Utd

Chat about anything football related here!
tassiehammer

Re: Utd

Post by tassiehammer »

So the big six looking out for each other.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:24 pm We owe that self righteous club and their F.in HORRIBLE fans one that's for sure....
Not even caring that they lose to the Red Scouse, shows how passionate they are about the game,

Hope Villarreal pull them apart...
Don't get all the angst tbh. Man United had sweet F A to play for last night and Liverpool had something to aim for. Under those circumstances it's not surprising Liverpool won. We're in the same situation for our next 3 as Liverpool were last night. Opponents with nothing to play for. Up to us to take advantage of that situation and do a professional job.

I never thought we were good enough for the CL if I'm perfectly honest, but I do think we're good enough to at least compete properly in the Europa. And if we do OUR job properly and pick up maximum points from our 3 remaining games that's where we shall be. If we don't win those games we're relying on other results. But if we bomb out there'll be no point blaming everybody else will there. ? If we do miss out it will be down to us, no one else. The squad size, team selection and tactics, individual errors and the 101 things that lumped together make up a season will all have played their part.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:46 am
mkhammer wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:24 pm We owe that self righteous club and their F.in HORRIBLE fans one that's for sure....
Not even caring that they lose to the Red Scouse, shows how passionate they are about the game,

Hope Villarreal pull them apart...
Don't get all the angst tbh. Man United had sweet F A to play for last night and Liverpool had something to aim for. Under those circumstances it's not surprising Liverpool won. We're in the same situation for our next 3 as Liverpool were last night. Opponents with nothing to play for. Up to us to take advantage of that situation and do a professional job.

I never thought we were good enough for the CL if I'm perfectly honest, but I do think we're good enough to at least compete properly in the Europa. And if we do OUR job properly and pick up maximum points from our 3 remaining games that's where we shall be. If we don't win those games we're relying on other results. But if we bomb out there'll be no point blaming everybody else will there. ? If we do miss out it will be down to us, no one else. The squad size, team selection and tactics, individual errors and the 101 things that lumped together make up a season will all have played their part.
That's all very well mate, but I'm not sure you would have caught a Fergie team rolling over against the old enemy, no matter the circumstances.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Castiron wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:36 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:46 am

That's all very well mate, but I'm not sure you would have caught a Fergie team rolling over against the old enemy, no matter the circumstances.
And would we be happy if West Ham loosened the reins if we were already guaranteed CL etc? No we wouldn’t. We’d want our team to give its all in every single game. That’s the point of competition, to be 100% competitive.
COYI!!!

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

United were shit. The keeper spills shots a him repeatedly and the defence look like rabbits in headlights every time someone attacks.

How anyone can even compare Fred to Rice is laughable.

Worst team to finish second ever. Man Utd have no pattern of play. It is literally 11 £50million plus signings kicking a ball around a pitch

We have only ourselves to blame if we dont win 3 out of 3 and clinch a Europa League spot.

Squeaky bum time at Leicester. Hope they do it and keep the victims out but looking unlikely as it will be either them or Chelsea and Chelsea look strong.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:41 am
And would we be happy if West Ham loosened the reins if we were already guaranteed CL etc? No we wouldn’t. We’d want our team to give its all in every single game. That’s the point of competition, to be 100% competitive.
Well I was absolutely livid that we didn’t relegate Villa at the end of last season .
And I’m also livid at the way that circumstances seem to have fell the way of LiVARpool (and Chelsea to a lesser extent) again , as they always seem to.

I’m livid at Moyes for his cowardly team tactics against the BIG 5 and for his approach to the Brighton game.

My utter contempt for the constant lack of ambition shown by the club is unwavering.

But . On this occasion Whiskyman is pretty much correct on this .

It’s our own fault . I don’t expect us to see out these 3 remaining games successfully, this is West Ham ffs , but then I never thought we would .
Nigh on 50 years of West Ham is responsible for that .

It’s just a bit galling the way circumstances this week have helped our season finish with a bit of a whimper .

And since it’s Brighton at the weekend I expect the white flag to be raised shortly afterwards.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

only1salty wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:14 am United were shit. The keeper spills shots a him repeatedly and the defence look like rabbits in headlights every time someone attacks.

How anyone can even compare Fred to Rice is laughable.

Worst team to finish second ever. Man Utd have no pattern of play. It is literally 11 £50million plus signings kicking a ball around a pitch

We have only ourselves to blame if we dont win 3 out of 3 and clinch a Europa League spot.

Squeaky bum time at Leicester. Hope they do it and keep the victims out but looking unlikely as it will be either them or Chelsea and Chelsea look strong.
Chelsea v Leicester , Tuesday I think, could be very interesting.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Newmarket wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 am

It’s our own fault . I don’t expect us to see out these 3 remaining games successfully, this is West Ham ffs , but then I never thought we would .

It’s just a bit galling the way circumstances this week have helped our season finish with a bit of a whimper .

And since it’s Brighton at the weekend I expect the white flag to be raised shortly afterwards.
Last time we were in this position. 2015-16. Last season at Upton Park

We finished 4 points off the champions league spot and LOST 2 of our last 3 matches. Against Swansea and fucking Stoke.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 am

Well I was absolutely livid that we didn’t relegate Villa at the end of last season .
And I’m also livid at the way that circumstances seem to have fell the way of LiVARpool (and Chelsea to a lesser extent) again , as they always seem to.

I’m livid at Moyes for his cowardly team tactics against the BIG 5 and for his approach to the Brighton game.

My utter contempt for the constant lack of ambition shown by the club is unwavering.

But . On this occasion Whiskyman is pretty much correct on this .

On this occasion !!!

I do hope you're not suggesting I am sometimes----WRONG. :o

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

It's psychological though isn't it.? As Newmarket says we loosened the reins as you put it against Villa last game of the season. One team needed the points, one didn't. We probably didn't consciously slip into a lower gear but without the buzz that pressure to get a result gives it must be difficult to focus as well as you normally would. Gary Neville made a good point last night. He said that even if one team is just 5% off because there is nothing at stake for them it can make all the difference.

At the end of the day no amount of knicker wetting, teeth grinding and cat kicking will alter the fact that teams finish the season in the position they deserve to.