Should We Take The Man U Fans Approach?

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Should We Take The Man U Fans Approach?

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:22 pm
Newmarket wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:39 pm

You don’t go to games anymore . I don’t go to games anymore.
In that respect we are the same.

However , where we differ is the way in which we look in from the outside .
I understand why a lot , a fucking lot , not just a few , of the fan base are upset with the board .

And it has very little to do with the fact that we , most of the time , support a shit football team.

I have plenty of time for fan groups such as HU as I can see where they’re coming from .

You , on the other hand , hold them in utter contempt .

Which is your right of course.

But I’m sure one of their representatives will be on at some stage to confirm what I am going to say here.

And that is that they will never , ever , encourage protests inside the ground , they will encourage the SUPPORT the team NOT the regime as I mentioned in an earlier post.
Which makes your last paragraph above , and whoever stated it originally, a load of old Bollocks.

West Ham have always been shit and we probably always will be and most of us acknowledge that .

The fan base just don’t like to be taken for mugs that’s all.
You are of course entitled to your opinion but on this occasion I think it is you talking bollocks. ;)

Firstly I don’t hold supporters groups in utter contempt. I understand why they exist and agree with many of their points. I do however hold idiots who run onto the pitch waving corner flags in contempt. I hope you can see the difference but if you can’t it isn’t my problem. The people running Hammers United are, I am sure, in the main good people who have the club's best interests at heart. Because I don't think releasing black balloons in Liverpool or marching through the streets prior to matches is going to have any impact on the way the dwarf runs West Ham doesn't mean I hold them in contempt, does it.

Secondly if, as I think we both believe, the discontent is about the dwarf’s way of running the club why is it a load of bollocks to suggest protests are directed against him personally? I get that Hammers United, and others, ambition is to "force him out". Personally I don't think he'll be "forced out" until he wants to be but I would think it's more likely that demonstrations at his home would cause him more personal inconvenience thanand embarassment than anything happening in the ground. And of course a protest away from any matches would not have the potential of distracting the team from their endeavours on the pitch.

Nor do I get your point about the fan base not being taken for mugs. West Ham have never been a well run club during the time we’ve both supported them. So being taken for granted is something we should have become accustomed to. It is nothing new is it ? If we allow ourselves to be taken for granted, as you and I both used to, that is our right. But it is also our right not to be and to withdraw our financial, if not our spiritual,support. No one has to be taken for a mug unless they want to be. We've both been taken for granted in the past, not because we had to be, but because we chose to. Big difference imo.

But it's all about opinions. On that I'm sure we both agree. What will be will be, no matter what either of us think.
Hope don't mind me butting in...
Like all Protest Marches...footie, politics,whatever,you have people marching/walking/protesting together with varying
agendas and takes on what they are protesting about....basically you get a cross from over the top dogooders,thru to
the geniune guys and girls that "Get it" to the fuckin extremists.Is why personally not usually keen on marches/ protests,
a good cause gets bad spin, cos of the want of a better word ...troublemakers...
This partially is what happened at the Burnley game...we need to separate the passionate well meaning stuff,from the
"Coin Throwers" and some guys that wanted to beat up on their own....
Was in the middle of that...fuckin heartbreaking.
What I'm trying to get at is CornerFlag guy...Most Irons know him,not all but lots..is as genuine as you get,and would
do something from the heart,with a passion.....other protesters whilst not knowing them personally we're maybe doing
things for the crack.

Look at the Euro Super League Manc/Cheats and other protesters..who some deem as almost heroes...some are 15/16 year old
youngsters filming themselves for the crack...most likely never been to a game.
Mixed with hard core fans that are genuinely fucked off.....Mixed with the ,I've gotta day of work with nothing to do guys..

Like said don't like protest marches on the whole ..But our ones have been just,and well controlled by proper fans of the
club.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

in out in out, shake it all about

People need to make their fucking minds up. The owners are cunts and there is no way you can get this across properly, without affecting the team.

Having your cake, I believe

Personally, I would put up with a shit season / relegation, just to get rid of the sniveling cunts. Stay away from games, dont buy anything, cause fucking mayhem outside the ground. It is, the only way.

Failing that, sit back and watch the shysters suck the place dry
Covid in the Boardroom

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:49 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:22 pm

You are of course entitled to your opinion but on this occasion I think it is you talking bollocks. ;)

Firstly I don’t hold supporters groups in utter contempt. I understand why they exist and agree with many of their points. I do however hold idiots who run onto the pitch waving corner flags in contempt. I hope you can see the difference but if you can’t it isn’t my problem. The people running Hammers United are, I am sure, in the main good people who have the club's best interests at heart. Because I don't think releasing black balloons in Liverpool or marching through the streets prior to matches is going to have any impact on the way the dwarf runs West Ham doesn't mean I hold them in contempt, does it.

Secondly if, as I think we both believe, the discontent is about the dwarf’s way of running the club why is it a load of bollocks to suggest protests are directed against him personally? I get that Hammers United, and others, ambition is to "force him out". Personally I don't think he'll be "forced out" until he wants to be but I would think it's more likely that demonstrations at his home would cause him more personal inconvenience thanand embarassment than anything happening in the ground. And of course a protest away from any matches would not have the potential of distracting the team from their endeavours on the pitch.

