Are Manchester City All That ?

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Are Manchester City All That ?

Post by terrya1965 »

Castiron wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:22 pm Aguero tries to be a smart fucker and totally fucks up the penalty to make it 2-0. Prick.
A C U Next Tuesday of the highest order.

I was going to cheer City in the Final,but I am having 2nd thoughts.

It`s really angered me.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:19 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:13 pm

Agreed.
Either way my learned friend it's been a season to remember and as I won't be able to attend the last day celebrations I'll have the yak restrained and oiled-up for an evening of drunken debauchery.
I shall bring Gertrude, she's coming in to season.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:52 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:31 pm And there goes our CL aspirations.

It was fun for a while :lol:
Personally I’ve never thought we would make the CL but imo that game hasn’t made the slightest difference. Leicester are the vulnerable side in the top 4 jmo. Would have been very different if Lampard was still there but Tuchel has turned Chelsea into the real deal.
It has made a difference though,because Leicester and Chelsea have to play each other..Chelsea may not need to win it now,so they will probably rest a few and they can take advantage..

Then Leicester have to play a United side stuck between Liverpool and Villa in 6 days.Another 2nd string XI..Our dream is over in my opinion.

So a Argie playing the fool and Man U fans getting a game postponed has f**ked us,though we still needed to win 4 games.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:51 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:52 pm

Personally I’ve never thought we would make the CL but imo that game hasn’t made the slightest difference. Leicester are the vulnerable side in the top 4 jmo. Would have been very different if Lampard was still there but Tuchel has turned Chelsea into the real deal.
It has made a difference though,because Leicester and Chelsea have to play each other..Chelsea may not need to win it now,so they will probably rest a few and they can take advantage..

Then Leicester have to play a United side stuck between Liverpool and Villa in 6 days.Another 2nd string XI..Our dream is over in my opinion.

So a Argie playing the fool and Man U fans getting a game postponed has f**ked us,though we still needed to win 4 games.
Oh FFS. Here we go again. If we fail to qualify for the CL it will be Aguerro’s fault. Or Solskjaer’s if he loses to Liverpool and Leicester because he rests players.

No. It will be because we lost twice to Newcastle, blew a 3 goal lead against Arsenal and played the wrong formation at home to Brighton. Probably one or two other failings as well.

We’ve had a great season, better than any of us could have hoped for, but if we don’t make top 4 it will be because we don’t quite deserve it.

Still I suppose it’s easier to blame everyone else.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:20 pm

Oh FFS. Here we go again. If we fail to qualify for the CL it will be Aguerro’s fault. Or Solskjaer’s if he loses to Liverpool and Leicester because he rests players.

No. It will be because we lost twice to Newcastle, blew a 3 goal lead against Arsenal and played the wrong formation at home to Brighton. Probably one or two other failings as well.

We’ve had a great season, better than any of us could have hoped for, but if we don’t make top 4 it will be because we don’t quite deserve it.

I'm not blaming them ..I'm saying the dream is basically over NOW.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:22 am

Read your last paragraph again and then say you’re not trying to blame someone else. :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:27 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:22 am

Read your last paragraph again and say you’re not trying to blame someone else.. :lol: :lol:

Whiskyman,we now have to rely on others now..It was in our own hands until injury time in the Chels/City game.

I am so pissed off about it,that`s all.

I suppose it stops me from being really disappointed tomorrow if we don't pick up the 3 points.I was well nervous about the City game today,like it was us playing(and I was working)..I would have been terrible tomorrow,now I am a bit cooler about it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Exactly this but I'd add Liverpool at home to your list of games where Moyes fucked up, and this one, although we didn't know it at the time could well be the most important.

The dippers were there for the taking. Racked by injuries yet the Messiah employed tactics reminiscent of a WW2 Italian army general.

You have to look after your own first before blaming a dud Argie.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Whatever you say, Guardiola and his merry little band of fucking superstars, tucked us and Leicester up yesterday. He/they treated that game as though it didn't matter, it almost felt like a training game.
Add to the fact that just before Chelski get the winner, City have a clearest fucking penalty you will see denied by VAR and that cunt Taylor, when normally they would give that without flinching.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

palerider wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:32 am

Exactly this but I'd add Liverpool at home to your list of games where Moyes fucked up, and this one, although we didn't know it at the time could well be the most important.

The dippers were there for the taking. Racked by injuries yet the Messiah employed tactics reminiscent of a WW2 Italian army general.

You have to look after your own first before blaming a dud Argie.
I would like to add the Red Mancs game at home.

Ta .