Stand by your man

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Stand by your man

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:17 pm
Newmarket wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:09 pm

F7D95F93-88D8-4E6D-9A3B-FF84BA1CE0F6.gif

:lol:
:lol: Somehow felt that was coming....
👍🏻 :D
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:17 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:55 am So we have a Manager Working for a shit control freak owner....No decent budget,cos said owner wont invest or part
with his dosh to help our club...A board of directors that couldn't run the proverbial piss up in a brewery.
A Manager that has arguably brought in 2 of among our best signings..EVER....Maybe 3...A Manager that has brought in staff,that has
created an amazing team spirit,poss best ever seen here...
A Manager That has transformed a Relegation side into knocking on door of the CL.....without Injuries would have been
nailed on...that's bordering on fact not opinion...
A Manager that backs his players up..A Manager with Passion and commitment ...a Manager with a vision,a realistic one.

We can disagree with team selections...set ups...how to play the game...I've done it with every single manager,thats
football...

Me Personally as a passionate West Ham fan think we should be right behind him...Understand and support him for what he has
given us..
I honestly don't know what is expected from a West Ham Manager,with the present regime in place.
I think what is expected depends on the fan mate. We’ve never had anything remotely resembling good ownership in my lifetime so I don’t think we can even totally single out the Dildo Twins.

Reckon there’s some of us who just accept that the season’s going to be a shit one. We enjoy the rare ones like this time because they’re so, well, rare. But there are the dewy eyed romantics who pine for this “West Ham way” thing . That group must be very old because I’m fucked if I can remember anything like consistently entertaining football since 1986.
Yeah couldn't agree more...for some reason we seem to have always had "iffy" owners......you might even say least present
ones are honest.... :lol: about draining money outta the club it's there to see,with a bit of working out...and they at least had one
attempt with Pellers funding to be halfway to getting it right..Previous owners have drained funds not so obviously.
But we're not on our own there,most clubs seem to have had or are having a problem with that side of things.
But like it or not the PLs about Money/Business now...and often admit to mates, and even on here ,me as a player,would
screw as much outta the system as I could......But as a Billionaire owner who is a genuine fan,I would absolute love to
spunk plenty into the club...there's a difference.

TBH I think the last thing most of us older fans want..Kids would be different..is for us to start winning the league every
year..we are what we are...and to be honest,some of my best times have been when we've dropped and played
in Div 2...going to different grounds in different parts of country talking and meeting their fans,and the "Fight" to get
back..prob made us what we are...Dedicated and Passionate.

"West Ham Way" just an historical thing..I don't mind it...usually it's outsiders on TV that bang on about that....
And it's a nod to Ted Fenton,Malclom Allison and the "Academy" and what they started.

I don't think this year is a one off personally....tell you why, because we're not playing that well at times,but still nicking
games that have put us in a CL spot...we've become hard to beat,so think there's a bit more to come...we had Micky
in every game...we'd be up there Leicester.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Should have had a more convincing win tonight which I guess will be a good enough reason for the Moyes baiters to start banging on about our boring style, negative approach and --yabber, yabber, yabber.

Let's see if Super Scotty's team of loanees can get a similar result against Burnley when they meet. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:39 pm Should have had a more convincing win tonight which I guess will be a good enough reason for the Moyes baiters to start banging on about our boring style, negative approach and --yabber, yabber, yabber.

Let's see if Super Scotty's team of loanees can get a similar result against Burnley when they meet. :lol:
Well tonight is an interesting one, was not a fan of Moyes and what I perceived as his negative approach to football. What I witnessed was the most attacking side ever, even the substitution he made has me happily admitting that he looks like he has the ability to do something different.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ironworksfc wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:00 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:39 pm Should have had a more convincing win tonight which I guess will be a good enough reason for the Moyes baiters to start banging on about our boring style, negative approach and --yabber, yabber, yabber.

Well tonight is an interesting one, was not a fan of Moyes and what I perceived as his negative approach to football. What I witnessed was the most attacking side ever, even the substitution he made has me happily admitting that he looks like he has the ability to do something different.
Moyes wouldn't have been my choice if it had been my decision. However one thing cannot be denied. We are no longer a team that will roll over as soon as the going gets tough. This season has a feel as if the culture of the club is somehow changing into a more professional one. Will it last ? Fucked if I know but I'm enjoying it while it does.

Personally I think it will all fall to bits as soon as fans are allowed back in numbers. We've read comments like "we won't get away with it next season" and "the fans wouldn't tolerate that" which gives us an indication of what to expect as soon as things start to go wrong in games next season,. Sad imo, but, I fear inevitable because if these forums are any sort of guide there are a significant number who are dissatisfied with the manager. Certainly enough to make themselves heard.

