West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our superb away display at Burnley and done the double over them, we need to keep on pushing for top 4 and hope Rice and Ogbonna will be ready for this match. Ogbonna will replace ineffective Diop and Lanzini could make way for Rice. The formation of 3-4-2-1 seemed to bode well Masuaku is not yet know when he will return.

Everton has been a bogey team against us especially at our home as Everton are similar to Brighton and Everton has excellent away record this season so that we need to manned up and be counted if we want to push on for CL spot. Digne, Richarlison and Calvin-Lewin to watch out for as Everton want to look for a response for their poor display last match.

Squad: 3-4-1-2

Fabianski

Dawson
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Coufal
Soucek
Rice
Fornals

Lingard
Benrahma/Lanzini

Antonio

Hope we will give a good game and to perform from the first whistle to the last and DON'T INVITE Everton to do the attacking.

COYI.......Let go for it!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Brookbonds73

Re: West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Nice intro Ibbs, the Burnley game was the most un-Moyes lineup and as such, completely surprised the hell out of me. In a good way. There was a lovely balance to the team and I would like to see a re-run of that lineup for this one. Ogbonna's inclusion natch.

Very impressed and that gives us two viable playing styles. With Declan it's the counter attacking, marauding style and without Declan it's the possession based, probing, passing the opposition to death style, that Arsenal trademarked, before Man City came along and said,that's the way to do it; which involved scoring goals as an end product.

So now we know what we want to do, roughly speaking and the manager is demonstrating a certain adaptability bordering on competence, it's a moment to reassess our own levels of DM tolerance.

And with those breezy observations - got out of the way - may the 4th be with us...

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:45 pm Nice intro Ibbs, the Burnley game was the most un-Moyes lineup and as such, completely surprised the hell out of me. In a good way. There was a lovely balance to the team and I would like to see a re-run of that lineup for this one. Ogbonna's inclusion natch.

Very impressed and that gives us two viable playing styles. With Declan it's the counter attacking, marauding style and without Declan it's the possession based, probing, passing the opposition to death style, that Arsenal trademarked, before Man City came along and said,that's the way to do it; which involved scoring goals as an end product.

So now we know what we want to do, roughly speaking and the manager is demonstrating a certain adaptability bordering on competence, it's a moment to reassess our own levels of DM tolerance.

And with those breezy observations - got out of the way - may the 4th be with us...
Hope West Ham to end nightmare of poor result at home against Everton and poor away record at Brighton as long as our teams stay fit, keep our feet on the ground and hope referee/VAR will not hampered us like in 2015-16 which West Ham could have won the Premier League IF VAR were in place. That season I never forgave referees for that.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

What concerned be about last night's game is inability to keep a clean sheet and the fact that we missed so many opportunities to put the game beyond doubt. I constantly felt that we would concede an equalizer at any point.

If we do that against Everton I fear we will be punished. Win this and we can possibly find our way back into the top 4, with the games that we and Chelsea have remaining.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:53 pm What concerned be about last night's game is inability to keep a clean sheet and the fact that we missed so many opportunities to put the game beyond doubt. I constantly felt that we would concede an equalizer at any point.

If we do that against Everton I fear we will be punished. Win this and we can possibly find our way back into the top 4, with the games that we and Chelsea have remaining.
I don't see Chelsea slipping up but I think Leicester's last 3 games are at Chelsea, Manchester United and at home to Spurs. Which could make them vulnerable.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:38 pm
Flairon wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:53 pm What concerned be about last night's game is inability to keep a clean sheet and the fact that we missed so many opportunities to put the game beyond doubt. I constantly felt that we would concede an equalizer at any point.

I don't see Chelsea slipping up but I think Leicester's last 3 games are at Chelsea, Manchester United and at home to Spurs. Which could make them vulnerable.
You just don't know. Who saw Shrek's lot sticking 5 past them ?

They have City away next, hardly a gimme. City get the title, at the Etihad with a win. Then they have the Arse and Leicester. I accept that Villa in the last match should be 3 points, but a lot to be played for as yet.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Will muller the Blue Scouse.

4-1

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:02 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:38 pm

You just don't know. Who saw Shrek's lot sticking 5 past them ?

They have City away next, hardly a gimme. City get the title, at the Etihad with a win. Then they have the Arse and Leicester. I accept that Villa in the last match should be 3 points, but a lot to be played for as yet.
Of course. The way this season has gone nothing would surprise me tbh. But I also remember Leicester choking in the final stretch last season. Can lightning strike twice ? That sort of thing might weigh on them.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:45 pm Nice intro Ibbs, the Burnley game was the most un-Moyes lineup and as such, completely surprised the hell out of me. In a good way. There was a lovely balance to the team and I would like to see a re-run of that lineup for this one. Ogbonna's inclusion natch.

You think Arsenal created Tiki Taka and not Barcelona ?