Euro Squad decided

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Euro Squad decided

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:48 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:06 pm

Hope you’re right. Who would you pick to start the WC qualifiers? I personally have no idea tbh
Everybody imangined the choice to replace Trent wold be Ward-Prowse or Lingard. Gareth likes to be different as he believes it projects sophistication and intelligence. Fred West was different.

Having surprised everyone with his choice, including Ben White himself, it's difficult to see a scenario where Ben actually steps onto a pitch. I mean, how many injuries would it take...six ?

When your making choices like that, it's difficult to imagine what might follow. And what might follow, might be three at the back, a double pivot (two holding midfielders to the rest of us) and Jack Grealish on the bench.

You might think he doesn't know what he's doing, I'm worrtied that he does...
Fred west :lol:

Good point. He knows what he’s doing but he doesn’t realise it’s completely shit
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:34 pm

Hope you’re right. Who would you pick to start the WC qualifiers? I personally have no idea tbh

Manager... hmmmm... If I were an FA bod having to make up a candidate list it'd be:

Poch, Zidane, Antonio Conte, Stevie G and Brendan Rodgers.

Since I'm not an FA bod, they'll have to come up with their own list which will be:

Graham Potter, Phillip Neville, Aidy Boothroyd, Sean Dyche and Scott Parker with a reserve list of Eddie Howe, Chris Hughton and Chris Wilder.
Think you got a couple of pretty good lists there Billy. I still have no clue. Haven’t watched any European or international football for quite a while or taken much notice of other teams away from West Ham. Guess I’m in the West Ham fan box rather than football fan these days
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:00 pm
Everybody imangined the choice to replace Trent wold be Ward-Prowse or Lingard. Gareth likes to be different as he believes it projects sophistication and intelligence. Fred West was different.

Having surprised everyone with his choice, including Ben White himself, it's difficult to see a scenario where Ben actually steps onto a pitch. I mean, how many injuries would it take...six ?

When your making choices like that, it's difficult to imagine what might follow. And what might follow, might be three at the back, a double pivot (two holding midfielders to the rest of us) and Jack Grealish on the bench.

Good point. He knows what he’s doing but he doesn’t realise it’s completely shit
Fred's a good shout.

He'd know who to put in the hole.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:09 pm

Fred's a good shout.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Fred's a good shout.

Not only that my good man, but he's own brand of fertilizer would ensure our training pitches were in superb nick.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Southgate is quite negative,but many a team have won it with them exact tactics.

Not saying I like them tactics at all,but we seen some "boring" teams win the Euros.

Personally,I want to see the likes of Grealish playing from the start,but I fear we won't.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:00 pm
Fred's a good shout.

Not only that my good man, but he's own brand of fertilizer would ensure our training pitches were in superb nick.
I like the cut of his jib.

He's getting the team 'out there' to meet the public across the country to whip up support.

This Friday he's sending them to Bury.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:13 pm

Southgate is quite negative,but many a team have won it with them exact tactics.

Not saying I like them tactics at all,but we seen some "boring" teams win the Euros.

Personally,I want to see the likes of Grealish playing from the start,but I fear we won't.
Agree, if Grealish didn't go down like George Michael in park lav, then he'd be getting more comparisons to Gazza. I understand why Lingard was left out, competing with Grealish, Mount, Sterling, Sancho, Foden and Rashford is a tough ask and there are other areas that need cover. Namely striker, which is why I think taking White (what Rice or Henderson couldn't cover cb in a pinch?) over Watkins or even Ward-Prose as cover is a waste.
#fuckqatar2022

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Manager... hmmmm... If I were an FA bod having to make up a candidate list it'd be:

Since I'm not an FA bod, they'll have to come up with their own list which will be:

Graham Potter, Phillip Neville, Aidy Boothroyd, Sean Dyche and Scott Parker with a reserve list of Eddie Howe, Chris Hughton and Chris Wilder.
Sums it up really when your "A" list for the next national team manager contains 4 foreigners and only one Englishman. And his only qualification is having won a pub league title. Not saying your choice is wrong but don't you think it's a bit of an indictment of the lack of genuine English coaching talent ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:47 pm

Sums it up really when your "A" list for the next national team manager contains 4 foreigners and only one Englishman. And his only qualification is having won a pub league title. Not saying your choice is wrong but don't you think it's a bit of an indictment of the lack of genuine English coaching talent ?
Isn’t Brenda an Ulsterman ?
Bring back Jonathon !