Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: What positions do we need to fill in the summer? Who to get rid off? Who do you want signed?

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:50 am
JayK wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:02 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
...and then , in a puff of smoke , as if from nowhere....

He woke up for Breakfast :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

JayK

Re: What positions do we need to fill in the summer? Who to get rid off? Who do you want signed?

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:38 am:oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Riceascaptain wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:38 pm Ivan Toney and Adam Armstrong rocking up at West Ham would be immense!

But the club probably can´t afford both :cry:

I guess we could get the pair for 35 million sirka
Why would it be immense ? And why, when we go with one front man, would we bring in two ?
Toney is getting rave reviews I grant you but Armstrong didn’t hack it in the PL before so why do you think he would if he gets another shot at it.

And they’re both English which adds £££££s to the price.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:13 pm
Riceascaptain wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:38 pm Ivan Toney and Adam Armstrong rocking up at West Ham would be immense!

But the club probably can´t afford both :cry:

I guess we could get the pair for 35 million sirka
Why would it be immense ? And why, when we go with one front man, would we bring in two ?
Toney is getting rave reviews I grant you but Armstrong didn’t hack it in the PL before so why do you think he would if he gets another shot at it.

I have watched both live quite a few times and I reckon they can easily take the step up. Armstrong would suit our style and he has improved alot recently and some players are late bloomers. Didier Drogba for example. Toney has the physical attributes to bully defenders, with decent pace and is a leathal finisher.

Competition for places is what we need and 2 strikers are needed

Armstrong is available for 10 million, I don´t think we can get a better deal elsewhere.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Riceascaptain wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:29 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:13 pm

I have watched both live quite a few times and I reckon they can easily take the step up. Armstrong would suit our style and he has improved alot recently and some players are late bloomers. Didier Drogba for example. Toney has the physical attributes to bully defenders, with decent pace and is a leathal finisher.

Competition for places is what we need and 2 strikers are needed

Armstrong is available for 10 million, I don´t think we can get a better deal elsewhere.
I agree we need competition for all places. But are wean attractive enough proposition to bring in 2 strikers who will both know only one of them will usually start ?

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

You have a point, we have Antonio of course and Lingard, Bowen and Benrahma can play upfront in injury crisis.

If the choice is between Toney or Armstrong I would pick Toney he can do what Antonio does and is as much better finisher than him

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Riceascaptain wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:27 pm You have a point, we have Antonio of course and Lingard, Bowen and Benrahma can play upfront in injury crisis.

If the choice is between Toney or Armstrong I would pick Toney he can do what Antonio does and is as much better finisher than him
Not seen Toney play but he obviously knows where the goal is. And if he’s physical like Antonio that’s another big plus. But imo the last bloke we bought from Brentford isn’t all that. :(

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:23 pm
Riceascaptain wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:27 pm You have a point, we have Antonio of course and Lingard, Bowen and Benrahma can play upfront in injury crisis.

Not seen Toney play but he obviously knows where the goal is. And if he’s physical like Antonio that’s another big plus. But imo the last bloke we bought from Brentford isn’t all that. :(
Benrahma was immense against Burnley, so he can do it.
As Moyes has said he needs to do it consistently.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:27 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:23 pm

Good yes. Immense no. And imo one or two decent games isn’t enough at this level. His performance today is gash.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:49 pm
Towie wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:27 pm

Good yes. Immense no. And imo one or two decent games isn’t enough at this level. His performance today is gash.
I agree, but as I said he had the ability though.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.