Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by mkhammer »

Micky if your reading...Fuck VAR we want our dancing back......

Great Performance really chuffed...all played well can't single anyone out,but a Shout out and thanks to Lanza,
done a great job sitting tight at times when needed.

Hands up I'd have got it wrong...might have gone with a 3 at back...prob been Balbeuna in for Lanza,used Fornals
in Nobes role...and had a little grimace when saw the team..well kinda smiled and grimaced at same time... :lol:

Some of the footie is as good as anyone plays...never seen us with movement like that...mind you there is some fucking good
exciting players on the pitch.
You lot have said it all...

Well done Everyone ...Over the moon as they say.....

Oh and more Money in my betting account...I'll be chipping in to get Jesse soon..... :lol:

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Totally agree that our movement was good, but we really need to be more clinical in front of goal Better teams would have punished us yesterda.
Flairon

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:34 pm
JayK wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:10 pm

If Carlsberg done final games of the season......
I should clarify that I meant two points adrift of Spurs in fourth, but I'm sure most would've already picked up on that.
I got it. Sure others did mate 👍🏽
COYI!!!

hd1

Post by hd1 »

I may have missed it, but Lanzini doesn't seem to be getting the credit he deserves for that performance. Playing alongside Soucek in a more defensive role he broke the play down well, was always showing for the ball and looking to play forwards.

Also the interaction and swapping of positions between Lingard, Fornals and Benrahma meant the Burnley defence/midfield had no idea who they were supposed to be marking, it was a joy to watch.

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:34 pm I may have missed it, but Lanzini doesn't seem to be getting the credit he deserves for that performance. Playing alongside Soucek in a more defensive role he broke the play down well, was always showing for the ball and looking to play forwards.

Also the interaction and swapping of positions between Lingard, Fornals and Benrahma meant the Burnley defence/midfield had no idea who they were supposed to be marking, it was a joy to watch.
Think you need to read through the thread again, I mean you do like to pull up old posts, so this should be a breeze. ;)

There has been plenty of credit for his performance, his best for us for a long time. We now have a viable option if Rice & Soucek injured.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Towie wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:27 pm Think you need to read through the thread again, I mean you do like to pull up old posts, so this should be a breeze. ;)

There has been plenty of credit for his performance, his best for us for a long time. We now have a viable option if Rice & Soucek injured.
I didn't say just on here did I, I meant across social media generally. There's a few posts on here granted but his performance was key to the way we attacked so quickly and ruthlessly at times, with only tour final ball lacking from giving them a right drubbing.

Everyones raving about Benrahma and rightly so but for me Lanzinis performance was the pick of the bunch.