Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:53 am So Cresswell is good enough then .

Manky Scottish Cunt :cry:
Other priorities were more important.
Cresswell has been pretty good recently but they did look at a LB so that will likely be next. Johnson will be his backup until we do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:49 am
Newmarket wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:53 am So Cresswell is good enough then .

Manky Scottish Cunt :cry:
Not to me .
Though I understand where you’re coming from .

Still feels to me that , as Clay pointed out once more , that we’ll have Fornals and one of Ogbonna , maybe even Zouma covering for his chronic lack of pace .

Pace being for me the main reason Moyes allegedly prioritised out defence (Zouma).
Bring back Jonathon !

Post by 9898 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:51 am

Not to me .

Still feels to me that , as Clay pointed out once more , that we’ll have Fornals and one of Ogbonna , maybe even Zouma covering for his chronic lack of pace .

Pace being for me the main reason Moyes allegedly prioritised out defence (Zouma).
Problem is, he is consistently our most dangerous player in the final third.

Diop MK II would not have the football intelligence to see danger and cover a struggling player.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:12 pm

Not to me .

Of course.
Which is the crowning turd in the water pipe.
Bring back Jonathon !

Post by 9898 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:14 pm
9898 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:12 pm

Of course.
Which is the crowning turd in the water pipe.
........ and you want him gone?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

h69

Post by h69 »

Not to me .

I get what you are saying but if pace was the issue then we would play Johnson there. He is every bit as good on the left as he is on the right but Cresswell has played pretty well this last year so I don't see it as a big problem, just one to sort out in the next year or so. We needed cover for Rice/Soucek and a different option for when we are struggling to create/score and I think we did that. And we definitely need to look at GK after watching Randolph at Celtic.

Zouma will help when we play teams like Palace as we lost every aerial ball and corner against them as they were side full of big units.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:27 pm

Not to me .

I get what you are saying but if pace was the issue then we would play Johnson there. He is every bit as good on the left as he is on the right but Cresswell has played pretty well this last year so I don't see it as a big problem, just one to sort out in the next year or so. We needed cover for Rice/Soucek and a different option for when we are struggling to create/score and I think we did that. And we definitely need to look at GK after watching Randolph at Celtic.

Zouma will help when we play teams like Palace as we lost every aerial ball and corner against them as they were side full of big units.
Yeah I understand that the club was never going to address every problem position in one window and as you say , it has to be addressed in the next year or so .

I just think that the same reasoning will be used this time next year if it hasn’t been .

We are really moving forward as a club despite other things but I wonder how long we can can go on playing as a 10 man team when not in possession, which is in effect what we are doing when Cresswell plays in a back 4 as other players cover him all the time.

I’m dreading playing the big 5 .
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:45 am
Clayton wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:28 am

It appears so , but be thankful we have Fornals to cover for him .
Isn't Johnson the obvious cover for Cresswell ?
He would have to be now , but I don't see him as the ideal cover being right footed , anyway isn't he cover for Coufal ? .
My mention of Fornals was he covers Cresswell defensively during the game , what would be ideal would be to have a LB who is better all round rather then one who is only on the pitch because of his ability to put in a decent cross .

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

I suppose we could always fluff the squad out a bit by signing a couple of free agents. Loris Benito a 29 year old swiss LB and Daniel Sturridge who's now free to play again after his ban are the only two that marginally stick out on a pretty inconspicuous list that includes wor Andy.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Post by palerider »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:35 pm I suppose we could always fluff the squad out a bit by signing a couple of free agents. Loris Benito a 29 year old swiss LB and Daniel Sturridge who's now free to play again after his ban are the only two that marginally stick out on a pretty inconspicuous list that includes wor Andy.
Diafra Sakho.

Unfinished business.

:lol: