Should We Take The Man U Fans Approach?

Chat about anything football related here!
dagenhamdave

Should We Take The Man U Fans Approach?

Post by dagenhamdave »

Send letters to all the West Ham Sponsors, and say we are all going to not buy any of their products. To try and spook the Dildo Bros, it seems to be working for Man U as a big sponsor has just pulled out?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -protests/

BlackDiamond

Re: Should We Take The Man U Fans Approach?

Post by BlackDiamond »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:51 pm Send letters to all the West Ham Sponsors, and say we are all going to not buy any of their products. To try and spook the Dildo Bros, it seems to be working for Man U as a big sponsor has just pulled out?
Impact the clubs revenue streams and you diminish profitablity. That then reduces any tansfer funds and limits player acquisition which directly influences competitiveness.

Probably be sensible to not do that. Much better to inflate black balloons and admire the symbolism.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

The impetus behind the Man United protest was the ESL. Imo we would expose ourselves to media ridicule if, after our best season for nearly 40 years, our fans started kicking off in the same way.

But, hey, what will be will be. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:51 pm Send letters to all the West Ham Sponsors, and say we are all going to not buy any of their products. To try and spook the Dildo Bros, it seems to be working for Man U as a big sponsor has just pulled out?
Just don't go, empty stadium, no merchandise sales. Of course we could just wait for the grim reaper to do his job, but you know these grabbing cunts I'll cling to life like shit to a blanket.
Knowing our luck little cuntfuck I'll probably live to a 150. :lol:
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:29 pm
Just don't go, empty stadium, no merchandise sales. Of course we could just wait for the grim reaper to do his job, but you know these grabbing cunts I'll cling to life like shit to a blanket.
BB - hasn’t the pandemic shown that clubs can survive with an empty stadium?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:24 am

BB - hasn’t the pandemic shown that clubs can survive with an empty stadium?
True.
But it's not sustainable.
The clubs at the moment are surviving, sky money etc is helping it through these times, but they need the fans spending money. Merchandise is big business. No fans, no sales, it's a big loss to keep taking.
I have mates who have season tickets and trust me you wouldn't believe some of the shnide tricks our cunts have conjured up in their pursuit of the pound note. It truly is staggering. For me personally I'd like to see our club shops empty and our attendances drop like a stone. But of course that won't happen, 30 year ago maybe, but not now, far too many tourists who haven't a clue about our club and it's history.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:05 pm
Impact the clubs revenue streams and you diminish profitablity. That then reduces any tansfer funds and limits player acquisition which directly influences competitiveness.

Probably be sensible to not do that. Much better to inflate black balloons and admire the symbolism.
I doubt a few balloons will bother Sullicunt.

Mass protests outside his mansion in Theydon Bois would have a better effect with an effigy of him in flames.

h69

Post by h69 »

Yep. Cut our noses off to spite our faces so to speak. We miss out on the game while thousands of casual fans take our tickets. Genius.

If we start protesting after this season we will be rinsed in the media. They were already saying yesterday that one of the reasons we are playing so well at present is because the fans are not there as they turn on the team too quickly and create a toxic atmosphere.

Clubs have shown they really don't need fans....it is the team that need positive fans or no fans at all.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:14 am

Yep. Cut our noses off to spite our faces so to speak. We miss out on the game while thousands of casual fans take our tickets. Genius.

If we start protesting after this season we will be rinsed in the media. They were already saying yesterday that one of the reasons we are playing so well at present is because the fans are not there as they turn on the team too quickly and create a toxic atmosphere.

Clubs have shown they really don't need fans....it is the team that need positive fans or no fans at all.
And if “we” DONT continue protesting just because the players produced a few decent results what message does that send out ?
Then the media WILL be all over it .

I know HU will have their work cut out implementing it but the message will be clear.
Support the team not the regime.
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:35 am
h69 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:14 am

And if “we” DONT continue protesting just because the players produced a few decent results what message does that send out ?
Then the media WILL be all over it .

I know HU will have their work cut out implementing it but the message will be clear.
Support the team not the regime.
Fair enough but not turning up is probably not doing either.