West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:08 pm
Towie wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:46 pm

Chance missed though Castiron, needed our big front players to step up and all of them Were shocking today.
That is largely down to Everton’s defensive organisation though isn’t it ?
Off course that has something to do with it, but in games like that you need your big players to step up.
How often do you see games like that where you need a touch of class to open a game up. Sadly Lingard, Benrahma & Antonio were just piss poor and did nothing between them. Fornals was the only player making things happen.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Fed up of these little sides parking the bus against us top 6 ..... :lol:

Played alright....any side would struggle a bit when you set up the way Everton did..3/5 with 2 sitters,bit like
how we started the season off, set up not to lose hoping to nick it...Ancelotti just said he's not interested in possession
football..interesting ,not sure I agree..
The games all about creating chances ..we didn't,so can't moan to much.
But the game still proved how much we have moved on under Moyes...sides prepared to shut up shop against us,never
seen that before.
Great season whatever happens now, 3 more wins,icing on the cake....and still pretty much in same boat ,leicester gotta lose
2, red scouse 1 for any chance of CL footie.....

Gutted for Lanza..didn't deserve that,hope not to bad,was playing really well again,always liked him.

palerider

Post by palerider »

mkhammer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:44 pm Fed up of these little sides parking the bus against us top 6 ..... :lol:

Played alright....any side would struggle a bit when you set up the way Everton did..3/5 with 2 sitters,bit like
how we started the season off, set up not to lose hoping to nick it...Ancelotti just said he's not interested in possession
But the game still proved how much we have moved on under Moyes...sides prepared to shut up shop against us,never
seen that before.
Great season whatever happens now, 3 more wins,icing on the cake....and still pretty much in same boat ,leicester gotta lose

Gutted for Lanza..didn't deserve that,hope not to bad,was playing really well again,always liked him.
Yep. Him and Fornals were doing well. Not so much anyone else in attack though. Antonio was....well, Antonio. Lingard marked out of the match and Benny not very good at all I'm afraid. Looked lost.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

palerider wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:51 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:44 pm Fed up of these little sides parking the bus against us top 6 ..... :lol:

seen that before.

Yep. Him and Fornals were doing well. Not so much anyone else in attack though. Antonio was....well, Antonio. Lingard marked out of the match and Benny not very good at all I'm afraid. Looked lost.
Cant really dig players out to much...Everton done a job on us...it happens,ball doesn't run for you...classy manager as well,
possession comment was disappointing from him tho...

I often think when sides play like that,and you can't break them down...go.. fuck all the clever stuff we'll start
launching it and bring AC on..... :lol:
Seriously tho cant go thru or around...go over the top..

palerider

Post by palerider »

mkhammer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:58 pm

Cant really dig players out to much...Everton done a job on us...it happens,ball doesn't run for you...classy manager as well,

I often think when sides play like that,and you can't break them down...go.. fuck all the clever stuff we'll start
What I said about a target man. The AC of 7 years ago though. Mina and Keane didn't lose a header.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Let's face it.
When it came to the crunch, we shat out, again!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:31 pm Let's face it.
Bilic has to go my learned friend.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:32 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:31 pm Let's face it.
Bilic has to go my learned friend.
I believe so my good man.
And take macari with him.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:58 pm

What Ancelotti said about possession stats was bang on the money. Goals win games, not possession. As we have proved more often than not this season.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:12 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:08 pm

That is largely down to Everton’s defensive organisation though isn’t it ?
I think it was.

Put it this way. If we'd have gone somewhere, played that well defensively, conceded 70% possession but won it 1-0, most if not all of us would be calling it a masterclass.

The lack of a proper target man cost us today. All very same-y.
Disagree mate. Quite a few would claim we “got lucky” with negative tactics. And many would be saying they wished we had gone for a more attacking manager———like Ancelotti. ———or maybe little Scotty. :lol: :lol:

Don’t believe me? If you can be arsed look back through some of the posts after some of our one nils.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?