West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Was that Whisky I heard singing his heart out to our ever popular anthem... :lol: :lol:

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:14 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:10 pm

No, not outplayed. But it's no coincidence that when we have chances to do something special, we consistently go and fuck it up. It happens time and time again. We should have buried arsenal, shit ourselves, Liverpool twice, shit ourselves, Man Utd, three times!, shit ourselves, Chelsea, shat ourselves and finally today, cacked our drawers. Personally I think it's Kevin Nolan, that's pulling this teams strings and not the bug eyed Jock. The cunts got no idea on how to combat certain styles, that's why he's never won fuck all.
Still while we've got owners like we have, he'll always have a job I suppose. He'll be good for a top 8 finish, but a complete and utter shit trousers when it comes to achieving anything of any note.
‘Tis part of our DNA good sir.

Heed the words of our dirge——-just like my dreams they fade and die. ;)
Indeed it is, unfortunately :lol:
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:54 pm Was that Whisky I heard singing his heart out to our ever popular anthem... :lol: :lol:
I can assure you it was not Andy. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:01 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:58 pm

Cant really dig players out to much...Everton done a job on us...it happens,ball doesn't run for you...classy manager as well,
possession comment was disappointing from him tho...

I often think when sides play like that,and you can't break them down...go.. fuck all the clever stuff we'll start
launching it and bring AC on..... :lol:
Seriously tho cant go thru or around...go over the top..
What Ancelotti said about possession stats was bang on the money. Goals win games, not possession. As we have proved more often than not this season.
Think the difference is to be able to play and win with 35% possession cos your up against a better side,or set out to play
that way, relying on counters.
Goals come from creating chances the more possession and control of a game you have the more chances you will
create..
Reason why all the "Top Sides" have high possession rates...

But have to admit...theres plenty of games are won with 40% of the game,but you wont be winning any league titles
with 40% possession stats..

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:25 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:01 pm

What Ancelotti said about possession stats was bang on the money. Goals win games, not possession. As we have proved more often than not this season.
Think the difference is to be able to play and win with 35% possession cos your up against a better side,or set out to play
that way, relying on counters.
Goals come from creating chances the more possession and control of a game you have the more chances you will
create..
Reason why all the "Top Sides" have high possession rates...

But have to admit...theres plenty of games are won with 40% of the game,but you wont be winning any league titles
with 40% possession stats..
The exception I know, but Leicester did. I don’t usually bother too much with stats like that but I’d be surprised if their possession stats were much over 40.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

If this had been mid season without the expectation we have right now, I doubt many would be too upset.

Everton are inconsistent, hence their league position and one of their best players Richarlison is the personification of it - he and they decided to turn up and they won.

Lots of what ifs, if that was a fit Oggy in there instead of Dawson, if Dec was playing, if we had a striker like DCL, or if we even had a striker... they had 2 up top and bring on King - we bring on a broken Yarmo.

Another day Coufal's shot goes a inch to the right and its 1-1, Bowen is a foot further back and doesnt have to jump over Pickford for the rebound. If Benrahma's header goes in, or someone else is on that instead of him etc etc etc.

We played some nice tippy tappy stuff, it was quite end to end, some spicy challenges, the ref let the game flow until he got bored and remembered he had cards, a good one for the neutral. Everton just showed up and I dont think many would have beaten them.

After being 4th for quite a bit it is very disappointing not to get top 4, but the reality is we were only there because Chelsea & Liverpool were poor, never mind them and the goons. Now they are both picking up form, it is inevitable and 5th or 6th would still be an incredible achievement. Horrible to see, but Chelsea are a scary proposition under Teuchel and if he was there from the beginning, Chelsea being anywhere lower than 3rd would not be a question.

All I ask is we finish above the other two super league London elite clubs - and I think we will.