Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Rice to City ?

Post by Whiskyman »

only1salty wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:44 pm
Pipe smurf wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:29 pm
The general feeling at the club is he can be replaced for 25 - 40 million
This shit always make me laugh

If that's true why aren't City buying the alternative for 25-40 million? Don't tell me - its our superior scouting network consisting of Len O'Reilly who has unearthed another gem from Ireland and Will Salthouse who definitely doesn't have a conflict of interests.

Of all the English clubs, City would be my least hated destination. Semi decent fans, will pay the going rate and will remember where he came from.

Unfortunately we don't choose his destination - the $$$$ does.
Generally that would be correct of course but I get the impression that Rice knows his own mind and, therefore, presumably has a fairly clear idea of what he wants his career path to look like. We can all remember Rio Ferdinand being pushed out of the door to Leeds, not huis preferred destination apparently, by Redknapp but I get the impression Rice is a more mature person that Rio was at that age. And at the end of the day it's the player's signature on the contract. And I'm hoping Moyes isn't quite as susceptible to the brown envelopes the like of which, according to strong rumours at the time, passed between Peter Ridsdale and Twitchy at the time of the Ferdinand deal.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:27 am
JayK wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:11 am

Parking and Mancunians. 2 key elements on any decision for different reasons
I think I could put up with it for a few years on 200k a week. I might even learn how to do drive-by shootings.
:lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

He might go to some City for a visit but he aint joining Man City!

My captain!

He´s at West Ham to stay!

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:56 pm

If that's true why aren't City buying the alternative for 25-40 million? Don't tell me - its our superior scouting network consisting of Len O'Reilly who has unearthed another gem from Ireland and Will Salthouse who definitely doesn't have a conflict of interests.

Of all the English clubs, City would be my least hated destination. Semi decent fans, will pay the going rate and will remember where he came from.

Generally that would be correct of course but I get the impression that Rice knows his own mind and, therefore, presumably has a fairly clear idea of what he wants his career path to look like. We can all remember Rio Ferdinand being pushed out of the door to Leeds, not huis preferred destination apparently, by Redknapp but I get the impression Rice is a more mature person that Rio was at that age. And at the end of the day it's the player's signature on the contract. And I'm hoping Moyes isn't quite as susceptible to the brown envelopes the like of which, according to strong rumours at the time, passed between Peter Ridsdale and Twitchy at the time of the Ferdinand deal.
Why did we sign Hugill?

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Pipe smurf wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:49 pm

Because he´s English, that costs

A man recommended by Soucek goes by the name Alex Kral has been earmarked as a replacement for Rice if he goes.

It is thought that Kral can be landed for 25 - 30 million

Someone who plays in the same position as Rice does not replace Rice. We could sign Tom Huddlestone to replace Rice but we all know its a cheap imitation to stand in the same position.

Lets be honest here.

Dwarf will cash in, give some of the money to Moyes to spend on a cheap stand-in and use the rest to pay interest on an expensive loan he has given the club

h69

Post by h69 »

only1salty wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:17 am
Pipe smurf wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:49 pm

Because he´s English, that costs

A man recommended by Soucek goes by the name Alex Kral has been earmarked as a replacement for Rice if he goes.

It is thought that Kral can be landed for 25 - 30 million

Someone who plays in the same position as Rice does not replace Rice. We could sign Tom Huddlestone to replace Rice but we all know its a cheap imitation to stand in the same position.

Lets be honest here.

Dwarf will cash in, give some of the money to Moyes to spend on a cheap stand-in and use the rest to pay interest on an expensive loan he has given the club
It will be down to Rice if he leaves and no-one else. As for whether we get the money to get a replacement, it is difficult because Soucek was relatively cheap whereas Seri at Fulham cost a fortune and I know who I would want out of the two.... The key will be who chooses the player as money can sometimes mean you buy the wrong player (Haller and Anderson prime examples)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

only1salty wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:11 am

Why did we sign Hugill?
That is a good question. It was, putting it kindly, strange. A more inquisitive mind mind suggest suspicious. ;)

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:30 pm

Why did we sign Hugill?
That is a good question. It was, putting it kindly, strange. A more inquisitive mind mind suggest suspicious. ;)
Jordan Hugill joined from Preston (what's the connection there) in Janary 2018 for £10M

He left West Ham in October 2020 on a free joining Norwich City.

So how did he do ? Played a total of 22 mins at West Ham making 3 appearances. Goals (0) assists (0)

In between the West Ham and Norwich arrival and departure, he journeyed at Middlesborough and QPR whilst still being on the West Ham payroll.

We can view this as a bit of a disappointment ,but in the West Ham sphere of shots-in-the-dark trading, it was within the margins of the clubs nature.

It's what we do,have done and are famous for doing. So who is the next Jordan Hugill we might wonder. And if we look at our bench, I think we can see some promising candidates...It's what he does

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Why did we sign Hugill?
To balance the books for fucking Preston.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:05 pm

Why did we sign Hugill?
To balance the books for fucking Preston.
Another lesson learnt from the Twitchmeister ? Didn't we do something similar for Bournemouth when we signed Scott Mean from them back in the 90s sometime.?