And that's before we factor in the dissatisfaction with the owners where levels of animosity are, understandably, much higher.

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:17 pm
Newmarket wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:09 pm

F7D95F93-88D8-4E6D-9A3B-FF84BA1CE0F6.gif

:lol:
:lol: Somehow felt that was coming....
That’s what she said
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

mkhammer wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:55 am So we have a Manager Working for a shit control freak owner....No decent budget,cos said owner wont invest or part
with his dosh to help our club...A board of directors that couldn't run the proverbial piss up in a brewery.
A Manager that has arguably brought in 2 of among our best signings..EVER....Maybe 3...A Manager that has brought in staff,that has
created an amazing team spirit,poss best ever seen here...
A Manager That has transformed a Relegation side into knocking on door of the CL.....without Injuries would have been
nailed on...that's bordering on fact not opinion...
A Manager that backs his players up..A Manager with Passion and commitment ...a Manager with a vision,a realistic one.

We can disagree with team selections...set ups...how to play the game...I've done it with every single manager,thats
football...

Me Personally as a passionate West Ham fan think we should be right behind him...Understand and support him for what he has
given us..
I honestly don't know what is expected from a West Ham Manager,with the present regime in place.
I think what is expected depends on the fan mate. We’ve never had anything remotely resembling good ownership in my lifetime so I don’t think we can even totally single out the Dildo Twins.

Reckon there’s some of us who just accept that the season’s going to be a shit one. We enjoy the rare ones like this time because they’re so, well, rare. But there are the dewy eyed romantics who pine for this “West Ham way” thing . That group must be very old because I’m fucked if I can remember anything like consistently entertaining football since 1986.
For the majority of the time,I fully agree about the ownership.

On occasions THEY have surprised.We actually broke the World Record TWICE for signing a goalkeeper,Ferguson and Parkes.We paid out big fees for good players under Lyall,eg Paul Goddard ,but admit the board let him down after 1986's 3rd place.

You can't say you have not been entertained this season?Even if you have been left on the edge of your seat at times..There has also been some dull stuff too on occasions too,but even Man U under Fergie,we see that..

Bilic in 2016 and some of the Redknapp years were good to watch has well,even though we did take some good hidings too.

The best Football I ever see West Ham play is the 1980/81 team..Devonshire and Brooking,poetry in motion.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Tue May 04, 2021 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:36 am

On occasions THEY have surprised.We actually broke the World Record TWICE for signing a goalkeeper,Ferguson and Parkes.We paid out big fees for good players under Lyall,eg Paul Goddard ,but admit the board let him down after 1986's 3rd place.

You can't say you have been entertained this season?Even if you have been left on the edge of your seat at times..There has also been some dull stuff too on occasions too,but even Man U under Fergie,we see that..

Bilic in 2016 and some of the Redknapp years were good to watch has well,even though we did take some good hidings too.

The best Football I ever see West Ham play is the 1980/81 team..Devonshire and Brooking,poetry in motion.
You will find 'poetry in motion' quickly become jumbled words and only dyslexics truly appreciate it...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:36 am

You can't say you have been entertained this season?Even if you have been left on the edge of your seat at times..There has also been some dull stuff too on occasions too,but even Man U under Fergie,we see that..

I bloody well can say I've been entertained this season. And tbh I don't see what people have got to complain about . The only game where I think Moyes' tactics have probably cost us was the infamous home game against Brighton. I agree we could have been more adventurous in a few other games, maybe miost notably Liverpool at home, but we can't be certain the result would have been different. Surely even the Moyes baiters would have bitten your hand off if offered 58 points after 34 games.

There were some entertaining games under Redknapp. How could there not have been with diCanio around the place to liven things up. But "some of the Redknapp years" ? :o :o I don't think so. Seat of the pants transfer policy, average and sub standard players brought in simply because they were available. Pretty much all my "happy highlights" of Twitchy's time involved the mad Italian but there are also too many recollections of capitulating against Wimbledon after being 3 up and getting stuffed 4-0 at home by Everton & Sheffield Wednesday in quick succession. And that's before we mention the Omoyinmi fiasco.

Bilic's year I'll give you, but imo that was more to do with Payet rather than a particularly entertaining style of team play. Much like diCanio in fact.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I must admit that I would like to see Tammy Abrahams at West Ham. TBH, I think he would be a good fit for us. Having said that, I do however feel that 40-45 million is a tad on the high side for a player not getting a regular start for his club side.
Flairon