Utd

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Utd

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:51 pm
Castiron wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:00 pm
Who the fuck do you punish then?.
The obvious ones are those who broke the law and invaded the stadium getting the game postponed. But that’s the job of the OB and the CPS , not the football authorities.
Being honest Whiskyman,do you think if this would have happened at the London Stadium,we'd have been treated the same?Or if Millwall had been demonstrating against their owners?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:22 pm
Towie wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:55 pm

West Ham were fined 100k for the action of the fans against Burnley.

Mancs should be fined more as their fans caused a match postponement, or are you suggesting it one rule for us and another for them?
No but I think someone made a good point on another thread. The problems at the Burnley match were caused by paying customers. That seems to be the difference.
Well,these bastards didn't even pay to get in. :lol: :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:22 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:51 pm

The obvious ones are those who broke the law and invaded the stadium getting the game postponed. But that’s the job of the OB and the CPS , not the football authorities.
Being honest Whiskyman,do you think if this would have happened at the London Stadium,we'd have been treated the same?Or if Millwall had been demonstrating against their owners?
But it didn’t. And I don’t do conspiracy theories. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:25 pm

I am just asking your opinion. I know you are very particular with your thoughts ;) .Come on,what do you think?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

This isn't about conspiracy theories. It's about integrity and a level playing field. They play all the fixtures at the same time on the last day of the season. That way, no one has got an advantage.
What is the difference for the race for European places.
Leicester were given an upper hand tonight by the team that Man Utd put out. There is no argument to be had.
It makes no difference what we did two days before, it's not about that, we were still in the hunt to possibly catch Leicester mathematically. Tonight's shit show has all but killed that.
That was not our fault.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:30 pm

I am just asking your opinion. I know you are very particular with your thoughts ;) .Come on,what do you think?
I don’t know what would have been done if your example had happened. And nor do you. Nor does anyone else. So what’s the point of speculating. ?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clubs were once fined heavily for fielding weakened teams, but nowadays the congested fixture list means that no longer applies.

Mick McCarthy started it when he picked a reserve team to fulfil a game at Liverpool, saving his first team for a game that they were more likely to win when he was Wolves boss. He said he had a duty to pick the team he thought was in the best interests of his club.

And he's right. As unfortunate as it was, the Norwegian troll was dealt a bad hand with the pitch invasion. Three games in 5 days was always going to see changes.

Blame Statler and Waldorf for not spending enough for us to make changes every now and then to give the likes of Declan Rice a much needed rest.

Let's not start looking like Spuds fans.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:23 am Clubs were once fined heavily for fielding weakened teams, but nowadays the congested fixture list means that no longer applies.

Mick McCarthy started it when he picked a reserve team to fulfil a game at Liverpool, saving his first team for a game that they were more likely to win when he was Wolves boss. He said he had a duty to pick the team he thought was in the best interests of his club.

And he's right. As unfortunate as it was, the Norwegian troll was dealt a bad hand with the pitch invasion. Three games in 5 days was always going to see changes.

Blame Statler and Waldorf for not spending enough for us to make changes every now and then to give the likes of Declan Rice a much needed rest.

Looking and sounding like Spurs fans ? That ship's over the horizon mate.

Middlesbrough had a novel approach some years back when there was (I think) a flu outbreak. They said they were unable to field a team and called the game off. Problem is the authorities disapproved and docked them points and they got relegated at the end of the season. And if memory serves when the game was played they lost it anyway. The points they were docked effectively relegated them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bryan Robson was their manager at the time. Never did like that sod.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:16 am
palerider wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:23 am Clubs were once fined heavily for fielding weakened teams, but nowadays the congested fixture list means that no longer applies.

Looking and sounding like Spurs fans ? That ship's over the horizon mate.

Middlesbrough had a novel approach some years back when there was (I think) a flu outbreak. They said they were unable to field a team and called the game off. Problem is the authorities disapproved and docked them points and they got relegated at the end of the season. And if memory serves when the game was played they lost it anyway. The points they were docked effectively relegated them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bryan Robson was their manager at the time. Never did like that sod.
We have three very winnable games left and here is why

West Ham 5th v

Southampton 14th
Brighton 17th
WBA 19th

We have something to play for, they have fuck all to play for except pride.
Drive and determination trumps pride and we have David Moyes - and winning is what he does

Can anyone make a case for less than 9 points ? exactly

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

We should get our own house in order.

United are perfectly entitled to do whatever they want. They had a schedule that was fucking stupid. Yes it was caused by their fans and they will get a small fine once the clueless cunts at the FA take 4 months, tens of expensed meals and meetings and lots of jollies to decide on a £50,000 fine.

We failed to sign a defensive midfielder as cover for Rice or a Striker. We all knew since September the squad was as slim as a wafer thin mint. We lost twice against Steve Bruce and we didn't try and beat the so called big 5.

We will end up where we deserve to - same as everyone else.