West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

Castiron wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:43 pm Lads, lads, lads.
This was Everton not the blunts, they have a great away record. Their manager has won everything in the game. Did we think we could just turn up and turn them over.
They defended for their lives does that not tell you something?. We had two injuries which upset any rythm we may have got going.
They parked the bus, just as we have many many a time.
It was one of those games, we didn't get the rub.
Cheer up we are 5th, not 5th from bottom
Chance missed though Castiron, needed our big front players to step up and all of them Were shocking today.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Towie wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:46 pm
This was Everton not the blunts, they have a great away record. Their manager has won everything in the game. Did we think we could just turn up and turn them over.
They defended for their lives does that not tell you something?. We had two injuries which upset any rythm we may have got going.
Chance missed though Castiron, needed our big front players to step up and all of them Were shocking today.
I agree, but the service was terrible all game, except for the ball for Benrahmas header. Of all the people to fall to :roll: you are taught from an early age to head the ball down, make the keeper work, schoolboy stuff. He was trying to score the perfect header.
It was all too rushed today, and unfortunately, we haven't got the players or maybe the nouse to be patient and work an opening.
This is one game I can't be too disappointed tbh.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

It'll all be about a "creditable" 6th, 7th or 8th place finish come the end of the season. In reality though, when we've had a real chance to kick on and nail down a CL place the powers that be wouldn't stick their hand in their pockets and strengthen the squad.

The fact that literally everyone and their dog knew our squad depth is nowhere near good enough and it was only a matter of time before injuries took their toll is even more a kick in the teeth to the fans and just shows the contempt the board has towards us.

Don't believe for one moment that Moyes didn't want further additions to the squad in January - of course he did, he's a fucking Premier League manager who's team has a chance of CL qualification and he had no strikers!!

I suspect the fact he's only got a short term contract was the cause of his suffering in silence and toeing the party line since he didn't want to rock the boat and blow any possible contract extension talks.

The worst thing is though, had we been floating around 6th-10th this term I'd have been relatively happy and everything would've been peachy. But we weren't, we were in the CL places and the lack of ambition and willingness to take a financial chance to aid possible CL qualification has utterly pissed me off.

I'm really not looking forward to the starting XI first game of next season if we don't qualify for Europe because I fear it'll be a team with some glaring omissions and some just terrible replacements.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:42 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:41 pm .

But the conference thing will at least raise the club’s profile. And more winnable than the Europa League.

That said with our remaining games we ought to be able to guarantee at least 7th place which would ensure Europa league.

And if we don’t make it we’ll only have ourselves to blame. Although some will look to place the blame elsewhere. Won’t they Terry. ? ;)
7th gets you the Conference. We need 5th or 6th.
Leicester and us for the Europa then.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:59 pm
palerider wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:42 pm

7th gets you the Conference. We need 5th or 6th.
Leicester and us for the Europa then.
Yep, I thought we needed 4 wins for CL, we will need 3 wins for Europa league.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:58 pm It'll all be about a "creditable" 6th, 7th or 8th place finish come the end of the season. In reality though, when we've had a real chance to kick on and nail down a CL place the powers that be wouldn't stick their hand in their pockets and strengthen the squad.

The fact that literally everyone and their dog knew our squad depth is nowhere near good enough and it was only a matter of time before injuries took their toll is even more a kick in the teeth to the fans and just shows the contempt the board has towards us.

Don't believe for one moment that Moyes didn't want further additions to the squad in January - of course he did, he's a fucking Premier League manager who's team has a chance of CL qualification and he had no strikers!!

I suspect the fact he's only got a short term contract was the cause of his suffering in silence and toeing the party line since he didn't want to rock the boat and blow any possible contract extension talks.

The worst thing is though, had we been floating around 6th-10th this term I'd have been relatively happy and everything would've been peachy. But we weren't, we were in the CL places and the lack of ambition and willingness to take a financial chance to aid possible CL qualification has utterly pissed me off.

I'm really not looking forward to the starting XI first game of next season if we don't qualify for Europe because I fear it'll be a team with some glaring omissions and some just terrible replacements.
Good points. But Moyes reputation has been restored this season and if what you say is true and he chose to walk he would be in demand because of our performances this season.

I’m expecting the wheels to come off big time next season as the fans come back because the resentment towards the dwarf and the dribbler will take centre stage again.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

That is largely down to Everton’s defensive organisation though isn’t it ?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:08 pm

I think it was.

Put it this way. If we'd have gone somewhere, played that well defensively, conceded 70% possession but won it 1-0, most if not all of us would be calling it a masterclass.

The lack of a proper target man cost us today. All very same-y.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

palerider wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:12 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:08 pm

I think it was.

Put it this way. If we'd have gone somewhere, played that well defensively, conceded 70% possession but won it 1-0, most if not all of us would be calling it a masterclass.

Our delivery to a target man if we had one was abysmal
Why Lingard is taking the free kicks is anyone's guess. Arguably our best goal scorer and he's nowhere near the box, and his freekicks are shite?.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:15 pm
palerider wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:12 pm

I think it was.

Our delivery to a target man if we had one was abysmal
Why Lingard is taking the free kicks is anyone's guess. Arguably our best goal scorer and he's nowhere near the box, and his freekicks are shite?.
Yep, the deliveries were piss poor today.