Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: The summer transfer rumours thread

Post by palerider »

hd1 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:30 am
palerider wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:27 am So United's price for Lingard is 30m. He doesn't want to play for us anyway as he wants CL football.

But we've been priced out of the market at 30m.

That shows where we'll be shopping in the Summer.
It must be true as well as well as it was on twitter
Who knows ?

My own view is that Jesse's enjoyed himself but has used us to get his career back on track. Can't argue with that. But what I am convinced about is that Statler and Waldorf will do the usual, fuck clubs about over prices of transfer targets and end up with third or fourth choices.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:42 am
hd1 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:30 am
It must be true as well as well as it was on twitter
Who knows ?

My own view is that Jesse's enjoyed himself but has used us to get his career back on track. Can't argue with that. But what I am convinced about is that Statler and Waldorf will do the usual, fuck clubs about over prices of transfer targets and end up with third or fourth choices.
So are you saying we can expect a £10 million plus Ryan Fredericks bid for Harry Kane then ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:51 am
palerider wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:42 am

Who knows ?

So are you saying we can expect a £10 million plus Ryan Fredericks bid for Harry Kane then ?
:lol: :lol:

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I read this morning that Moyes?is looking to sign 4 players. Chief amongst them is of course a striker (we should looking to sign at least 2 imo). He is apparently also looking to sign a centre midfielder, a centre Back and a left back.
Flairon

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:48 am
Watcher wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:44 am
To je ale stará kunda.

Vysoko na seznamu náhradníků to neznamená, že se blíží podpis.
Fucking concur with all of that. Absolutely hit the nail on the head.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

palerider wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:27 am So United's price for Lingard is 30m. He doesn't want to play for us anyway as he wants CL football.

No one should be surprised by the fact we will be duty free shopping in Eastern Europe.

Lingard is well over priced if they want £30m. I would rather he wanted to play here or went to Leicester and played Champions League football. You need players who are desperate to play at our level and if he isn't, get someone else.

We are still in a pandemic. Fans haven't entered a stadium (fully) yet and clubs need to be realistic with their valuations or sit on unhappy players.

There will be bargains all over France, Italy and Spain where there are even greater financial difficulties.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

agree with what Salty said

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

only1salty wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:18 am

No one should be surprised by the fact we will be duty free shopping in Eastern Europe.

Lingard is well over priced if they want £30m. I would rather he wanted to play here or went to Leicester and played Champions League football. You need players who are desperate to play at our level and if he isn't, get someone else.

We are still in a pandemic. Fans haven't entered a stadium (fully) yet and clubs need to be realistic with their valuations or sit on unhappy players.

There will be bargains all over France, Italy and Spain where there are even greater financial difficulties.
and don´t forget the Czech!

Completely agree with you, Lingard is 28 and 30 million for him is too much.

I wouldn´t be unhappy if we did all our business this window abroad

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Lingard is not priced at £30m or anywhere near, people are making numbers up in their heads :lol:

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

HD1

Agree with that BUT there will two or three clubs playing wankers just to cause a problem , thinking of the yids as they will just get involved to start a bidding war with little intention of being there when the hammer comes down so would not surprise it being north of £20 mill and could easily be close to the dreaded £30 mill think we should walk away if more than £20 mill but it’s not my money but we need a few players not just one