Champions League Final

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Champions League Final

Post by palerider »

Villa have offered Vile Park.

If the stumpy fucker could have made money the ILS would be on the list.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:27 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:00 pm Apparently in Turkey ?

Can’t they play it in fucking England ???
Entirely logical. Play it at Wembley. Turkey is struggling with 26,000 daily infections, UK 2,000.

Chelsea and Manchester City should advise uefa where they will play the final (mitigating circumstances) and not risk unnecessary contamination.
I agree with you BD,but when have UEFA & FIFA done common sense?

Now if Qatari said they'd host it,then maybe,that would be a completely different scenario for FIFA. ;)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

A lot of other fans say that Pep.has spent a fortune and say they 'buy 'Trophies,but I'm going to stick up for them here.

They buy players that are virtually unknown and Pep turns them into world class players.

He don't go out and buy the Messi's and Ronaldo's,does he?

He buys quality,but players who aren't household names.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

only1salty wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:49 pm Both teams were superb in their execution but I reckon the final will be a bore fest. Chelsea are very defensive and play with great pace on the counter. Their goals effectively come from Kante nicking the ball in midfield. City play keep ball and no striker.

You will have one team who is happy to have the ball and the other team is happy for the opposition to have the ball.

:roll:

Oh and you will have thousands of fans hitting Turkey and bringing back something more serious than the clap this time.
Didn't watch the F A Cup game between them but the reports I read said that Chelsea deserved their win. Don't know if you watched the game but was wondering what your views on it were.

If Chelsea play a sit back and counter game an early City goal could liven things up.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

I watched it.

City were off colour especially in the first half. Chelsea were a bit Mourinho-esque but did a job.

Sterling had a shocker.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:07 pm I watched it.

City were off colour especially in the first half. Chelsea were a bit Mourinho-esque but did a job.

Sterling had a shocker.
I've watched most of City's games on the box and from what I've seen Sterling hasn't had a decent game for some time.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:09 pm

Sterling had a shocker.
I've watched most of City's games on the box and from what I've seen Sterling hasn't had a decent game for some time.
Rumour is up there they're looking to offload him to make way for Kane or Haaland.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:11 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:09 pm

Rumour is up there they're looking to offload him to make way for Kane or Haaland.
I wouldn't be at all surprised tbh. Although for me Kane v Haaland is a no brainer. Kane is older, has dodgy ankles and, being English will cost a lot more. Very good striker of course but Haaland certainly appears to be the real deal and has youth on his side.

And he speaks better English.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Sterling had a shocker.
City have been better without Sterling last couple of games I've watched. He is one trick pony in my book, by which I mean, it's his pace that has got him to where he is.
I've seen him miss some shockers.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

only1salty wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:49 pm Both teams were superb in their execution but I reckon the final will be a bore fest. Chelsea are very defensive and play with great pace on the counter. Their goals effectively come from Kante nicking the ball in midfield. City play keep ball and no striker.

You will have one team who is happy to have the ball and the other team is happy for the opposition to have the ball.

:roll:

Oh and you will have thousands of fans hitting Turkey and bringing back something more serious than the clap this time.
Carpets?