Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by OZHAMMER »

Caboose wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:56 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:39 pm

Kral - after the Euros, his stock must be down. A loan is a good option for the club. Here’s hoping my first impression of him was wrong.
Fucking hell stick to talking about what you know about. Kane was shit in the Euros. Mbappe was shit in the Euros. Dont mean there shit players does it. Messi was pretty shit in the last world cup i think. You reckon hes shit too.
Relax mate. Nothing to get worked up over.

(And it wasn’t me who said Messi was shit - not sure who you’re thinking of)

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Am at a loss to understand the logic, behind failing to sign a Striker and then sending your best U23 Forward out on loan. Very disappointed by that reality.
Flairon

coburn

Post by coburn »

Flairon wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:49 am Am at a loss to understand the logic, behind failing to sign a Striker and then sending your best U23 Forward out on loan. Very disappointed by that reality.
Generally some positive transfers with Zouma an Vlasic, but i can´t understand not sigining a forward alternative to Antonio? :?:

We can hope, that MA will have no injuries during this season.

palerider

Post by palerider »

coburn wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:20 am
Flairon wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:49 am Am at a loss to understand the logic, behind failing to sign a Striker and then sending your best U23 Forward out on loan. Very disappointed by that reality.
Generally some positive transfers with Zouma an Vlasic, but i can´t understand not sigining a forward alternative to Antonio? :?:

I'm pretty sure Moyes will use Vlasic in an advanced role should MA not play for any reason, much like he used big Jesse last season.

Like yourself I was hoping for a striker but I think the Messiah has earned the right to do what he thinks fit.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

end of the day, i think does it matter if we idnt sign a striker as long as we score goals does it matter who scores them.. Think Pale hit the nail on the head. He will utalise vilic or the likes in a more forward role. Obviously would have been ideal had we done so, but it is what it is.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

That is something akin to a whistle and a prayer, I fear.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

palerider wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:32 am

I'm pretty sure Moyes will use Vlasic in an advanced role should MA not play for any reason, much like he used big Jesse last season.

Like yourself I was hoping for a striker but I think the Messiah has earned the right to do what he thinks fit.
I am sorry, but to my mind; it makes absolutely no sense to start another season (especially one in which we are in European competition) without at least one back up Striker.
Flairon

h69

Post by h69 »

Yep. Three across the front. Its a good alternative even when MA is fit

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:49 am

I am sorry, but to my mind; it makes absolutely no sense to start another season (especially one in which we are in European competition) without at least one back up Striker.
Difficult to get a backup to sit on the bench so the alternative is to use one of the AMs like we do with MA or play a false 9. Many of our goals come from midfield.

h69

Post by h69 »

Caboose wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:56 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:39 pm

Kral - after the Euros, his stock must be down. A loan is a good option for the club. Here’s hoping my first impression of him was wrong.
Fucking hell stick to talking about what you know about. Kane was shit in the Euros. Mbappe was shit in the Euros. Dont mean there shit players does it. Messi was pretty shit in the last world cup i think. You reckon hes shit too.
Don't worry. You have to remember on here, every player is judged on anything that is negative

Zouma is apparently injury prone (not since 2011 has he been injured)
Kral is shit (He had a couple of games in the Euros where he was not on top form)
Vlasic is the wrong kind of player (We need a number 9)
Areola is only a loan (fuck knows why this is an issue)

:lol: