Moyes said in a interview today he´ll sign 1 or 2 players in the summer

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Moyes said in a interview today he´ll sign 1 or 2 players in the summer

Post by Brookbonds73 »

hd1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:58 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:32 pm

They don't need covid to hide behind, they shaft the fans matter what the status is. If we do qualify for Europe we'll need at least 5 players ( not journeymen has-beens) to fight on 4 fronts. I like many others don't think our owners are prepared to shell out for that.
ALL clubs have been financially hit by covid, it is a fact. We all know what we need but we have to be realistic about what we get, but we'll get what we can afford.

Who has mentioned journeymen?
I'm well aware about covid. My point is, these people have a history of purchasing over the hill or injury prone tosspots to deflect attention away from themselves. Arbeloa, Wilshire, Tore, Carroll. The list goes on. All clubs have indeed been hit, but before covid, we were constantly hit with their shenanigans in the transfer market. They will have to spend, not massive amounts, but if we're in Europe they must, otherwise our journey in to Europe, will be a short lived one.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Just a thought, but how are the financial fair play rules being applied this transfer window, given the fact that every club has essentially played behind closed doors this season.

Are they going to allow the clubs some leeway or are the rules going to be strictly applied?

If the latter, it is surely clubs will not be able to spend the kind of money required to sign 6 or 7 players, even if they wanted to.
Flairon

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:24 pm

ALL clubs have been financially hit by covid, it is a fact. We all know what we need but we have to be realistic about what we get, but we'll get what we can afford.

I'm well aware about covid. My point is, these people have a history of purchasing over the hill or injury prone tosspots to deflect attention away from themselves. Arbeloa, Wilshire, Tore, Carroll. The list goes on. All clubs have indeed been hit, but before covid, we were constantly hit with their shenanigans in the transfer market. They will have to spend, not massive amounts, but if we're in Europe they must, otherwise our journey in to Europe, will be a short lived one.
Joking apart Statler & Waldorf lost 65 million last year. This year it will be worse. They're even putting a new contract for Moyes on hold.

Of course they're not to blame for covid but they're not rich in PL terms. And in the past they really haven't spent wisely. So anyone thinking that a big influx of quality players will arrive this summer needs their bumps felt.

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer »

Can't we start our own digital currency and buy them with that? SULICOIN could have a growth to it
Matamata

Towie

Post by Towie »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:32 pm

They don't need covid to hide behind, they shaft the fans matter what the status is. If we do qualify for Europe we'll need at least 5 players ( not journeymen has-beens) to fight on 4 fronts. I like many others don't think our owners are prepared to shell out for that.

If we make Europe, then it time for the owners to step up and dip their hands in their own rather large pockets.

“World class players in a world class stadium” was the spouted mantra, time to make good on that or our European adventure(if it happens) could be embarrassingly short-lived.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:55 am

“World class players in a world class stadium”
Brady was referring to the opposition
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:58 am Just a thought, but how are the financial fair play rules being applied this transfer window, given the fact that every club has essentially played behind closed doors this season.

Are they going to allow the clubs some leeway or are the rules going to be strictly applied?

If the latter, it is surely clubs will not be able to spend the kind of money required to sign 6 or 7 players, even if they wanted to.
I think I read somewhere a while back that the FFP rules were being put on ice because of Covid.

Bloody stupid rule anyway imo. Don't see why anyone should be able to tell anyone else how much of their own money they can spend on their business.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:13 am
Flairon wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:58 am Just a thought, but how are the financial fair play rules being applied this transfer window, given the fact that every club has essentially played behind closed doors this season.

I think I read somewhere a while back that the FFP rules were being put on ice because of Covid.

Bloody stupid rule anyway imo. Don't see why anyone should be able to tell anyone else how much of their own money they can spend on their business.
Are they not changing the interpretation of what constitutes legitimate income and therefore allowing a greater latitutude for investment. Not putting it on ice but changing the calculations. That way you could interpret all investment is for the greater good.

So keep the rule but change it's interpretation. That way everybody gets what they want and everybody respects everyone else. It makes for better uncertain companions.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

“One or two” in conversation doesn’t mean those figures specifically.

If it did, I’d have had my nuts cut out years ago for ducking into the Royal for “just a couple”.

The poor bastard can’t take a shit without someone demanding an explanation.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:27 am “One or two” in conversation doesn’t mean those figures specifically.

If it did, I’d have had my nuts cut out years ago for ducking into the Royal for “just a couple”.

The poor bastard can’t take a shit without someone demanding an explanation.
Quite right Oz. Everyone says 'one or two' when they mean six or seven...it's a figure of speech not a final answer on Mastermind...