Utter garbage we'll no doubt be linked with

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Utter garbage we'll no doubt be linked with

Post by Whiskyman »

dorsetdano wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:05 pm The papers will have us linked with everyone. Moyes probably has already got his targets lined up and if they're as good value as Soucek, Soufal, Dawson and Lingard for the money they have cost us I'll be happy.

Remember to a man we all thought Dawson was absolute pony, and although he's not quite the Virgil Van Dawson that we were beginning to think he was, he has been a bargain!
Considering if press reports we were offering nearly £30 million for Tarkowski he certainly has been.

And having mentioned has been can I please offer a silent prayer to the gods of football that we do not make an approach for Phil Jones.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Not sure why we get worked up over the players we are linked with. They rarely come to fruition.

Moyes has done well with his recruitment - I’d sooner wait until a link has a bit more substance before passing judgement.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I must admit when I saw the name of Ryan Bertrand come up on the Sky rolling news ticker I thought there's one bound for the ILS.

Tbh he's about the best of the free transfers that would be available and at 31 isn't quite yet sitting with Gold at the nursing home in plastic pants. In fact City and the Arse are said to be interested.

As for the rest though, fucking hell. But Sullicunt will be sifting through the list thinking how much he'd save.

I'd take Pereira from the Baggies though in a heartbeat.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:09 am I must admit when I saw the name of Ryan Bertrand come up on the Sky rolling news ticker I thought there's one bound for the ILS.

Tbh he's about the best of the free transfers that would be available and at 31 isn't quite yet sitting with Gold at the nursing home in plastic pants. In fact City and the Arse are said to be interested.

As for the rest though, fucking hell. But Sullicunt will be sifting through the list thinking how much he'd save.

I'd take Pereira from the Baggies though in a heartbeat.
If Bertrand is on City's radar we can obviously forget about him but he would be a good addition to most squads. As would his team mate Oriel Romeu. Pereira might be worth an enquiry as I'm sure he won't fanct a season thrashing around in the Championship. And for the right price I'd take Johnstone off their hands as well. My preference for a back up to Fabianski would be Alvaro Fernandez of Huesca but apparently the dwarf couldn't hire a rowing boat to send his scouts out there.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

I would expect pereira to be same price as Benrahma or more so we won’t get him.
COYI!!!

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Mickey Batshit... obviously.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Cant afford lingard so Arnies coming back. Its written
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Mitrovic now. His goals ratio in the PL is crap but in the Championship is over 1 in 2 and he's decent at International level, albeit with most of his goals coming against minnows.

I can't make my mind up with this one since to be fair to the bloke most strikers would struggle to score goals in the crap Toon and Fulham sides he's been in but he may be more effective with better players around him. £15M or less and he may be worth a punt, any more than that and I'd give him a swerve tbh.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I would say no more than 10 mil.
Flairon

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Been linked with some cunt ,people saying he’s a “baller”
What the fuck is that for crying out loud ??