Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: What positions do we need to fill in the summer? Who to get rid off? Who do you want signed?

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:09 pm
palerider wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:07 pm So many IF's BD but fear not, all is under control.

Junior slug is firing up Football Manager 2021 as we speak.
Junior slug :lol:
Does Allardyce have a son ? :D

I’d love to see / read that Anderson quote .

Have you a source BD ?
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Re: What positions do we need to fill in the summer? Who to get rid off? Who do you want signed?

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:11 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:09 pm
Junior slug :lol:
Does Allardyce have a son ? :D

I’d love to see / read that Anderson quote .

Have you a source BD ?
Rest assured NM the article was April 2020 - I read it on the official site which is plastered with the latest result (last week) but the actual article was 2020...why do they do that ?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:04 am
palerider wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:53 am Do you like riddles ?

I love a riddle.

To get the old grey matter in gear this fine Sunday why not sit down with your morning coffee with this easy brainteaser.

Simply take the first letter from the Christian names of the following players, all of whom we've been linked with over the last few months to reveal the name of West Ham's new striker next season.

Good luck.

Corentin Tolisso
Ross Barkley
Odsonne Edouard
Uriel Antuna
Chris Wood
Houssem Aouar
Youssef El Nesyri
Very good sir 👍🏻

This upcoming transfer window is a defining one .

It’ll show us once and for all the ambition that the Dwarf Cunt has for the club .
Will he invest in an attempt to really push on next season ?

I think we already know the answer to that one as Leopards do not change their spots.
However we have to give him one more opportunity to make good his inane promises of 11 years ago .

As for Moyes , I give up :D

He ain’t going anywhere and even if I dislike the way he goes about a lot of things , I finally admit that he has to be given the opportunity to continue what he has started to build.

Incoming required and actual incomings will , as usual be vastly different and inevitably leave us short .

I’m convinced Moyes would prefer playing a back 4 which has to mean he’ll surely be targeting a quality CB and a quality LB that can actually defend .

I’ve been banging on about it for 3 years but my argument still stands .
Cresswell and Masuaku are ok in a 5 but we can’t keep having 2 (and sometimes 3 , see Fornals) players covering for each other’s inadequacies all the time.

New striker is a given though we NEED 2.

Cover/competition for Declan and Soucek HAS to be a priority too.

Then we have the Lingard conundrum.

It’ll be a huge % , maybe most of any Dwarf budget .
As good as Lingard has been ....
Ask yourself this question ?
Prior to the January window , what’s the LAST area of the squad that needed improving ?

Imo Benrahma , with his few assists was coming on ok .

Nothing special but people were moaning about Fornals 18 months ago .

I reckon we would still have been up there or thereabouts if Lingard hadn’t shown up and a loan striker had .

It’s all about opinions of course , but in mine it’s not just a question of whether the Midget invests or not it’s also a question of what Moyes does with it.

It’ll certainly make for an interesting summer that’s for sure.

And the nearer we get to the end of the season the nearer we get to me making this the official transfer window thread.

Just saying :lol:
Numbers was the only one I can recall criticising Fornals and I think we can all agree he knows the square root of fuck all about the game. The criticisms of Benrahma are more widespread and in the main have more substance than the numbers style of “Fornals is shit”.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:55 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:04 am

Very good sir 👍🏻

This upcoming transfer window is a defining one .

It’ll show us once and for all the ambition that the Dwarf Cunt has for the club .
Will he invest in an attempt to really push on next season ?

I think we already know the answer to that one as Leopards do not change their spots.
However we have to give him one more opportunity to make good his inane promises of 11 years ago .

As for Moyes , I give up :D

He ain’t going anywhere and even if I dislike the way he goes about a lot of things , I finally admit that he has to be given the opportunity to continue what he has started to build.

Incoming required and actual incomings will , as usual be vastly different and inevitably leave us short .

I’m convinced Moyes would prefer playing a back 4 which has to mean he’ll surely be targeting a quality CB and a quality LB that can actually defend .

I’ve been banging on about it for 3 years but my argument still stands .
Cresswell and Masuaku are ok in a 5 but we can’t keep having 2 (and sometimes 3 , see Fornals) players covering for each other’s inadequacies all the time.

New striker is a given though we NEED 2.

Cover/competition for Declan and Soucek HAS to be a priority too.

Then we have the Lingard conundrum.

It’ll be a huge % , maybe most of any Dwarf budget .
As good as Lingard has been ....
Ask yourself this question ?
Prior to the January window , what’s the LAST area of the squad that needed improving ?

Imo Benrahma , with his few assists was coming on ok .

Nothing special but people were moaning about Fornals 18 months ago .

I reckon we would still have been up there or thereabouts if Lingard hadn’t shown up and a loan striker had .

It’s all about opinions of course , but in mine it’s not just a question of whether the Midget invests or not it’s also a question of what Moyes does with it.

It’ll certainly make for an interesting summer that’s for sure.

And the nearer we get to the end of the season the nearer we get to me making this the official transfer window thread.

Just saying :lol:
Numbers was the only one I can recall criticising Fornals and I think we can all agree he knows the square root of fuck all about the game. The criticisms of Benrahma are more widespread and in the main have more substance than the numbers style of “Fornals is shit”.
Numbers described Fornals as an 'atrocious footballer' and atrocious means horrifyingly wicked. So perhaps your description of his personage 'knowing the square root of fuck all' doesn't fully embrace how dense he actually is.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:29 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:55 pm

Numbers described Fornals as an 'atrocious footballer' and atrocious means horrifyingly wicked. So perhaps your description of his personage 'knowing the square root of fuck all' doesn't fully embrace how dense he actually is.
That’s as may be , I was referring to a wider cross section of the fan base , other message boards , social media , the press etc . I , and most on here , 69 included , knew it would take time for Fornals to settle in .

Plenty were not convinced.
Very similar treatment to Benrahma now in fact only this time I’m amongst the unconvinced.
Anyway , back on topic , anything to say re my opinions on the upcoming window?
Bring back Jonathon !

Secretariat73

Post by Secretariat73 »

Don't think there'll be a big-priced signing - looking forward to whatever bargains Moyes unearths.

OUT (£50m): Haller £20m, Randolph £0m, Martin? £0m, Reid £0m, Balbuena £0m, Yarmolenko £5m, Lanzini £10m, Andersen £15m.

IN (£72m): Dawson £2.5m, Lingard £17.5m, Johnstone £10m, Gudmundsson £6m, Andersen £15m, Hlozek £15m, Hee-Chan £6m.

GK: Sam Johnstone (WBA) or Alphonse Areola (FUL/PSG)
LB: Gabriel Gudmundsson (FC Groningen) - he's 21, check him out, just check him out (Man City are sniffing)
CB: Joachim Andersen (FUL/LYO)
CM: Alex Kral would be great???
ST: Adam Hlozek (SPA)
ST: Hwang Hee-Chan (RBL)

Possible Outs: Antonio, Masuaku, Diop.

Gudmundsson, he's a bit quick:

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Had a beer or4 and can't be fucked going through the posts so don't know if they're mentioned. But get rid... G, S and their floosy. Get.. some cunt with loadsa money who grew up loving the hammers,.. hang about...
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:30 am Had a beer or4 and can't be fucked going through the posts so don't know if they're mentioned. But get rid... G, S and their floosy. Get.. some cunt with loadsa money who grew up loving the hammers,.. hang about...
Two years mate.

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

It´s very simple what we need

A left back comfortable in a back 4, commanding centre back, someone to compete and cover for Rice and Soucek, LINGARD and 2 strikers.

This will cost so Daves NOW IS THE TIME TO SPEND PROPERLY!

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

If Moyes was telling the truth today in his interview about signing only 2 players these players have got to be a striker for the first eleven and a CM to increase the depth in centre midfield.

I take it he was talking about 2 other than Lingard and henwill be signed, that must be the first priority

Sell Yarmolenko (he´s our highest earner, he does not justify that.) Give/pay off Winston Reid

Keep anyone else they will be needed in a season with European football

So the most important signing in our history (I truly mean that) is which striker will we sign, their are quite a few options. Apparently Abraham is too pricey, El Nesyri, Hlozek, Sima, Toney, Edouard & Belotti have all been linked

Some very good players on that list.

Then the attention must go to the centre midfield

Kral, Tolisso, Maitland-Niles, Yangel Herrera and Sander Berge have all been linked with a move here

To have the option to send on another battling midfielder when holding on to a lead will be crucial with the new CM and Rice and Soucek wont play every game due to congested fixture list next season and (God forbid) injuries.

What do you think? Do you agree with my priorities ?

whufc_crest