Man Utd protest

Chat about anything football related here!
only1salty

Re: Man Utd protest

Post by only1salty »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:04 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:45 am

The game has been taken away from the real people that make Football the game it is.

The main reason the PL is so popular is that the fans always filled the stadiums.Go to any other League in the world and there will be plenty of empty spaces.You could have Burnley v West Ham and you would not have far from a full house.You won't get that anywhere else.
Germany ? Spain ? Pretty much most of the top league games there are full. Main reason the PL is popular is , at least imo, the fact there are more teams in it which have a shout at challenging for the title. OK at the moment there's probably only 4 but that's one more than in Spain, notwithstanding Sevilla's excellent effort this time, and 3 more than the Bundesliga can offer.
You are well off on this one. Spanish grounds are half empty. Even Real Madrid average 50,000 attendance in the 85,000 seater Bernabau.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:57 am
JayK wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:33 am

:lol:
Stuck in the 70’s maybe?
I had a pair of them once.
In a strong wind, you could reach Tokyo in no time!
:lol: And just think, you only needed to reach Harrow to find the same like minded people as in Japan
COYI!!!

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:33 pm I am with them.

These owners aren't fans,they are in it to pocket has much money as possible.
For them it is a business, so should we really expect anything different!?!
Flairon

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Thing is when money comes into a club by way of rich owners it also brings some level of success,so in a way they are
entitled to use the club in a way that suits them...PR/Vanity/Make a few bob..get that..
But you must never forget you are custodians for a time period...long term, short term,but custodians nonetheless..
And are responsible for things beyond just profit margins...if you can't do that take your money elsewhere,cos TBH theres
far easier ways to make money than by investing it in footie clubs....who the fuck buys something to make money when
wage are sucking 80% of profits.

But what bugs me with ours...it's purely Vanity and sneaking a few bucks out of us..while waiting for the big hit....potentially..
To take us over as "Fans" on a non profit making business plan..which they stated...then straight away set up repayment
of loans at a 7% interest rate...Ashley gets slagged of he Loans the Geordies at 0% as does the guy at Brighton..Tony Bloom.
Blooms a Fan in the true sense.....Club first...wait for the profits to come,don't hinder growth,by sucking profits out early
doors.

"Protesters"...... :lol: .........
Me as Chief of Police have everyone of them on some charge..there's about 20 different ones can get them on..
Jail Time for a couple of em...Twats....

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

only1salty wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:46 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:04 am

Germany ? Spain ? Pretty much most of the top league games there are full. Main reason the PL is popular is , at least imo, the fact there are more teams in it which have a shout at challenging for the title. OK at the moment there's probably only 4 but that's one more than in Spain, notwithstanding Sevilla's excellent effort this time, and 3 more than the Bundesliga can offer.
You are well off on this one. Spanish grounds are half empty. Even Real Madrid average 50,000 attendance in the 85,000 seater Bernabau.
Don't think that's strictly true. As you are probably aware attendance figures in Spain for reasons unknown tend to exclude members (socios) who don't actually pay on the day. I usually only watch the weekly highlights round up, as I do with the Bundesliga, and I rarely notice large numbers of vacant seats at matches.

I think the overall competitiveness of the PL is the reason it is in demand by broadcasters. Because there are 4 clubs who may realistically be considered title contenders it is more compelling than La Liga and , particularly, the Bundesliga.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:30 pm
only1salty wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:46 pm

Don't think that's strictly true. As you are probably aware attendance figures in Spain for reasons unknown tend to exclude members (socios) who don't actually pay on the day. I usually only watch the weekly highlights round up, as I do with the Bundesliga, and I rarely notice large numbers of vacant seats at matches.

I think the overall competitiveness of the PL is the reason it is in demand by broadcasters. Because there are 4 clubs who may realistically be considered title contenders it is more compelling than La Liga and , particularly, the Bundesliga.
Hey Whiskyman,I am sure it was you that said to me that the Glaziers were good owners,when I criticized the way they had brought the club and loaded them with Debt?Or did I dream it? ;)

I apologise in advance if I'm incorrect.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:35 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:30 pm

Hey Whiskyman,I am sure it was you that said to me that the Glaziers were good owners,when I criticized the way they had brought the club and loaded them with Debt?Or did I dream it? ;)

I certainly didn't say they were good owners. What I did say was that the Man United board had always allowed their managers to flash the cash in the transfer market. I think you'd said something about Man United being unable to compete properly in the transfer market because of their debt. Some people may consider that all owners have to do to be labelled "good" is to allow a manager to spend as much as he likes. But I'm not one of those people.

And it's Glazers btw. A glazier is the bloke you call if someone lobs a brick through your window. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:23 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:35 pm

I certainly didn't say they were good owners. What I did say was that the Man United board had always allowed their managers to flash the cash in the transfer market. I think you'd said something about Man United being unable to compete properly in the transfer market because of their debt. Some people may consider that all owners have to do to be labelled "good" is to allow a manager to spend as much as he likes. But I'm not one of those people.

And it's Glazers btw. A glazier is the bloke you call if someone lobs a brick through your window. ;)
Thanks for the English lesson :lol:

Thing is Whiskyman,it has cost the club nearly a billion/over a billion(different reports) in Interest.That is a hell of a lot of money.

Maybe with that type of money,they could have got Pep in,signed Messi and kept Ronaldo?

In the years the 'Not window men' ;) have been there,Manchester Utd have generated more money than any other Football Club in the world,so they should be having the very best.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:51 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:23 am

Thanks for the English lesson :lol:

Thing is Whiskyman,it has cost the club nearly a billion/over a billion(different reports) in Interest.That is a hell of a lot of money.

Maybe with that type of money,they could have got Pep in,signed Messi and kept Ronaldo?

In the years the 'Not window men' ;) have been there,Manchester Utd have generated more money than any other Football Club in the world,so they should be having the very best.
And they could be, had they not let the Moyesiah go...

HammerJammer

Post by HammerJammer »

Have to say this is something you don't see every day on espn soccernet:

Quite how no spectators managed to riot is not clear…
Last edited by HammerJammer on Wed May 05, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click here and enter 9898 to block the TottenScum Troll