Euro Squad decided

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Euro Squad decided

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:12 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:06 pm

Hope you’re right. Who would you pick to start the WC qualifiers? I personally have no idea tbh
I get the feeling the FA place more importance on woke shit than results meaning the holy waistcoat will remain.
Good point. And before that it was yes men and cleaner than clean, not about football. That’s why Brian Clough never got the job despite winning 2 European cups
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:04 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:12 pm

I get the feeling the FA place more importance on woke shit than results meaning the holy waistcoat will remain.
Good point. And before that it was yes men and cleaner than clean, not about football. That’s why Brian Clough never got the job despite winning 2 European cups
The best manager we never had Jay, by a country mile.
Fucking laughable how he never got it.
And now we have this lump of wood!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:33 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:04 pm

The best manager we never had Jay, by a country mile.
Fucking laughable how he never got it.
And now we have this lump of wood!
Yep. The F.A have been a bunch of snotty nosed cunts for as long as I can remember. Can’t see us winning anything for a long long time
COYI!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

only1salty wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:59 am At the risk of sounding like numbers - we will never go anywhere with this clueless idiot in charge.
Good shout Salty....now here's a good opportunity to name your preferred England manager......the likes of Pep, Goofy BFS...

Anyone can be picked ...who would you go for...my choice, maybe way off the mark would be...Marcelo Bielsa....He would make the English team more attractive to watch, with the players available to him the defensive frailties he suffers at Leeds could be overcome......like I said maybe well off the mark but anything is better than what we have now.... boring, unattractive drivel

palerider

Post by palerider »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:57 pm
only1salty wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:59 am At the risk of sounding like numbers - we will never go anywhere with this clueless idiot in charge.
Good shout Salty....now here's a good opportunity to name your preferred England manager......the likes of Pep, Goofy BFS...

Anyone can be picked ...who would you go for...my choice, maybe way off the mark would be...Marcelo Bielsa....He would make the English team more attractive to watch, with the players available to him the defensive frailties he suffers at Leeds could be overcome......like I said maybe well off the mark but anything is better than what we have now.... boring, unattractive drivel
Eddie Izzard for me.

Ticks all the boxes.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

palerider wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:13 pm

Eddie Izzard for me.

Ticks all the boxes.
:lol:

Now there's a thought.... :lol:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:55 am Ben White ffs. His average match rating of 6.6 has him at 209th out of 291 on WhoScored.com. Darnell Furlong literally out performed him this season. Talk about "picking players on form."

I think Gareth is in for a very nasty shock from the get go of this tournament. If we even manage to get out of our group one of probably Germany, France, Spain, Belgium, Portugal, Netherlands, Denmark or Ukraine is waiting for us in the first knockout stage, which will undoubtedly spell the end of England's euro exploits.

Gotta funny feeling it won't be Gareth who's leading the team out against Hungary in September for the WC qualifier.
Hope you’re right. Who would you pick to start the WC qualifiers? I personally have no idea tbh
Everybody imangined the choice to replace Trent wold be Ward-Prowse or Lingard. Gareth likes to be different as he believes it projects sophistication and intelligence. Fred West was different.

Having surprised everyone with his choice, including Ben White himself, it's difficult to see a scenario where Ben actually steps onto a pitch. I mean, how many injuries would it take...six ?

When your making choices like that, it's difficult to imagine what might follow. And what might follow, might be three at the back, a double pivot (two holding midfielders to the rest of us) and Jack Grealish on the bench.

You might think he doesn't know what he's doing, I'm worrtied that he does...

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:13 pm

Eddie Izzard for me.

Ticks all the boxes.
Quite so.

Nothing like a trans, gender fluid, non binary, heshe, woke, cuntox, calling the shots as we're getting murdered 6-0.
Play up now, male players, we'll nick a draw out of this!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

He seems to have sorted out a lot of those defensive frailties at Leeds judging by their form at the end of the season.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:55 am Ben White ffs. His average match rating of 6.6 has him at 209th out of 291 on WhoScored.com. Darnell Furlong literally out performed him this season. Talk about "picking players on form."

I think Gareth is in for a very nasty shock from the get go of this tournament. If we even manage to get out of our group one of probably Germany, France, Spain, Belgium, Portugal, Netherlands, Denmark or Ukraine is waiting for us in the first knockout stage, which will undoubtedly spell the end of England's euro exploits.

Gotta funny feeling it won't be Gareth who's leading the team out against Hungary in September for the WC qualifier.

Manager... hmmmm... If I were an FA bod having to make up a candidate list it'd be:

Poch, Zidane, Antonio Conte, Stevie G and Brendan Rodgers.

Since I'm not an FA bod, they'll have to come up with their own list which will be:

Graham Potter, Phillip Neville, Aidy Boothroyd, Sean Dyche and Scott Parker with a reserve list of Eddie Howe, Chris Hughton and Chris Wilder.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?