Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:59 am
JayK wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:56 am

Bit of both I would imagine. Seems a bit of a Moysie player but with Carroll’s injury record….or getting there anyway
Get them all in and we can take the best bits.

A little bit of Oxlade's what we need
A little bit of Carroll on some weed
A little bit of Wilshire for a song
A little bit of Phil Jones can't be wrong

Mambo Number 5 !
:lol: Is it worrying I knew the song and sung it in my head without the need of the last line?
COYI!!!

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Jens Stryger Larsen linked now. Ultimate utility player who's listed as a RB but has played more games as a RM, LM and CB in Serie A than he has as an actual RB. 30 and cheap so that ticks all of Sullivan's boxes. In all honesty he probably wouldn't be a bad squad filler but I'm at Havard Nordtveit levels of excitement with this one I'm afraid.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:06 pm Jens Stryger Larsen linked now. Ultimate utility player who's listed as a RB but has played more games as a RM, LM and CB in Serie A than he has as an actual RB. 30 and cheap so that ticks all of Sullivan's boxes. In all honesty he probably wouldn't be a bad squad filler but I'm at Havard Nordtveit levels of excitement with this one I'm afraid.
Odds on our scouting dept got the order of his name mixed up and think they're signing a back up stryger for Antonio!
#fuckqatar2022

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:06 pm Jens Stryger Larsen linked now. Ultimate utility player who's listed as a RB but has played more games as a RM, LM and CB in Serie A than he has as an actual RB. 30 and cheap so that ticks all of Sullivan's boxes. In all honesty he probably wouldn't be a bad squad filler but I'm at Havard Nordtveit levels of excitement with this one I'm afraid.
West Ham ‘overtake all rivals’ as firm bid is lodged for Udinese star
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/west-ham- ... thin-hours

Not even sure why we would be interested in him .

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:44 pm
West Ham ‘overtake all rivals’ as firm bid is lodged for Udinese star
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/west-ham- ... thin-hours

Not even sure why we would be interested in him .
A firm bid now. I love all the various descriptions the media can use tbh. Makes me chuckle
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

We are reportedly back in contention to sign AS Roma goalkeeper Robin Olsen this summer.
The Swedish stopper was on our radar earlier in the window before edging towards a move to French Ligue 1 champions Lille. However, that switch looks to be off the cards and we could swoop once again for the 31-year-old.

Don't see him as an improvement on anything we have at the moment , we should be in for Areola who hopefully would push Fabs onto the bench , then we could get shot of Randolph .

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:53 pm We are reportedly back in contention to sign AS Roma goalkeeper Robin Olsen this summer.
The Swedish stopper was on our radar earlier in the window before edging towards a move to French Ligue 1 champions Lille. However, that switch looks to be off the cards and we could swoop once again for the 31-year-old.

Don't see him as an improvement on anything we have at the moment , we should be in for Areola who hopefully would push Fabs onto the bench , then we could get shot of Randolph .
Makes sense what ya saying. Although I know nothing about the Roma keeper
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Another day passes and still no sign of any signings. Even the ever-optimistic Gonzo admits he's a tad concerned.

As the vermin shysters offer loans with obligations or derisory bids that are quite simply an insult to the potential selling clubs. With the decent players on offer moving elsewhere because these two sordid bastards are doing their utmost to leach as much as they can before Joe Black comes knocking.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:33 am Another day passes and still no sign of any signings. Even the ever-optimistic Gonzo admits he's a tad concerned.

As the vermin shysters offer loans with obligations or derisory bids that are quite simply an insult to the potential selling clubs. With the decent players on offer moving elsewhere because these two sordid bastards are doing their utmost to leach as much as they can before Joe Black comes knocking.
Can we all please stop the knicker wetting. We all know how the windows work. They're a bit like how the supermarkets get rid of the stuff that will soon be past it's sell by. The bargain buckets. Wait long enough and you'll eventually see them filled with the stuff that hasn't been shifted at premium price.

OK the bananas might be a bit squishy, the grapes a tad brown and if you're brave enough to try the cold meats make sure you're near a khazi when the bacteria strikes. But you get a deal. You save money. And we all know how old stumpy loves a bargain. He's just playing a waiting game, bless him. He can smell a bargain basement deal from a mile away. OK we won't pick up Erling Haaland on the cheap but if Andy Carroll hasn't found a club by the end of August he'll be desperate for some action and will probably be available on the cheap. What a steal.

And let's be positive. Let's stop using tacky words like "cheap" and "bargain". Let's put a positive spin on it and say "value for money" or "cost effective purchases". Sounds much more professional doesn't it ? :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:08 am
palerider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:33 am Another day passes and still no sign of any signings. Even the ever-optimistic Gonzo admits he's a tad concerned.

Can we all please stop the knicker wetting. We all know how the windows work. They're a bit like how the supermarkets get rid of the stuff that will soon be past it's sell by. The bargain buckets. Wait long enough and you'll eventually see them filled with the stuff that hasn't been shifted at premium price.

OK the bananas might be a bit squishy, the grapes a tad brown and if you're brave enough to try the cold meats make sure you're near a khazi when the bacteria strikes. But you get a deal. You save money. And we all know how old stumpy loves a bargain. He's just playing a waiting game, bless him. He can smell a bargain basement deal from a mile away. OK we won't pick up Erling Haaland on the cheap but if Andy Carroll hasn't found a club by the end of August he'll be desperate for some action and will probably be available on the cheap. What a steal.

And let's be positive. Let's stop using tacky words like "cheap" and "bargain". Let's put a positive spin on it and say "value for money" or "cost effective purchases". Sounds much more professional doesn't it ? :lol:
You are of course correct and I humbly apologise. I must chastise myself with a rolled-up Racing Post immediately.

How dare I criticise the dwarf's eye for a deal. I'm sure that Ollie McBurnie is on a train to London as I type.

I am not worthy.