Man Utd protest

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Man Utd protest

Post by JayK »

Made me chuckle
Attachments
27EEC9E7-954C-4AAE-9BFB-63EA04365D8A.jpeg
27EEC9E7-954C-4AAE-9BFB-63EA04365D8A.jpeg (193.53 KiB) Viewed 799 times
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:41 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:58 pm Sensational Revelation

Football club owners buy clubs to make money

:o :o :o
They made money Pre PL too Whiskyman or have you forgot about that?

The owners now are not only here just to make money,they are here to make a fortune.
....which is their right as business men. You are blaming the wrong people. If someone offers you a fortune and you have the money to invest then you would be an idiot to turn your back on it.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the Premier League. They made this glossy product, raised its value to stratospheric levels by marketing 1 or two global supported clubs who mostly play in red and then punted it out to the highest bidder. It was at that time that they made it clear they prefer fans in Dubai, China and America than here. That s why they play these ridiculous pre and post season tours while complaining of too many games in the competitions the players are paid to play in.

The owners saw it was a guaranteed cash cow and took advantage....most people would do the same.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:29 am

The owners now are not only here just to make money,they are here to make a fortune.
....which is their right as business men. You are blaming the wrong people. If someone offers you a fortune and you have the money to invest then you would be an idiot to turn your back on it.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the Premier League. They made this glossy product, raised its value to stratospheric levels by marketing 1 or two global supported clubs who mostly play in red and then punted it out to the highest bidder. It was at that time that they made it clear they prefer fans in Dubai, China and America than here. That s why they play these ridiculous pre and post season tours while complaining of too many games in the competitions the players are paid to play in.

The owners saw it was a guaranteed cash cow and took advantage....most people would do the same.
The game has been taken away from the real people that make Football the game it is.

The main reason the PL is so popular is that the fans always filled the stadiums.Go to any other League in the world and there will be plenty of empty spaces.You could have Burnley v West Ham and you would not have far from a full house.You won't get that anywhere else.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

JayK wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:16 amMade me chuckle
I still can't work why Norwich fans had to carry the bag of flares that were thrown.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:45 am

The game has been taken away from the real people that make Football the game it is.

The main reason the PL is so popular is that the fans always filled the stadiums.Go to any other League in the world and there will be plenty of empty spaces.You could have Burnley v West Ham and you would not have far from a full house.You won't get that anywhere else.
Germany ? Spain ? Pretty much most of the top league games there are full. Main reason the PL is popular is , at least imo, the fact there are more teams in it which have a shout at challenging for the title. OK at the moment there's probably only 4 but that's one more than in Spain, notwithstanding Sevilla's excellent effort this time, and 3 more than the Bundesliga can offer.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

As business men absolutely correct, make money make more money. But this was more about protecting the golden goose and fuck everyone else, supporters, fans and all the other clubs. And its those three that put them there. Bit them all on the arse this time around but now the seeds have been sown its only a matter of time before it happens . Premier league sold its soul to tv. And now with empty stadiums tv has proven its the king.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:04 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:45 am

Germany ? Spain ? Pretty much most of the top league games there are full. Main reason the PL is popular is , at least imo, the fact there are more teams in it which have a shout at challenging for the title. OK at the moment there's probably only 4 but that's one more than in Spain, notwithstanding Sevilla's excellent effort this time, and 3 more than the Bundesliga can offer.
Germany ,yes,I actually was going to put that in.(my mind ain't what it was :lol: ,but tbh,I haven't see many games between the lower teams in the Bundesliga)...Spain,only if it features the big 2..Otherwise the grounds are only half full.

JayK

Post by JayK »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:50 am
JayK wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:16 amMade me chuckle
I still can't work why Norwich fans had to carry the bag of flares that were thrown.
:lol:
Stuck in the 70’s maybe?
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:33 am
tassiehammer wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:50 am

:lol:
Stuck in the 70’s maybe?
I had a pair of them once.
In a strong wind, you could reach Tokyo in no time!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

h69

Post by h69 »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:10 am

As business men absolutely correct, make money make more money. But this was more about protecting the golden goose and fuck everyone else, supporters, fans and all the other clubs. And its those three that put them there. Bit them all on the arse this time around but now the seeds have been sown its only a matter of time before it happens . Premier league sold its soul to tv. And now with empty stadiums tv has proven its the king.
I agree as far as the ESL was concerned. This was no sport really, but the Man Utd protests have been going on far longer than that.

The Premier League simply made our league more palatable because they went on a marketing blitz around the US, Asia and Middle East and hoovered up so much money from TV rights as well as producing what is a slick offering by SKY. They changed KO times and promoted tours of the Far East, USA and Oz to get more live games and it suddenly with all the money flowing in and the amount of foreign players bought with that money, it became the shiniest, most watched League on the planet as opposed to a sport some people were scared to attend in half empty dilapidated stadia in the 70s and 80s.

I don't disagree with anything you say Terry but the owners just took advantage of what was an obvious cash cow. The Premier League created this....it is their fault and it is THEM that took the game away from fans like you and me that travel up and down the country and attend games....we are what they call legacy fans....the new fan is the fan who is up at 4am GMT in the Far East to watch a Carabao cup draw in Vietnam or Chinese and American subscribers getting more money through PPV.

The premier league has now felt sky don't have enough so they fleece us even more by expecting fans to have BT Sport, Amazon, Sky in order to watch live games. It is great business and you can see why they did it.

As for the ESL, that was an abomination and goes against everything I believe in sport but the Premier League started this and they have to take some blame.

And don't kid yourself that they need fans in stadia. The viewing figures are huge even with no fans at present.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-02 at 20.07.06 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-02 at 20.07.06 (1).jpeg (35.12 KiB) Viewed 772 times