Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: What positions do we need to fill in the summer? Who to get rid off? Who do you want signed?

Post by mkhammer »

JayK wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:47 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:11 pm All down to our canny Scotsman I'm afraid...and which competition we end up in..and what we get for outgoings..
I'm clueless to be honest in whats gonna happen.
Would have thought most we could hope for in EXTRA backing will be 20/25 mill or so...you guys have said it all,cant
add anything.

Left back is big for me..a Coufal type other side,would go a long way...Zinchenko at city will do... :lol:
Being serious, quality like that shouldn't be a bench sitter...just checked 57 league games in 4 years at city,maybe he's
happy with that...think lots are these days..20 games a year,for 3/4 mill,just watch the money roll in,we'd all do it.

Would like Abrahams or similar...Micky has to be a bencher next year,mustn't whatever we do build a team around him,
Love the guy to bits,but we have to be logical...

Jesses a must,would love him....75/80 % we get him,but that's the spare cash gone easily,so that means all other
fundings are from outgoings......all the outgoings together might just fund someone like Zinchenko....
So in a word... we're fucked...two words sorry......well it's actually 3 words... :lol:
Make your mind up :lol: :lol: :lol:
West Ham Jay...we're always in a state of confusion.....and a what the fuck is going on state.... :lol:

Down under mick

Re: What positions do we need to fill in the summer? Who to get rid off? Who do you want signed?

Post by Down under mick »

:lol:
mkhammer wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:26 pm

West Ham Jay...we're always in a state of confusion.....and a what the fuck is going on state.... :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:26 pm

:lol: :lol: Well you’re decisive...........and right :lol: about one thing at least
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Do you like riddles ?

I love a riddle.

To get the old grey matter in gear this fine Sunday why not sit down with your morning coffee with this easy brainteaser.

Simply take the first letter from the Christian names of the following players, all of whom we've been linked with over the last few months to reveal the name of West Ham's new striker next season.

Good luck.

Corentin Tolisso
Ross Barkley
Odsonne Edouard
Uriel Antuna
Chris Wood
Houssem Aouar
Youssef El Nesyri

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:53 am Do you like riddles ?

I love a riddle.

To get the old grey matter in gear this fine Sunday why not sit down with your morning coffee with this easy brainteaser.

Simply take the first letter from the Christian names of the following players, all of whom we've been linked with over the last few months to reveal the name of West Ham's new striker next season.

Good luck.

Corentin Tolisso
Ross Barkley
Odsonne Edouard
Uriel Antuna
Chris Wood
Houssem Aouar
Youssef El Nesyri
Very good sir 👍🏻

This upcoming transfer window is a defining one .

It’ll show us once and for all the ambition that the Dwarf Cunt has for the club .
Will he invest in an attempt to really push on next season ?

I think we already know the answer to that one as Leopards do not change their spots.
However we have to give him one more opportunity to make good his inane promises of 11 years ago .

As for Moyes , I give up :D

He ain’t going anywhere and even if I dislike the way he goes about a lot of things , I finally admit that he has to be given the opportunity to continue what he has started to build.

Incoming required and actual incomings will , as usual be vastly different and inevitably leave us short .

I’m convinced Moyes would prefer playing a back 4 which has to mean he’ll surely be targeting a quality CB and a quality LB that can actually defend .

I’ve been banging on about it for 3 years but my argument still stands .
Cresswell and Masuaku are ok in a 5 but we can’t keep having 2 (and sometimes 3 , see Fornals) players covering for each other’s inadequacies all the time.

New striker is a given though we NEED 2.

Cover/competition for Declan and Soucek HAS to be a priority too.

Then we have the Lingard conundrum.

It’ll be a huge % , maybe most of any Dwarf budget .
As good as Lingard has been ....
Ask yourself this question ?
Prior to the January window , what’s the LAST area of the squad that needed improving ?

Imo Benrahma , with his few assists was coming on ok .

Nothing special but people were moaning about Fornals 18 months ago .

I reckon we would still have been up there or thereabouts if Lingard hadn’t shown up and a loan striker had .

It’s all about opinions of course , but in mine it’s not just a question of whether the Midget invests or not it’s also a question of what Moyes does with it.

It’ll certainly make for an interesting summer that’s for sure.

And the nearer we get to the end of the season the nearer we get to me making this the official transfer window thread.

Just saying :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:04 am

I love a riddle.

Good luck.

Corentin Tolisso
Ross Barkley
Odsonne Edouard
Uriel Antuna
Chris Wood
Houssem Aouar
Youssef El Nesyri
Very good sir 👍🏻

It’ll show us once and for all the ambition that the Dwarf Cunt has for the club .

I think we already know the answer to that one as Leopards do not change their spots.
However we have to give him one more opportunity to make good his inane promises of 11 years ago .

He ain’t going anywhere and even if I dislike the way he goes about a lot of things , I finally admit that he has to be given the opportunity to continue what he has started to build.

Incoming required and actual incomings will , as usual be vastly different and inevitably leave us short .

I’m convinced Moyes would prefer playing a back 4 which has to mean he’ll surely be targeting a quality CB and a quality LB that can actually defend .

Cresswell and Masuaku are ok in a 5 but we can’t keep having 2 (and sometimes 3 , see Fornals) players covering for each other’s inadequacies all the time.

Prior to the January window , what’s the LAST area of the squad that needed improving ?

I reckon we would still have been up there or thereabouts if Lingard hadn’t shown up and a loan striker had .

It’s all about opinions of course , but in mine it’s not just a question of whether the Midget invests or not it’s also a question of what Moyes does with it.

And the nearer we get to the end of the season the nearer we get to me making this the official transfer window thread.

I couldn't have put it better myself Tim.

Well I could, there'd have been more 'cunts' in the vocabulary.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

I love a riddle.

Good luck.

Corentin Tolisso
Ross Barkley
Odsonne Edouard
Uriel Antuna
Chris Wood
Houssem Aouar
Youssef El Nesyri
Might squeeze a game or two in between Podcasts......Anyway mate

We are allowed out again at the Moment..... :lol:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:04 am

I love a riddle.

Good luck.

Corentin Tolisso
Ross Barkley
Odsonne Edouard
Uriel Antuna
Chris Wood
Houssem Aouar
Youssef El Nesyri
Very good sir 👍🏻

Lets assume we actually sign a striker and the new arrival becomes a definite starter. Does Antonio play on the right and does that then shove Bowen onto the bench ? or does Bowen play on the left.

What happens if we permanantize Jesse Lingard. Does Benrahma see less of the ball.

Do we sign two strikers or does Antonio play understudy. As good as he is, will Ademipo Odubeko be happy being a non appearing substitute.

And what do we make of Felipe Anderson's declaration that he will fight for his place in this new exciting West Ham setup.

Where Declan Rice plays his football next season,will have huge significance on our available options. The decision to either keep or sell needs to be fully resolved with firm commitment to the decision by both parties, before any trading gets underway.

We would like to go buying in John Lewis but we might surprise ourselves in the Lidl market. And with a David Moyes type shopping list that's the best place to start...

palerider

Post by palerider »

So many IF's BD but fear not, all is under control.

Junior slug is firing up Football Manager 2021 as we speak.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:07 pm So many IF's BD but fear not, all is under control.

Junior slug is firing up Football Manager 2021 as we speak.
Junior slug :lol: