Utd

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Utd

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:53 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:42 pm
Yes , exactly this .

I would however like to ask the questions ( not of yourself , but the forum in general) ...
WHY will we end up where we deserve to ?
WHY did we lose to Newcastle twice ? and
WHY didn’t we try to beat the so called big 5 ?

And the biggest question of all , will it change ?
Or perhaps we should be asking
WHY we have done so much better this season than last, with pretty much the same squad
WHY do we expect any club, never mind West Ham,to be splashing cash all over the place next window
But most of all
WHY DON'T WE GET A DECENT, INSPIRING FUCKING ANTHEM ;)
Tbf Whiskyman,we did start to improve when Soucek and Bowen came in.That was the start of the rebuild.

Before that,we only had half the team that were prepared to run through brick walls.When you got 2 or 3 in the team not pulling their weight,you soon see the difference in the PL.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:37 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:42 pm
Yes , exactly this .

I would however like to ask the questions ( not of yourself , but the forum in general) ...
WHY will we end up where we deserve to ?
WHY did we lose to Newcastle twice ? and
WHY didn’t we try to beat the so called big 5 ?

And the biggest question of all , will it change ?
When we lost to Newcastle on the first day,we had just sold Diagana,so I think that upset the apple cart a bit.2nd time we did have a few injuries,but went 2 down and Dawson was sent off..We nearly turned it around,but the one man advantage did us in the end.

His tactics against some of the big 5 were a mystery,but more so against Brighton.

Man U got lucky against us at home,but Liverpool outplayed us.Chelsea had been playing awful,but managed to spank us 3-0..We did have some dreadful decisions go against us,playing them and Arsenal..It also seems the games we have been poor in,have had Noble playing in midfield.
I thought the biggest reason we looked flat against Newcastle opening day, was that Rice & Soucek had just come back from 3 game intl break and both played most of it. They didn't have the legs the Newc. mids did in that game.
#fuckqatar2022

palerider

Post by palerider »

Hammertime wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:41 am
terrya1965 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:37 pm

When we lost to Newcastle on the first day,we had just sold Diagana,so I think that upset the apple cart a bit.2nd time we did have a few injuries,but went 2 down and Dawson was sent off..We nearly turned it around,but the one man advantage did us in the end.

His tactics against some of the big 5 were a mystery,but more so against Brighton.

Man U got lucky against us at home,but Liverpool outplayed us.Chelsea had been playing awful,but managed to spank us 3-0..We did have some dreadful decisions go against us,playing them and Arsenal..It also seems the games we have been poor in,have had Noble playing in midfield.
I thought the biggest reason we looked flat against Newcastle opening day, was that Rice & Soucek had just come back from 3 game intl break and both played most of it. They didn't have the legs the Newc. mids did in that game.
Agreed.

And in the return, our defence and goalie looked like they were auditioning for the Moscow State Circus.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:35 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:53 pm

Or perhaps we should be asking
WHY we have done so much better this season than last, with pretty much the same squad
WHY do we expect any club, never mind West Ham,to be splashing cash all over the place next window
But most of all
WHY DON'T WE GET A DECENT, INSPIRING FUCKING ANTHEM ;)
Tbf Whiskyman,we did start to improve when Soucek and Bowen came in.That was the start of the rebuild.

Before that,we only had half the team that were prepared to run through brick walls.When you got 2 or 3 in the team not pulling their weight,you soon see the difference in the PL.
It is purely and simply having a plan, a way of playing, an identity and a massively improved work ethic. Then you buy players who may not cost a lot but fit into the system and ideals and are prepared to work hard in that way and gradually introduce them one at a time. This also improves fitness.

In the past we bought big price players under Pellegrini and too many of them and we, as fans must take some blame as we always press for big name foreign signings......once they got here we tried to create a system around them but they did not gel. It was arse about face.

Last season our running stats were 19th in the league and this season we are 3rd (we were second at one point to city).

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:13 am
terrya1965 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:35 pm

It is purely and simply having a plan, a way of playing, an identity and a massively improved work ethic. Then you buy players who may not cost a lot but fit into the system and ideals and are prepared to work hard in that way and gradually introduce them one at a time. This also improves fitness.

In the past we bought big price players under Pellegrini and too many of them and we, as fans must take some blame as we always press for big name foreign signings......once they got here we tried to create a system around them but they did not gel. It was arse about face.

Last season our running stats were 19th in the league and this season we are 3rd (we were second at one point to city).
David Moyes and his coaching staff can take great credit in this regard and in this area has provided very good value.

Where he and his staff need to improve is the use and choice of substitutions. And the way the team engages with who are considered the big-six.
The phrase that the pundits reach for is, in-game management and like grandma's nightie - it covers everything

When media people say, David Moyes should be a candidate for manager of the season, what they are really saying is - I don't know this subject so I am just going to say something random and silly.

What they should do of course, is praise him for the things he has done well and then shut-up and stop being a silly arse...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:01 pm
h69 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:13 am

David Moyes and his coaching staff can take great credit in this regard and in this area has provided very good value.

Where he and his staff need to improve is the use and choice of substitutions. And the way the team engages with who are considered the big-six.
The phrase that the pundits reach for is, in-game management and like grandma's nightie - it covers everything

When media people say, David Moyes should be a candidate for manager of the season, what they are really saying is - I don't know this subject so I am just going to say something random and silly.

What they should do of course, is praise him for the things he has done well and then shut-up and stop being a silly arse...
Never a word about the things he hasn’t done well though
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:37 pm

I was just trying to explain why I think we are better this year as opposed to last.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

If Moyes had got right what he has supposed to have done wrong we'd be 3 points in front of City now.....
And there would still be some us going..should have got to the cup final...Bloody Useless.... :lol:

If not for losing Oggy Dec and Micky.....Backbone as they say,where would we be with the Squad he put together...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:37 pm

FFS, no one's perfect. I'm sure Guardiola has made decisions this season he regrets with hindsight. No manager is ever going to get everything right. Even Ferguson screwed up on occasions. It's like thos bloody irritating customer survey things when you have to rate the service received from 1 to 10. Imo anybody who gives a 10 is a cunt. No one can ever achieve perfection.

Not even you or I Mr N ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Early goal vs the Victims I hear
Bring back Jonathon !