Utd

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Utd

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:30 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:16 am

Looking and sounding like Spurs fans ? That ship's over the horizon mate.

Middlesbrough had a novel approach some years back when there was (I think) a flu outbreak. They said they were unable to field a team and called the game off. Problem is the authorities disapproved and docked them points and they got relegated at the end of the season. And if memory serves when the game was played they lost it anyway. The points they were docked effectively relegated them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bryan Robson was their manager at the time. Never did like that sod.
We have three very winnable games left and here is why

West Ham 5th v

Southampton 14th
Brighton 17th
WBA 19th

We have something to play for, they have fuck all to play for except pride.
Drive and determination trumps pride and we have David Moyes - and winning is what he does

Can anyone make a case for less than 9 points ? exactly
Other than we are West Ham , and dreams usually fade and die, no I can't. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

only1salty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:40 am We should get our own house in order.

United are perfectly entitled to do whatever they want. They had a schedule that was fucking stupid. Yes it was caused by their fans and they will get a small fine once the clueless cunts at the FA take 4 months, tens of expensed meals and meetings and lots of jollies to decide on a £50,000 fine.

We failed to sign a defensive midfielder as cover for Rice or a Striker. We all knew since September the squad was as slim as a wafer thin mint. We lost twice against Steve Bruce and we didn't try and beat the so called big 5.

We will end up where we deserve to - same as everyone else.
what salty said. goodpost:)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:59 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:30 pm

I am just asking your opinion. I know you are very particular with your thoughts ;) .Come on,what do you think?
I don’t know what would have been done if your example had happened. And nor do you. Nor does anyone else. So what’s the point of speculating. ?
I'm asking your opinion,that's all?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Tbh,we weren't good enough to get Top 4.All the other teams were away ahead of us,even though we beat Leicester twice..They have reached 6 Cup Finals(City and Chelsea 2,Man U and Leicester one each)between them too.

We probably would have got humiliated with the owners not willing to back Moyes properly,even though we would have made a fortune and it would have put us on the map.
We all know we needed just a couple of signings in January to push us on,but the owners were not interested:,no matter what Moyes says..These Shysters are happy to.take 17th every year...Fuck all the Cup Competitions.Staying in the PL is all that matters to them.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:35 pm Tbh,we weren't good enough to get Top 4.All the other teams were away ahead of us,even though we beat Leicester twice..They have reached 6 Cup Finals(City and Chelsea 2,Man U and Leicester one each)between them too.

We probably would have got humiliated with the owners not willing to back Moyes properly,even though we would have made a fortune and it would have put us on the map.
We all know we needed just a couple of signings in January to push us on,but the owners were not interested:,no matter what Moyes says..These Shysters are happy to.take 17th every year...Fuck all the Cup Competitions.Staying in the PL is all that matters to them.
Tel your telling us nothing we don’t already know
Nothing will change while these two cunts are here
Another two years I believe.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

only1salty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:40 am We should get our own house in order.

We failed to sign a defensive midfielder as cover for Rice or a Striker. We all knew since September the squad was as slim as a wafer thin mint. We lost twice against Steve Bruce and we didn't try and beat the so called big 5.

Yes , exactly this .

I would however like to ask the questions ( not of yourself , but the forum in general) ...
WHY will we end up where we deserve to ?
WHY did we lose to Newcastle twice ? and
WHY didn’t we try to beat the so called big 5 ?

And the biggest question of all , will it change ?
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:42 pm

Yes , exactly this .

I would however like to ask the questions ( not of yourself , but the forum in general) ...

When we lost to Newcastle on the first day,we had just sold Diagana,so I think that upset the apple cart a bit.2nd time we did have a few injuries,but went 2 down and Dawson was sent off..We nearly turned it around,but the one man advantage did us in the end.

His tactics against some of the big 5 were a mystery,but more so against Brighton.

Man U got lucky against us at home,but Liverpool outplayed us.Chelsea had been playing awful,but managed to spank us 3-0..We did have some dreadful decisions go against us,playing them and Arsenal..It also seems the games we have been poor in,have had Noble playing in midfield.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:20 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:59 pm

I don’t know what would have been done if your example had happened. And nor do you. Nor does anyone else. So what’s the point of speculating. ?
I'm asking your opinion,that's all?
And I've given it. I honestly haven't got a clue. Because there is no precedent to people invading a stadium when there was a zero attendance figure. It's never happened before so there are no examples of previous action to make comparisons with.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Yes , exactly this .

Or perhaps we should be asking
WHY we have done so much better this season than last, with pretty much the same squad
WHY do we expect any club, never mind West Ham,to be splashing cash all over the place next window
But most of all
WHY DON'T WE GET A DECENT, INSPIRING FUCKING ANTHEM ;)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:53 pm
Yes , exactly this .

Or perhaps we should be asking
WHY we have done so much better this season than last, with pretty much the same squad
WHY do we expect any club, never mind West Ham,to be splashing cash all over the place next window
But most of all
WHY DON'T WE GET A DECENT, INSPIRING FUCKING ANTHEM ;)
Nah I’m quite happy with the questions I asked thanks ;)
Bring back Jonathon !