Man Utd protest

Chat about anything football related here!
Ironworksfc

Re: Man Utd protest

Post by Ironworksfc »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:31 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:47 pm

Of course I haven’t forgotten about it. They had to be worth billions to buy the gig in the first place. As will Man United’s next owners. And ours of course. Oh, and Arsenal’s.

Do you see the pattern that’s emerging .? Don’t think it’s me that’s forgetting anything mate. :lol:
Football has lost it`s roots mate, especially in England.

The PL has created a monster and i have said this before,I would love to see the whole thing go bust.

Let`s go back to sensible wages,affordable football and owners that have an interest in Football aye.
All seater stadiums completely destroyed affordable football
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Towie

Post by Towie »

Wonder if Red Mancs will get fined or points deducted?

We got 100k fine for Burnley game, let’s see what they get shall we?

I won’t hold my breath.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Towie wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:08 am Wonder if Red Mancs will get fined or points deducted?

I won’t hold my breath.
Different issues here. The Burnley game had customers who paid to gain admittance and were classified as club supporters.

The people who gate crashed into Old Trafford didn't pay and were classified as criminal elements. Not supporters. Therefore the club is not responsible
and no charges can be brought against it. Bit like a burgler breaking in. Your not held accountable for the crime.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:35 am
Towie wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:08 am Wonder if Red Mancs will get fined or points deducted?

I won’t hold my breath.
Different issues here. The Burnley game had customers who paid to gain admittance and were classified as club supporters.

The people who gate crashed into Old Trafford didn't pay and were classified as criminal elements. Not supporters. Therefore the club is not responsible
and no charges can be brought against it. Bit like a burgler breaking in. Your not held accountable for the crime.
Correct. There were of course many true United fans at the protest behaving themselves but those who broke the law were not fans as they came from Manchester.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:00 am

Correct. There were of course many true United fans at the protest behaving themselves but those who broke the law were not fans as they came from Manchester.
:lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I won’t hold my breath.
Different circumstances though wasn't it ? The Burnley fiasco was during a game, which was disrupted. I'd be more interested to see if the OB decide that some of the many covid rules about gatherings were broken yesterday,.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

The powers can`t just leave it, they have to make an example of them, our protests outside the ground is an example of how it should be done, that said, owners will not leave if they don`t want to, as we have found out.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:12 am

I won’t hold my breath.
Different circumstances though wasn't it ? The Burnley fiasco was during a game, which was disrupted. I'd be more interested to see if the OB decide that some of the many covid rules about gatherings were broken yesterday,.
Our lot were branded Hooligans yet the media are praising yesterday’s theatrics as fucking heroes.
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

I won’t hold my breath.

Off course different circumstances, but their fans actions led to a game being postponed. Action needs to be taken just because of this.

When our fans accidentally launched bottles at the Man Utd bus we were all tarnished as rioters and Thugs.

Mancs storm a stadium, set of flares, threw bottles etc, and are hailed as guardians of football.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:12 am

I won’t hold my breath.
Yesterday’s game was more than disrupted it was postponed!
The Mancs would already have known a protest was to have taken place and were ill prepared. Sanctions need to be taken, won’t happen though.