Moyes said in a interview today he´ll sign 1 or 2 players in the summer

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Moyes said in a interview today he´ll sign 1 or 2 players in the summer

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:37 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:27 am “One or two” in conversation doesn’t mean those figures specifically.

If it did, I’d have had my nuts cut out years ago for ducking into the Royal for “just a couple”.

The poor bastard can’t take a shit without someone demanding an explanation.
Quite right Oz. Everyone says 'one or two' when they mean six or seven...it's a figure of speech not a final answer on Mastermind...
He wins . It’s what he does ......& he should know co he said it .
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Re: Moyes said in a interview today he´ll sign 1 or 2 players in the summer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:13 am
Flairon wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:58 am Just a thought, but how are the financial fair play rules being applied this transfer window, given the fact that every club has essentially played behind closed doors this season.

Are they going to allow the clubs some leeway or are the rules going to be strictly applied?

If the latter, it is surely clubs will not be able to spend the kind of money required to sign 6 or 7 players, even if they wanted to.
I think I read somewhere a while back that the FFP rules were being put on ice because of Covid.

Bloody stupid rule anyway imo. Don't see why anyone should be able to tell anyone else how much of their own money they can spend on their business.
Yeah the whole thing Backfires...NFL have a similar system.....Green Bay are about to maybe lose their main man..cos
he is taking to much outta the kitty they have..and he can get the same dosh elsewhere..so he might be off...
Cos you can fuck any loyalty when your talking millions..word doesn't exist..he loves GB but will still move on....
Trev would have gone...if Clough and Forest could/would have offered him the equivalent of 5mill plus a season.

Big names on high wages bring a higher rate of sponsership into the club...limit what they can spend on wages,you
can actually limit their right to trade freely.

Not defending the silly money in footie...hate it with a passion, but we have to accept the way it is..