Are Manchester City All That ?

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Are Manchester City All That ?

Post by Towie »

Castiron wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:37 pm Yet again the big club gets the decisions. Laporte should have had 2 bookings, but pops up with the winner instead.
If the ref had booked him in the first place, the 2nd yellow wouldn’t of happened.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:51 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:39 pm Citeh dominated the game ffs, it is hard for any team to score when the opposition stick all 11 players behind the ball.
That first half the average Spud players position were
all in their own half except Son.
For a self proclaimed European super power is extraordinary!
Most one sided final I can remember in ages.

The icing on the cake watching Son blubbering like a baby at the end.
That doesn’t explain 10 attempts , but only one on target. I agree with everything else btw.

Odd that people criticise Moyes for adopting the same tactics though is it not. : :lol: :lol:
Yes, I have been critical off Moyes adopting those tactics, and like Spuds today invariably you end up losing.

Attack is best form of defence and Spuds have great attacking players to have given it more if ago.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:37 pm Yet again the big club gets the decisions. Laporte should have had 2 bookings, but pops up with the winner instead.
Don't let Spurs fans hear you say that. They're a big club remember. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:20 am
Their forum, The Fighting Cock, was awash with the vitriol last night.

'Sack that fraud Mason' was a good one. Two games into the job :lol:

So at least they care.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:42 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:20 am

So at least they care.
Tbh whenever I watch Manchester City, who are going to win the league again of course, I can't help wondering how far ahead they'd be if they had a proper, fit, striker like a fully fit Aguerro to call on. Imo their weakness is the shots on target to actual shots ratio. Let's be honest yesterday could have been a repeat of the F A Cup final when they put 6 past Watford, and there was a game earlier in the season, not the one they just lost against Leeds but the one at Elland Road, when they had something like 27 shots but only 2 on target. Sort that out and they'll be some outfit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mason ? Poor sod's got a 50% win record and they want him sacked. Ungrateful bastards.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:50 am
palerider wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:42 am

So at least they care.
Tbh whenever I watch Manchester City, who are going to win the league again of course, I can't help wondering how far ahead they'd be if they had a proper, fit, striker like a fully fit Aguerro to call on. Imo their weakness is the shots on target to actual shots ratio. Let's be honest yesterday could have been a repeat of the F A Cup final when they put 6 past Watford, and there was a game earlier in the season, not the one they just lost against Leeds but the one at Elland Road, when they had something like 27 shots but only 2 on target. Sort that out and they'll be some outfit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mason ? Poor sod's got a 50% win record and they want him sacked. Ungrateful bastards.
City are more successful than most playing the 'false 9', such is the talent of their midfield / wide players. But I'm sure Pep will rectify the striker situation in the Summer. Covid will diminish spending considerably for 95% of clubs but not them. With the addition of say Haaland, even I would be tempted to have a fiver on them retaining the title.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:56 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:50 am

City are more successful than most playing the 'false 9', such is the talent of their midfield / wide players. But I'm sure Pep will rectify the striker situation in the Summer. Covid will diminish spending considerably for 95% of clubs but not them. With the addition of say Haaland, even I would be tempted to have a fiver on them retaining the title.
Manchester City plus Haaland is a scary thought for the rest of the league.

h69

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:58 pm Do wish they would fuckin score....a couple wanna get back out in garden with music and beer.... :lol:

Made no secret of fact last few years Red Scouse are the best team for me.....

But Foden and De Bruyne are joys to watch....
Nah. Liverpool are a spent force. Man City are very consistent. They have lost a number of players through retirement and injury and are still head and shoulders above the rest of the league.

De Bruyne is the best player in the PL in my opinion....Foden, Ruben Dias and Mahrez are also excellent and with a replacement for Aguero they will romp home next season.

As for the two reds yesterday....I imagine if he had been booked the first time as he should have, he would not have made the second.

City still found a way to win and Spurs will now lose Kane....all good !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Red Scouse....

Recently.... Two CL finals winning one...Fifa world club champions...won the league by dont know how many points
last year..lost it by 1 point previous year.
That Edges them over City on recent form a fair bit for me..
City fall down or have so far, at the very top level..Scouse don't..

Had horrendous Injury Probs,causing the fall off this year..they are still pissing all over teams..and still in with a shout of
CL footie..have an easy run in....

Be interesting next year see if they bounce back..that'll define them..

Side Note... we really need the Red Mancs to beat them....can see them easily winning their last 4..
Means we gotta pick up 12 pts edge them out....

Cheats have a tougher more congested run in..

palerider

Post by palerider »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:42 am Red Scouse....

Recently.... Two CL finals winning one...Fifa world club champions...won the league by dont know how many points
last year..lost it by 1 point previous year.
That Edges them over City on recent form a fair bit for me..
City fall down or have so far, at the very top level..Scouse don't..

Had horrendous Injury Probs,causing the fall off this year..they are still pissing all over teams..and still in with a shout of
CL footie..have an easy run in....

Be interesting next year see if they bounce back..that'll define them..

Side Note... we really need the Red Mancs to beat them....can see them easily winning their last 4..
Means we gotta pick up 12 pts edge them out....

Cheats have a tougher more congested run in..
You're not a secret victim are you MK ?

Do you feel yourself breaking out in cold sweats when you see a decent hub-cap ?