Nor do I get your point about the fan base not being taken for mugs. West Ham have never been a well run club during the time we’ve both supported them. So being taken for granted is something we should have become accustomed to. It is nothing new is it ? If we allow ourselves to be taken for granted, as you and I both used to, that is our right. But it is also our right not to be and to withdraw our financial, if not our spiritual,support. No one has to be taken for a mug unless they want to be. We've both been taken for granted in the past, not because we had to be, but because we chose to. Big difference imo.

But it's all about opinions. On that I'm sure we both agree. What will be will be, no matter what either of us think.
Like all Protest Marches...footie, politics,whatever,you have people marching/walking/protesting together with varying
agendas and takes on what they are protesting about....basically you get a cross from over the top dogooders,thru to
the geniune guys and girls that "Get it" to the fuckin extremists.Is why personally not usually keen on marches/ protests,
a good cause gets bad spin, cos of the want of a better word ...troublemakers...
This partially is what happened at the Burnley game...we need to separate the passionate well meaning stuff,from the
What I'm trying to get at is CornerFlag guy...Most Irons know him,not all but lots..is as genuine as you get,and would
do something from the heart,with a passion.....other protesters whilst not knowing them personally we're maybe doing
things for the crack.

Look at the Euro Super League Manc/Cheats and other protesters..who some deem as almost heroes...some are 15/16 year old
Mixed with hard core fans that are genuinely fucked off.....Mixed with the ,I've gotta day of work with nothing to do guys..

Like said don't like protest marches on the whole ..But our ones have been just,and well controlled by proper fans of the
club.
Get the points you're making. But mine boils down to one thing pretty much. The resentment is about the dwarf. So what I'm saying is that if you're going to organise a protest make the protest against the object of your grievance. That is why I said protest at dwarf towers.

I don't necessarily think a protest there would have the effect of persuading the little Russian wannabe that his time was up. However I do think it would have more of an impact on HIM personally than any amount of black balloons at matches. Support the team not the owners is the mantra. So protest against the owner, and focus the protest in that direction.

The media, whose support is essential for any protest movement to be taken seriously whether anyone believes it or not, are already claiming our good season this time round has been due, in part, to the absence of fans in the stadium. "What the hell do West Ham fans want" is something we hear trotted out in the media, "they are challenging for Europe yet still they moan". If that says anything it should at least tell us that the message currently isn't getting across properly.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:14 pm
mkhammer wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:49 pm

things for the crack.

club.
Get the points you're making. But mine boils down to one thing pretty much. The resentment is about the dwarf. So what I'm saying is that if you're going to organise a protest make the protest against the object of your grievance. That is why I said protest at dwarf towers.

I don't necessarily think a protest there would have the effect of persuading the little Russian wannabe that his time was up. However I do think it would have more of an impact on HIM personally than any amount of black balloons at matches. Support the team not the owners is the mantra. So protest against the owner, and focus the protest in that direction.

The media, whose support is essential for any protest movement to be taken seriously whether anyone believes it or not, are already claiming our good season this time round has been due, in part, to the absence of fans in the stadium. "What the hell do West Ham fans want" is something we hear trotted out in the media, "they are challenging for Europe yet still they moan". If that says anything it should at least tell us that the message currently isn't getting across properly.
Absolutely get what your saying mate...spose it's about Numbers,getting everyone that wants a say a chance to get
together...Thought the stroll was great...peaceful,and didn't affect the game......Burnley was a fuck up,and that was our
fault ...was the shit that happened outside caused what happened inside.
There has been some stuff at his gaff.
TBH dont care about the Press/Media take on our stuff....pretty much like politics, print and say whichever makes the
best story...but anything and everything that makes them uncomfortable is fine with me...
Players know it's about Sugo and her...not the players themselves...as they would have found out this year we'd been allowed
in...

Side note....think poss we might have had an even better season with us being allowed in...and at games...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:02 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:14 pm

Absolutely get what your saying mate...spose it's about Numbers,getting everyone that wants a say a chance to get
together...Thought the stroll was great...peaceful,and didn't affect the game......Burnley was a fuck up,and that was our
fault ...was the shit that happened outside caused what happened inside.
There has been some stuff at his gaff.
TBH dont care about the Press/Media take on our stuff....pretty much like politics, print and say whichever makes the
best story...but anything and everything that makes them uncomfortable is fine with me...
Players know it's about Sugo and her...not the players themselves...as they would have found out this year we'd been allowed
in...

Side note....think poss we might have had an even better season with us being allowed in...and at games...
Press ? You're right. But there are legitimate questions that need to be asked about the dwarf and the dribbler and get those boys onside and they'll make life uncomfortable for them when the skeletons, and there are many, start rattling in the cupboards.

Like to think you're right about fans in the ground but for me, sorry, no chance. Too many comments on forums like "Moyes wouldn't have got away with that with fans in the ground", even after a win. Even back when I stopped going what used to be known as our 12th man had, more often that not, swapped it's shirt for the opposition's. Things go wrong, even slightly, and it's toxic. And the singling out of individual players is fucking disgraceful imo, and I doubt it's got better over the past 10 years. Bloody hell, is it really that long ago when I last went. :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?