Stand by your man

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Stand by your man

Post by garnett »

Through gritted teeth another year, anymore than that they will have to pay to get shot of the cunt.
He isn`t my vision of next level, he has got away with it this season.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

garnett wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:22 am Through gritted teeth another year, anymore than that they will have to pay to get shot of the cunt.
I’m inclined to agree to an extent but , as you say another year , to prove this season isn’t a fluke , is about right .
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

He definitely not my choice.

But has done a great job with both hands tied behind his back.
So for that he is entitled to a new 1-2 years contract and I will fully support him.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:43 am Moyes strikes me as a manager that performs better (pound for pound) with limited funding. He scrimps and saves (and transforms) better than he spends.
Nah its because he is a ditherer , just cannot make his mind up quick enough , we have all seen it with substitutions or lack of them . Transforms , who ? .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:13 am
garnett wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:06 am Morning, reaching his managerial peak apparently after 23 years, be interesting to see how he copes with the meagre picking he will be given and all the under achieving clubs coming back to form.

Should have took the celtic job while it was open to try to break his managerial duck.
Morning .
Garn , you’re the only one I know of that dislikes the manky Scots git more than I do .
Do you not feel though , that considering who he is working for , results-wise he deserves a new contract ?
Whoa there big boy , if we are evaluating the dislike certain fans have for our ginger bug eyed boss I would really like to be included , as I have had a long time aversion to the kilted wonder .
But will certainly state here and now that he does deserve a new contract and a far better transfer budget in the summer than the rumoured £50m , their I said it while feeling under much duress 😝.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

garnett wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:22 am Through gritted teeth another year, anymore than that they will have to pay to get shot of the cunt.
I am in total agreement with you .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

We all know Moyes isn't Guardiola in a kilt but, ffs, what sort of season did we expect ? We have always, even before the present ownership, been run as a cheap sideshow, not as the main event. Every so often we over achieve. Redknapp finished 5th one season, amid the rest of his years of mediocrity, FFS even Roeder got us up to 7th place, as did Bilic, but the rest of the time what have we ever done ? The expression Fuck All comes readily to mind.

Some will talk about entertainment and the mythical West Ham way. But when have we seen that on a consistent level since 1985/86.? And of course the question does need to be asked. Apart from relegation bound Scott Parker we rarely if ever see the names of potential replacements for Moyes mentioned. Where exactly do we think West Ham should be in football's hierarchy ?

And maybe more to the point with moaning fuckers like us lot potentially on the back of any manager we get in and an ownership despised by the fan base and ,by all accounts, most of the football world, who, in their right mind, would want the gig ? Maybe young Scott when he gets the push at the end of the season, but I wouldn't expect a queue of high quality candidates tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Towie wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:47 am He definitely not my choice.

But has done a great job with both hands tied behind his back.
So for that he is entitled to a new 1-2 years contract and I will fully support him.
Totally agree , though supporting him is hard for me just do not like his demeanour , selections , tactics , subs or dithering but at least we have owners who want the best for the club .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

So we have a Manager Working for a shit control freak owner....No decent budget,cos said owner wont invest or part
with his dosh to help our club...A board of directors that couldn't run the proverbial piss up in a brewery.
A Manager that has arguably brought in 2 of among our best signings..EVER....Maybe 3...A Manager that has brought in staff,that has
created an amazing team spirit,poss best ever seen here...
A Manager That has transformed a Relegation side into knocking on door of the CL.....without Injuries would have been
nailed on...that's bordering on fact not opinion...
A Manager that backs his players up..A Manager with Passion and commitment ...a Manager with a vision,a realistic one.

We can disagree with team selections...set ups...how to play the game...I've done it with every single manager,thats
football...

Me Personally as a passionate West Ham fan think we should be right behind him...Understand and support him for what he has
given us..
I honestly don't know what is expected from a West Ham Manager,with the present regime in place.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I suspect this summer's dealings will be like the 'Time on our hands' episode in Only Fools and Horses.

Rodney says to Boycie....That Rolls Royce. I want to buy it.

Boycie replies, that's a good one Rodney. What drugs are you on today ?

Only in our case the dwarf hasn't found the fabled Lesser Watch, and Sotheby's haven't auctioned Felipe for 70 million.