure!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

:lol:
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:23 am

You've obviously never seen Terry's extensive collection of Patek Philippe timepieces my good man. As for jewellery I have it on very good authority his missus always looks like a Piaget catalogue when he takes her down to his local for a bite to eat. To some people fencing is an olympic sport. But to our Terry I am told it is a very lucrative form of income. And well hidden from the taxman's prying eyes.

There are people of very dubious pedigree in deepest darkest Clophill mate. ;)
:lol: :lol:

You know me so well Whiskyman...He knows me a bit more than others on here. ;)