Moyes said in a interview today he´ll sign 1 or 2 players in the summer

Chat about anything football related here!
Riceascaptain

Moyes said in a interview today he´ll sign 1 or 2 players in the summer

Post by Riceascaptain »

one or fucking two?!?!

We need a 6 or seven players! It´s obvious for all to see but he comes out with this?!

Left back, centre back, centre midfielder, Lingard and 2 forwards are needed! Is this not as obvious to you as it is to me?

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Moyes said in a interview today he´ll sign 1 or 2 players in the summer

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

You forgot a goalkeeper

Probably a figure of speech though ,be more than that hopefully

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Riceascaptain wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:28 pm one or fucking two?!?!

We need a 6 or seven players! It´s obvious for all to see but he comes out with this?!

Left back, centre back, centre midfielder, Lingard and 2 forwards are needed! Is this not as obvious to you as it is to me?
The only way you'll get your 6/7 players is if Rice is sold and even then, knowing our owners that won't be a given.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Quite right too and why they'll wheel Noble out again next season.

As Boris found, room makeovers aren't cheap and the cost of tarting up junior slug's room is enormous.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Riceascaptain wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:28 pm one or fucking two?!?!

Ahhhhh.......but you must have forgotten that we have two conquering heroes returning to our fold in the Summer.....Reid and Anderson......surely that must be good news....with Anderson replacing Lingard and Reid replacing Balbuena.....who are both off in the Summer....and at no cost to Sully...... :oops:

hd1

Post by hd1 »

I'm really not sure what people expect. Yes we need to strengthen especially if we make Europe but ALL clubs have been hit financially by Covid and we have to be realistic.

Whether he can get a tune out of Anderson I doubt now, particularly if we keep Lingard, but it won't cost us to try.

For me the essentials are a CF and a DM/utility midfielder. We have enough cover (whether its good enough is a matter of opinion) in all other areas

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

hd1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:14 pm
For me the essentials are a CF and a DM/utility midfielder.

Moyes is trying to sign the relegated Sheffield United Norwegian centre midfileder Sander Berge as the DM/utility midfielder option

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

hd1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:14 pm I'm really not sure what people expect. Yes we need to strengthen especially if we make Europe but ALL clubs have been hit financially by Covid and we have to be realistic.

Whether he can get a tune out of Anderson I doubt now, particularly if we keep Lingard, but it won't cost us to try.

For me the essentials are a CF and a DM/utility midfielder. We have enough cover (whether its good enough is a matter of opinion) in all other areas
They don't need covid to hide behind, they shaft the fans matter what the status is. If we do qualify for Europe we'll need at least 5 players ( not journeymen has-beens) to fight on 4 fronts. I like many others don't think our owners are prepared to shell out for that.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

With the loss of match day revenue this season it is somewhat unrealistic to expect the club to sign 6 or 7 players.

Whilst I appreciate that we need to strengthen the depth of the squad (especially if we qualify for Europe) it was never going to happen, even in the best of times. I rather suspect that Moyes has said he is looking to sign 1 or 2 players because he knows what the budget allows.
Last edited by Flairon on Sat May 08, 2021 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flairon

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:32 pm
hd1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:14 pm I'm really not sure what people expect. Yes we need to strengthen especially if we make Europe but ALL clubs have been hit financially by Covid and we have to be realistic.

They don't need covid to hide behind, they shaft the fans matter what the status is. If we do qualify for Europe we'll need at least 5 players ( not journeymen has-beens) to fight on 4 fronts. I like many others don't think our owners are prepared to shell out for that.
ALL clubs have been financially hit by covid, it is a fact. We all know what we need but we have to be realistic about what we get, but we'll get what we can afford.

Who has mentioned journeymen?