If Arsenal get knocked out tonight.

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: If Arsenal get knocked out tonight.

Post by Towie »

Looks like to Dick Emery having the last laugh now.

Sacked last season at Arsenal, and he takes a non European super club to a final.

Arsenal threatening now not to compete in Europe next season by finishing 9th place in Premier League. :lol: :lol:

Euro spots go to 7th place now I think.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

BCHammer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:08 pm Wenger must be laughing his bollocks off over a gran merlot
I still find it stunning how their fans turned against him. They owe him so much. The ground, the state of the art training facilities, the list goes on, and yet those fickle cunts treated him like shite at the end.
Fuck em, they got what they deserved.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:30 pm
BCHammer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:08 pm Wenger must be laughing his bollocks off over a gran merlot
I still find it stunning how their fans turned against him. They owe him so much. The ground, the state of the art training facilities, the list goes on, and yet those fickle cunts treated him like shite at the end.
I agree. But do you see similar stirrings in West Ham quarters. ? And we’re having our best season in years.

Funny fuckers us football supporters. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:48 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:30 pm

I agree. But do you see similar stirrings in West Ham quarters. ? And we’re having our best season in years.

I know, but fuck me, those cunts were having meltdowns when they lost two on the spin, or didn't win a trophy in the last five minutes. Bit different to us when you consider we haven't won fuck all for 40 years.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:56 pm

I know, but fuck me, those cunts were having meltdowns when they lost two on the spin, or didn't win a trophy in the last five minutes. Bit different to us when you consider we haven't won fuck all for 40 years.
I was referring more to the anti Moyes brigade mate. Wenger transformed Arsenal from a boring "one nil to the Arsenal" George Graham side to a team that everyone enjoyed watching. And they won trophies.

Moyes this season has taken West Ham , at least imo, from being the traditional soft touch to being a side that no one likes playing against. We may still not win anything but at least we are competing now instead of just making up the numbers. But many so called fans are still not happy.

That's the comparison. Particularly as Arsenal have a tradition of winning trophies and we don't. It would be different if we had once been a footballing superpower.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:45 pm

I was referring more to the anti Moyes brigade mate. Wenger transformed Arsenal from a boring "one nil to the Arsenal" George Graham side to a team that everyone enjoyed watching. And they won trophies.

Moyes this season has taken West Ham , at least imo, from being the traditional soft touch to being a side that no one likes playing against. We may still not win anything but at least we are competing now instead of just making up the numbers. But many so called fans are still not happy.

That's the comparison. Particularly as Arsenal have a tradition of winning trophies and we don't. It would be different if we had once been a footballing superpower.
Ah I see what you mean.
He has indeed turned us around and yet like you say many of the fans aren't happy. It truly does beggar belief as to what some really do think we should be doing.
When we've got a fully fit squad, we'll give anyone a game. Some of our matches this season have been a breath of fresh air, really good, and yet still some ain't happy.
I know one things for sure, it's got to be better than the usual relegation dogfight, I like yourself have seen enough of them over the years.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Towie wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:17 pm Looks like to Dick Emery having the last laugh now.

Sacked last season at Arsenal, and he takes a non European super club to a final.

Arsenal threatening now not to compete in Europe next season by finishing 9th place in Premier League. :lol: :lol:

Euro spots go to 7th place now I think.
Indeed.

7th will clinch a place in the European Conference.

Thursday nights in Moldova.

Whoops-y-fucking-do.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

And we take the piss out the spuds :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

What has Arteta actually done to be managing Arsenal?. We've let him off the hook twice this season.
Would love it if they finished outside the top ten :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:59 am What has Arteta actually done to be managing Arsenal?. We've let him off the hook twice this season.
Would love it if they finished outside the top ten :lol:
It was a strange appointment imo. He's one of their ex players which seems to be the only reason he was chosen. He was Guardiola's assistant at City but being an assistant isn't the same as being the main man, is it ?