West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:59 pm
palerider wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:56 pm Awful defending.
Whose fault was it? Aguerro or Solskjaer ? ;)
Hey,at least try to spell Aguero properly if you going to take the piss Whiskyman.. ;)

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:31 pm Let's face it.
When it came to the crunch, we shat out, again!
Totally disagree BB, Everton did a number on us, we didn’t get outplayed , just out defended. Be gutted if we don’t finish to 6 , but this season has been sooooo fuckin enjoyable either way. Can’t go into nxt season relying on Antonio and Bowen, will never be in this position again if we do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I said on this thread that Everton would one difficult game.

They are dreadful at home,but they have the third best away record behind City and United,who have only lost one away game between them.On paper,they have better players than us and for me,have under achieved this year.

After Chelsea's win at City,it was out of our hands and defeat today means we now need a miracle for a CL spot.Europa League is our best hope.

It would not surprise me if the scousers now take the 4th spot.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Sun May 09, 2021 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:31 pm
palerider wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:26 pm

Can't blame Moyes for that one BD.

Gave it a good go. Just not enough up front.
Some people will blame Moyes for everything mate. :lol: Me .? I blame those nasty anti West Ham conspirators at the F A. And Sky. If that game had been played yesterday when it was raining we’d have got at least a draw. ;)
You are absolutely wasted on here Whiskyman..Go and get yourself a job at The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club.You will go down a scream there. ;)

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 pm
palerider wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:12 pm

I think it was.

Put it this way. If we'd have gone somewhere, played that well defensively, conceded 70% possession but won it 1-0, most if not all of us would be calling it a masterclass.

The lack of a proper target man cost us today. All very same-y.
Disagree mate. Quite a few would claim we “got lucky” with negative tactics. And many would be saying they wished we had gone for a more attacking manager———like Ancelotti. ———or maybe little Scotty. :lol: :lol:

Don’t believe me? If you can be arsed look back through some of the posts after some of our one nils.
After the Burnley win it appeared that we wanted it more than Burnley. Todays defeat looked like Everton wanted it more. Reality is, Ancelloti set them up very well and stifled us, in combination with our front three not playing as well as the Burnley game. Or being allowed to.

For some reason Everton can find performances like that away from home but struggle at Goodison.They lost to us 0-1.

It's all very weird and when we remember an excellent Chelsea team lost to relegated West Brom 2-5 recently, it's best to not dwell on the bad moments, which have been unusually slim this season.

Be nice to win the last three games and be even nicer if they are played with a bit of a flourish. Maybe with Declan returning we can revive the feel good levels of last week.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

mkhammer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:44 pm Fed up of these little sides parking the bus against us top 6 ..... :lol:

Played alright....any side would struggle a bit when you set up the way Everton did..3/5 with 2 sitters,bit like
how we started the season off, set up not to lose hoping to nick it...Ancelotti just said he's not interested in possession
football..interesting ,not sure I agree..
The games all about creating chances ..we didn't,so can't moan to much.
But the game still proved how much we have moved on under Moyes...sides prepared to shut up shop against us,never
seen that before.
Great season whatever happens now, 3 more wins,icing on the cake....and still pretty much in same boat ,leicester gotta lose
2, red scouse 1 for any chance of CL footie.....

Gutted for Lanza..didn't deserve that,hope not to bad,was playing really well again,always liked him.
We will be hoping and praying for a Man U double this week.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

We’ve struggled for years to break down any side that’s well organised defensively.

I think I preferred it when Moyes was respecting the point.
Bring back Jonathon !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:16 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:31 pm Let's face it.
When it came to the crunch, we shat out, again!
Totally disagree BB, Everton did a number on us, we didn’t get outplayed , just out defended. Be gutted if we don’t finish to 6 , but this season has been sooooo fuckin enjoyable either way. Can’t go into nxt season relying on Antonio and Bowen, will never be in this position again if we do.
No, not outplayed. But it's no coincidence that when we have chances to do something special, we consistently go and fuck it up. It happens time and time again. We should have buried arsenal, shit ourselves, Liverpool twice, shit ourselves, Man Utd, three times!, shit ourselves, Chelsea, shat ourselves and finally today, cacked our drawers. Personally I think it's Kevin Nolan, that's pulling this teams strings and not the bug eyed Jock. The cunts got no idea on how to combat certain styles, that's why he's never won fuck all.
Still while we've got owners like we have, he'll always have a job I suppose. He'll be good for a top 8 finish, but a complete and utter shit trousers when it comes to achieving anything of any note.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:10 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:16 pm

No, not outplayed. But it's no coincidence that when we have chances to do something special, we consistently go and fuck it up. It happens time and time again. We should have buried arsenal, shit ourselves, Liverpool twice, shit ourselves, Man Utd, three times!, shit ourselves, Chelsea, shat ourselves and finally today, cacked our drawers. Personally I think it's Kevin Nolan, that's pulling this teams strings and not the bug eyed Jock. The cunts got no idea on how to combat certain styles, that's why he's never won fuck all.
Still while we've got owners like we have, he'll always have a job I suppose. He'll be good for a top 8 finish, but a complete and utter shit trousers when it comes to achieving anything of any note.
‘Tis part of our DNA good sir.

Heed the words of our dirge——-just like my dreams they fade and die. ;)
Last edited by Whiskyman on Sun May 09, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Not good waking up to that result. Went to bed singing the conga song " We're all off to Europe, we're all off to Europe, la la lala, la la lala" . Maybe still going but not with the big boys.
If we qualified for the next tier down , do we keep the big six spuds out? Thats something to play for. :)

Quick edit. Posted same time as Whisky. When success comes, and one day it will, Bubbles will be sung with great gusto. Whether the likes of you, me and a few other old bastards will still be around to sing it is a different matter entirely.
Off to work, tata
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............